No announcement yet.

Jack O'Neill M.A.D. Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In "The Tokra" when Carter is going off with Martouf to learn about Jolinar, O'Neill says to him something like 'I want her home by 11:00, son."

Comment

Originally posted by divcon
      WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!! I found it, I found it. Glad I found this thread. I love Jack for oh so many reasons.

His loyalty
      His wacky sense of humour
      His honour
      His smile
      His laugh
      His complete sexiness.

I love that he makes the stargate universe so real to all of us, his pop culture references make us feel as if we really know what he's thinking and feeling. He makes us feel as if he could be a part of our family (maybe just a REALLY GOOD FRIEND).

"It's my sidearem........I swear."
      'Understanding.still.you.not"
      His explaining of 'Lose it' to Teal'c (As can be seen in my sig)

Season 9 will just not be the same.
      totally true ....S9 and SG1 will never be the same for me .... RDA/Jack O'Neill was SG1

Comment

Originally posted by Billie
        Ah ha... I have finally got around to doing a bit of Jack quote research and found this one from S4 Prodigy

Jack - Where are you going? (said to scientists)
        Dr Hamilton - We were going to check out the life form you encountered yesterday
        Jack - What part of .... 'not the heck yet' did you not understand!

LOL!!
        IMHO Prodigy is a so-so episode as a whole, but I love the scene when Hailey tried to put down her excitement on gate-travel and remembering her manner when talking with THE COLONEL OF SG-1 and Jack just smile knowingly, *sigh* and also the fact that Jack willingly take a ZAT shot to save everybody.. and the scene quite funny too... you just gotta love dead-pan expression on Teal'c.

Jack : OK... one... two... *zatted* *woken-up* THREE !!!
        sigpic
        sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Even in the so-so episodes there are Jack moments that made it worth watching.

I just saw 'Full Circle' for the first time the other day on SciFi, and the whole elevator scene when Daniel tries to warn Jack, but Jack just brushes it off for a minute, making Daniel do a little catching-up type small talk. That was just so very Jack, and I loved it.

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that 'Full Circle' was a so-so episode. I was just proof reading above statements and realized that read together, one could infer that I thought it was... FCOL! Can you tell it is very late as I am typing this!! Just... whatever..
          sig by PM

Comment

IMO any ep that Jack is around was worth it's weight in gold. RDA is an amazing actor and he just puts so much into the picture that it becomes a better show.

Comment

In appreciation, how bout a pic or two of our boy!

Comment

I'm running a Jack quotes game at the moment so I have a number of quotes to hand. What I love is Jack's (RDA's?) ability to push the envelope in his language...saying some wicked things! LOL

"You know that 'We come in peace' business? Bite me."

"I guess we'll just mosey on back to Earth. Tell General Hammond how the Tok'ra boned us again."

"I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it."

And for me, the most outrageous line of them all: Jack, singing under his breath, "...tell me that you love me..."

And the unexpected--and funny:

"You ended that sentence with a preposition! B@$t@rd!" (Hey, HE said it, I didn't!)

sharp

Comment

Now, Jack, the compassionate man:

“Killing a man is no badge of honor, Captain.”

“There are a lot of things we do, that we wish we could change and we sure as hell can’t forget. But the whole concept of chain of command undermines the idea of free will. So, as soldiers, we have to do some pretty awful stuff. But we’re following orders, like we were trained to do. It doesn’t make it easier, it certainly doesn’t make it right. But it does put some of the responsibility on the guy giving the orders.”

“Is anyone at the Pentagon or along the chain of command remotely concerned about their Aboriginal rights, repeating history, that annoyingly pesky moral stuff…?”

"I am asking you not to sacrifice Earth and God knows how many other planets to save your own ass! I’m asking you to do the right thing, and you know it!"

sharp (who really can't imagine anyone else saying these lines)

Comment

Jack, the hero:

"Listen to me! We are not getting out of here! Mission accomplished! Blow it!!!"

sharp

Comment

Uh, how about "Well, spank me rosy!"

*giggle* *giggle* *snort*

Comment

WOW ! thanks SHARP for posting those quotes.. (will help more if you include the Title where it come from, at least for me )

In the later years, Jack saying less profound long speeches, and more one liners, not that I complain coz those lines still kick butt , but I think the writers do not dig deeper into O'Neill character than in the early years.

We know more and more background characterisation of Sam, Daniel & Teal'c. Sam feels lonely because of this, Daniel choose ascencion because of that, Teal'c decide to do this instead of that because of... -you get the idea... but what of Jack ? All we know that he's ex Black-ops (and a lot of his action refered to that without further explanation), he lost Charlie, he's sad but he recovered, he loves kid, he loves dog, he won't left anyone behind (why ? I actually got a logical explanation of this from a fan-fic and not from the show ) what else than those ?

You see an early episode of SG-1 and compare to say season 7 (while he still a COlonel), IMHO Jack doesn't change much unlike the others.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
                          Uh, how about "Well, spank me rosy!"

*giggle* *giggle* *snort*
                          or "That's what you got for d#ckin' around !" (in Fallout.. still can't believe they allowed him to say that!)
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L-JADE
                            WOW ! thanks SHARP for posting those quotes.. (will help more if you include the Title where it come from, at least for me )
                            Your wish is my command. The episodes are, in order of the quotes I used:

New Ground
                            Crossroads
                            Shadow Play
                            Forsaken (and I truly believe the song only got past the censors because they didn't recognize what he was singing--Monty Python's "Sit on my Face" ROTFLMAO)
                            The Other Guys
                            The First Commandment
                            Cor'ai
                            Spirits
                            Between Two Fires
                            Small Victories

sharp

Comment

Originally posted by sharp
                              Now, Jack, the compassionate man:

““Is anyone at the Pentagon or along the chain of command remotely concerned about their Aboriginal rights, repeating history, that annoyingly pesky moral stuff…?”

sharp (who really can't imagine anyone else saying these lines)
                              Oh my; I can finally post a serious comment about Jack.

I loved this line from Spirits; showing that not always was Jack's first concern obtaining the military goods to save the planet.

Thanks Sharp.
                              sigpic

Comment

Not much more I can say about my favorite character. You guys did an excellent job of it. But I do have a few more Jack quotes.

"For cryin' out loud!" Episode: ...Repeated to much to list them all

"General Hammond, request permission to beat the crap out of this man." Episode: .... Unknown, if someone knows, it would be appreciated

General Hammond: "Colonel O'Neill what the hell are you doing!"
                                Jack: "In the middle of my backswing!" Episode: WoO

"Alright, we came here in peace, we except to go in one... piece." Episode: .... Unknown

"We had a nice time, sir. Carter picked up some Naquda (sp?). Tel'c made some new friends, as usual. Daniel got engaged. And uh... I'm going to hit the showers." Episode: Need

Sam: "I've never been so happy to see you guys."
                                Jack: "Sure you have, remember that time on P3X595 you drank that stuff that made you take off -"
                                Sam: *clears throat* We won't get into that right now." Episode: .... Unknown

Mughal: "Turghan will partake in his newest purchase."
                                JACK: "Oh, there's not a chance in hell." Episode: Emancipation

"Tel'c looked, I looked. It grabbed my head, I past out, I came too. We're here, we're home. Can we go?" Episode: ... Unknown

And last but not least,the famous:

"Opps..."

Old extras never die, they reappear in the next season.
                                --Major J. Traylor--

Comment

Working...
                                X