Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by worth_it
    The interrogation scene in '1969'
    O'Neill: (calmly) Captain James T. Kirk, of the starship Enterprise.

Thornbird: And your dog tags say otherwise.

O'Neill: They're lying.

LMAO! Love that scene!
    Yes... love that scene too.. Jack was so funny there, he always pretend to be somewhat dumb or dumber than he's really are, but in 1969, he can operate the telescope quite easily... I thought that Sam would be the one who check it.. GO JACK !!!
    sigpic
    sig.by : lilferret

Comment

I loved how in the first episode with the replicators, Jack did this move like "I've got the willies!" as he brushed them off when they crawled on him.

Comment

One thing (among many) that I love about Jack is the way you can never be quite sure what will come out of his mouth. It could be funny, sarcastic, impudent, commanding, demanding, heart wrenching, tender, loving, and sometimes, completely expressionless. His expressions can give you a hint sometimes, but definately not always.

What will Jack say today?
        sigpic
        ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by worth_it
          The interrogation scene in '1969'
          O'Neill: (calmly) Captain James T. Kirk, of the starship Enterprise.

Thornbird: And your dog tags say otherwise.

O'Neill: They're lying.

Thornbird: Our cameras showed some sort of weapon.

O'Neill: Oh. Well, it's hard to say.

Thornbird: Some sort of state secret?

O'Neill: No, just difficult to pronounce.

O'Neill: (pretending to be impressed) Ooh. All right. I'll be honest with you, Bob. My name's not Kirk. (pausing for effect) It's Skywalker. Luke Skywalker.

LMAO! Love that scene!
          I love the dialogue that they give RDA.And he always deliver the lines so well. I wonder if he made up the lines himself or the writters put it in cause they know RDA can pull it off.

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
            I love the dialogue that they give RDA.And he always deliver the lines so well. I wonder if he made up the lines himself or the writters put it in cause they know RDA can pull it off.
            Yes, he has a way of delivering lines so that they seem off the cuff even when they're scripted. In the scene in the episode where Anubis first sends his holo-image to the SGC and says "prepare to meet your doom;" Jack says "who talks that way?" I think they said in the commentary that that was RDA's line.

Comment

Originally posted by gatewatcher
              I think my all time favorite quote has to be..." it's my sidearm, I swear."
              But, I think I appreciate Jack the most when he doesn't say anything at all. I LOVE the way he uses his eyes and facial expressions to get across what he's thinking. RDA does that sooo well!! He will be truly missed. I hope he decides he's bored often and makes many guest appearances. Here's to you, Rick!!
              Amen to that. Jack's facial expressions just get me laughing at least once an episode. Hell he's the comedy part of the whole show, I can't remember there being many occasions where I laughed without it having to do anything with Jack. Well except for Teal's frowns and stoic responses at times, but I'm digressing.

I'm new to this forum, and consciously chose this nick because I took note of the different episodes where O'Neill refers to 'The Wizard Of Oz' [insert episode names here]. There are over 5 for sure, him referring to Dorothy, the Yellow brick road, Esmerald City, the wicked witch, I just LOVE all that. Intertextuality in general, but Jack does this all so well!
              I love the way he mocks the Goa'ulds in their faces too, he just doesn't care! And all his remarks about being captured from the 1000th time and acting totally uninterested when a new Goa'uld approaches. This develops through the different seasons, when he will round up the Goa'uld as those guys with shiny eyes, cliché-badguy-behaviour, evilness... I can't hold my laugh whenever such a situation occurs.
              My favorite Jack Episode (and in short my favorite Stargate episode of all time) "Window of Opportunity" especially for the dialogue with Daniel where he goes 'crazy': "It means go crazy...nuts...insane...bonzo...no longer in possession of one's faculties...3 fries short of a happy meal...WACKO!" Brilliant stuff. I loved the way he just got to do all the things he always wanted to do, like playing golf and riding this little kid's bike through the hallways: it doesn't get much funnier than that.
              Hooray for Jack, Hooray for Jack, bloody hooray
              => Complete SG-1 marathon: currently watching Season 10... <=

In the end, only you can decide the fate of your own soul…

sigpic

As your mother, you will listen to *me*, young lady! There will be *no* leading ships on a mass murdering crusade!

