Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
    Not always... I wished they offed potato-head!
    Ah, but wasn't truly a serious threat. There's only ever one time we ever see Jack actively jealous of another man's ability to show interest in Sam...

And unless I'm very much mistaken, it isn't potato cop!
    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Great review! One thing I've never understood is how
      Spoiler:
      Lantash survived to come back in season 5?
      Sam killed Martouf! They certainly didn't have a sarcophagus!
      (Spoilered in case, by any chance, anyone hasn't seen up to season 5.)

Comment

Not always... I wished they offed potato-head!
        Couldn't agree more!
        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

I don't get it either brendini!
          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
            Ah, but wasn't truly a serious threat. There's only ever one time we ever see Jack actively jealous of another man's ability to show interest in Sam...

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/...pscb3ad7c8.jpg

And unless I'm very much mistaken, it isn't potato cop!
            Jack also shows a jealous streak around Narim.
            Last edited by IamDKScully; 13 September 2013, 05:38 PM. Reason: forgot to remove tags
            sigpic

----------
            FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Originally posted by IamDKScully View Post
              Jack also shows a jealous streak around Narim.
              Yeah, but Sam didn't have to kill him herself!

But still, Jack shows absolutely no jealousy when it comes to !

Comment

I think he does. When shows up at the stakeout and is shot, Jack looks peeved, but I think there was also a little jealousy in there, too!

Comment

I think he does. When shows up at the stakeout and is shot, Jack looks peeved, but I think there was also a little jealousy in there, too!
                  would you call jack being uncomfortable about the dating/engagement jealousy?
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brendini View Post
                    Great review! One thing I've never understood is how
                    Spoiler:
                    Lantash survived to come back in season 5?
                    Sam killed Martouf! They certainly didn't have a sarcophagus!
                    (Spoilered in case, by any chance, anyone hasn't seen up to season 5.)
                    Spoiler:
                    My understanding is that while Martouf died from his injuries, Lantash was only badly injured. He was kept in stasis in a tank of some kind (in the hopes that he could heal himself/recover from his injuries) until the events of "Last Stand" happened in Season 5, when he basically gave up his life to try and save Elliott.

Comment

I guess my confusion comes from
                      Spoiler:
                      not understanding how Lantash lasted long enough to be put into stasis. They weren't in any rush to get him through the gate, or at least they didn't seem to be.
                      Maybe I just think too much lol.

Comment

sigpic
                        My vids Sig made by me

Comment

I actually don't mind they killed off Martouf in this episode. It made much more of an impact than, say, Lt Astor's death as we didn't even know her before this episode. Also, Martouf had lived out his usefulness in my opinion and his behavior towards Sam was entering creepy area very fast.

In a way, I'm glad it was Sam who got to shoot him and close the book on the whole Jolinar/Tok'ra-book herself, rather than being faced with possible anguish later on brought on by Jolinar's memories/feelings upon watching someone else shoot Martouf. Also, if it had been Jack it wouldn't only be cliche but it could also cause friction in the team, if Jolinar's emotions were strong enough to confuse Sam and make her blame him for Martouf's death.

To be quite honest though, I think it was very in character for Martouf to ask Sam to deliver the kill shot: he's always been all about me, me, ME (okay, and Lantash) when it comes to Sam, forcing his feelings for 'her'/Jolinar on her and being creepy in general. So, asking her to kill him was very much in line with it, as he wanted it to be a comfort to him that she would be the one who 'saved' him (by killing him and thereby not allowing him to hurt anyone else) but as usual, he didn't think for a minute what such a request would mean to her and how it would affect her to have to kill him. But, Sam being Sam, she soldiered on and fulfilled his last request and thereby she showed once again how truly awesome she is and how she doesn't hesitate to put her own feelings aside for her friends, the Tok'ra/Tau'ri Alliance and the safety of the President and Earth as a whole.

I am also confused about Lantash because wasn't Martouf zatted twice? How could a symbiote survive that, aside from all the other (bullet) damage already done to the host body?

Jack showed subtle jealousy (or general annoyance) towards most guys showing an interest in Sam but hardly ever voiced it in my opinion, other than making sarcastic comments towards/about them which is his usual MO when it comes to dealing with people he dislikes. The only time that stands out to me is with Colson, strangely enough. The other times with (alien) love interests it were usually looks but his comment about some of us knowing him "better than others" and the pointed look towards Sam (and her rather defensive reply) struck me as odd, to say the least. Especially considering Sam is supposed to be engaged to the cop at that point, so why would Jack make Sam's previous (working) relationship with Colson point it out in such a manner?

Perhaps I'm giving this too much thought and I guess he could have just been pissed about Colson's actions and annoyed that no one saw this coming and thus he vents his annoyance and frustration on Sam because she supposedly knows him (and didn't see any sign of this), but the way it was written/acted makes me think jealousy every time I see it. And, let's face it, Colson would probably be the biggest threat to Jack if Sam were to date the guy considering their shared interest in science, (relatively) similar intelligence, his independence, success and finances and his hot accent - he's kind of like Faxon without the backstabbing politician streak that made him agree to sterilizing even a portion of the population without telling anyone (and only getting upset about the whole thing when it's affecting him and his wife).

Anyway, back to D&C: I absolutely adore Jack's behavior throughout this episode. I can't remember ever seeing him as intense (and probably close to breaking down) as when he's banging on that force field or when he's confessing his feelings for Sam. I'm glad they didn't show Sam's confession, because aside of it probably being a repeat of Jack's (carefully phrased) words it would also be so cliche: a successful, intelligent career woman who falls for her boss - even worse, they're both military and it's a court-martiable offense. I like that it's the strong, silent leading man (who never speaks about feelings) admitting to falling for his subordinate, instead of the other way around and it not involving them having had sex (as is common in these scenarios in TV shows/movies) but actually being about love and not having even mentioned it at the threat of death and brain autopsy out of respect for her.

*shippy sigh*

ETA:
                          Apparently unlike a lot of S/J shippers, I'm glad they didn't off the cop and I truly hate fics where Sam gets married anyway and then he gets killed in the line of duty and she gets together with Jack, because it implies that Jack is second choice even if Sam was already conflicted about the whole thing. I'd much rather she would choose to dump the cop because of her feelings for Jack (and eventually get together) than her being more or less forced into leaving the cop (because of death) and ending up with Jack.
                          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                            I am also confused about Lantash because wasn't Martouf zatted twice? How could a symbiote survive that, aside from all the other (bullet) damage already done to the host body?
                            This is what I don't understand. If zatting a host body twice doesn't kill the symbiote, that kind of changes the rules of the game. If SG-1 zats a Jaffa, does his symbiote die right away? Or perhaps even more important, if a System Lord is killed, would the host body die, but the symbiote (obviously, the *real* System Lord) survive?

I'm not sure if a System Lord was ever killed by zatting in the show, but it does bear thinking about.
                            sigpic
                            The Return of King Arthur
                            Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                            acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                              This is what I don't understand. If zatting a host body twice doesn't kill the symbiote, that kind of changes the rules of the game. If SG-1 zats a Jaffa, does his symbiote die right away? Or perhaps even more important, if a System Lord is killed, would the host body die, but the symbiote (obviously, the *real* System Lord) survive?

I'm not sure if a System Lord was ever killed by zatting in the show, but it does bear thinking about.
                              I don't think we've ever seen a Goa'uld get zatted, probably because they usually have those personal shields...
                              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                                I actually don't mind they killed off Martouf in this episode. It made much more of an impact than, say, Lt Astor's death as we didn't even know her before this episode. Also, Martouf had lived out his usefulness in my opinion and his behavior towards Sam was entering creepy area very fast.

In a way, I'm glad it was Sam who got to shoot him and close the book on the whole Jolinar/Tok'ra-book herself, rather than being faced with possible anguish later on brought on by Jolinar's memories/feelings upon watching someone else shoot Martouf. Also, if it had been Jack it wouldn't only be cliche but it could also cause friction in the team, if Jolinar's emotions were strong enough to confuse Sam and make her blame him for Martouf's death.