Comment

i love how jack can always say those lines that we'd say...such as in redemption when nuby shows up. his 'oh please, who talks like that' was just what i was thinking
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hooray for a bit of Jack appreciation!!

I definitely became a huge SG1 fan mainly because of Jack and his wacky ROFL sense of humour and like so many will miss him dreadfully in S9

However RDA has given us 8 fab years and 8 fab boxsets to watch and rewatch and watch again and ..... just trying to be optimistic!

Anyway just wanted to check in and say YEA! to this thread and will be back soon with another classic Jack quote to add to the great ones here already

Comment

WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!! I found it, I found it. Glad I found this thread. I love Jack for oh so many reasons.

His loyalty
                    His wacky sense of humour
                    His honour
                    His smile
                    His laugh
                    His complete sexiness.

I love that he makes the stargate universe so real to all of us, his pop culture references make us feel as if we really know what he's thinking and feeling. He makes us feel as if he could be a part of our family (maybe just a REALLY GOOD FRIEND).

"It's my sidearem........I swear."
                    'Understanding.still.you.not"
                    His explaining of 'Lose it' to Teal'c (As can be seen in my sig)

Season 9 will just not be the same.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                    NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Wow... a lot of new post here.. I admit I was a bit disheartened awhile back when nobody seems to post more in here. It really boggled my mind that Sam/Daniel has their own appreciation thread and not many interested in Jack's.
                      I admit that I guiltily spend more and more time on the RDA/JON Thunk Thread.. hey the MAN is sooo easy on the eyes but to me -IMHO- to appreciate Jack as Jack (and not RDA as Jack) is to post & discuss Jack's antics in this thread, and he has A LOT of THOSE !!
                      So please post more.. and I will happily read and add and grumble with the lots of you about JACK-LESS season 9

To go back on topic :

In Fallen (about Teal'c being a jaffa) : No, but he plays one on TV
                      And he's waiting until Hammond said : 'God speed', before he feels 'complete' to blast Anubis powercore

In Homecoming (about being punished publicly) : DOes it have to be publicly ? (then the Jaffa point him the Staff weapon) Publicly is fine ! (and seems like his finger get caught in the closing of the staff weapon )
                      Last edited by L-JADE; 11 July 2005, 10:52 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

In 'Fire and Water'.

After smashing the car window.

When General Hammond tells him to come back into the yard with everyone else.

Hammond: "You know that was my car."

Jack: "You'll have to do something about that window."

Even in his misery over losing Daniel, Jacks one-liners keep on coming.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                        NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Yes, I think over the years Hammond has develop a lot of leniancy (sp?) and patience for Jack. I don't think he realised that when he asked Jack to join SGC at COTG.
                          I think the only time Hammond feels smug satisfaction is when Jack stutter and mumbles in front of (the real) General Ryan in Prodigy

I remember at the end of Fire & Water, Jack ask Daniel to tell them the story over sushi which is his way of saying : 'hey I'm happy your back let's celebrate over dinner' but still make a jab at Daniel being held prison by a 'fish' people.

sigpic

Comment

Another instance of Jack and his wit is at the end of 'The Broca Divide' when the team is discussing finding a medical cure but not being able to lay claim to it and Jack says.
                            "I guess I'll have to cancel Oprah."

Once again Jack reminds us that the 'Stargate' is happening in our time frame.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                            NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by divcon
                              Another instance of Jack and his wit is at the end of 'The Broca Divide' when the team is discussing finding a medical cure but not being able to lay claim to it and Jack says.
                              "I guess I'll have to cancel Oprah."

Once again Jack reminds us that the 'Stargate' is happening in our time frame.
                              And Teal'c ask : Who is Oprah ?

I think it's in Broca Divide too when Jack ask Teal'c to open the door saying "Lucyyyy... I'm home ?" and Teal'c said : "I'm not Lucy!"

I think early season of SG-1 Jack's jokes are so funny and unexpectedly slipped that left me LOL at unexpected times.. maybe later on I get used to Jack's jokes that kinda expected them ? so gonna miss that on Season 9 *sigh*
                              sigpic

Comment

Ah ha... I have finally got around to doing a bit of Jack quote research and found this one from S4 Prodigy

Jack - Where are you going? (said to scientists)
                                Dr Hamilton - We were going to check out the life form you encountered yesterday
                                Jack - What part of .... 'not the heck yet' did you not understand!

LOL!!

Comment

Working...
                                X