To be quite honest though, I think it was very in character for Martouf to ask Sam to deliver the kill shot: he's always been all about me, me, ME (okay, and Lantash) when it comes to Sam, forcing his feelings for 'her'/Jolinar on her and being creepy in general. So, asking her to kill him was very much in line with it, as he wanted it to be a comfort to him that she would be the one who 'saved' him (by killing him and thereby not allowing him to hurt anyone else) but as usual, he didn't think for a minute what such a request would mean to her and how it would affect her to have to kill him. But, Sam being Sam, she soldiered on and fulfilled his last request and thereby she showed once again how truly awesome she is and how she doesn't hesitate to put her own feelings aside for her friends, the Tok'ra/Tau'ri Alliance and the safety of the President and Earth as a whole.

Jack showed subtle jealousy (or general annoyance) towards most guys showing an interest in Sam but hardly ever voiced it in my opinion, other than making sarcastic comments towards/about them which is his usual MO when it comes to dealing with people he dislikes. The only time that stands out to me is with Colson, strangely enough. The other times with (alien) love interests it were usually looks but his comment about some of us knowing him "better than others" and the pointed look towards Sam (and her rather defensive reply) struck me as odd, to say the least. Especially considering Sam is supposed to be engaged to the cop at that point, so why would Jack make Sam's previous (working) relationship with Colson point it out in such a manner?

Perhaps I'm giving this too much thought and I guess he could have just been pissed about Colson's actions and annoyed that no one saw this coming and thus he vents his annoyance and frustration on Sam because she supposedly knows him (and didn't see any sign of this), but the way it was written/acted makes me think jealousy every time I see it. And, let's face it, Colson would probably be the biggest threat to Jack if Sam were to date the guy considering their shared interest in science, (relatively) similar intelligence, his independence, success and finances and his hot accent - he's kind of like Faxon without the backstabbing politician streak that made him agree to sterilizing even a portion of the population without telling anyone (and only getting upset about the whole thing when it's affecting him and his wife).

Anyway, back to D&C: I absolutely adore Jack's behavior throughout this episode. I can't remember ever seeing him as intense (and probably close to breaking down) as when he's banging on that force field or when he's confessing his feelings for Sam. I'm glad they didn't show Sam's confession, because aside of it probably being a repeat of Jack's (carefully phrased) words it would also be so cliche: a successful, intelligent career woman who falls for her boss - even worse, they're both military and it's a court-martiable offense. I like that it's the strong, silent leading man (who never speaks about feelings) admitting to falling for his subordinate, instead of the other way around and it not involving them having had sex (as is common in these scenarios in TV shows/movies) but actually being about love and not having even mentioned it at the threat of death and brain autopsy out of respect for her.

*shippy sigh*

ETA:
                                Apparently unlike a lot of S/J shippers, I'm glad they didn't off the cop and I truly hate fics where Sam gets married anyway and then he gets killed in the line of duty and she gets together with Jack, because it implies that Jack is second choice even if Sam was already conflicted about the whole thing. I'd much rather she would choose to dump the cop because of her feelings for Jack (and eventually get together) than her being more or less forced into leaving the cop (because of death) and ending up with Jack.
                                I forgot about Colson! Yeah, Jack was *incredibly* jealous of their professional relationship, I remember thinking "wth?! Does Jack know something we don't?" I was expecting Sam to say that they did the naked pretzel on the briefing room table or something!! Of all the guys who rivalled Jack, Colson was the most baffling to be jealous of. Then again, older guy, scientist, sort-of charming (though I'm not buying it, he's British, so what?)

Personally I don't think he holds a candle to Jack for charisma and attractiveness but that's probably just me. I'm English so the appeal of his accent is kinda lost on me, it's a mediocre at best. "Sexy" English to me is Tom "Loki" Hiddleston or Daniel Craig lol!
                                Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Working...
                                X