No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I'll admit, I couldn't even make myself rewatch this episode.

Isn't the relationship between Teal'c and Shan'uac supposedly a first love kind of thing? She has to go off to the temple and he has to go off and be a big bad for Apophis, yada, yada, yada...unrequited love? But as fems pointed out, what about his wife???

Oh, the genetic memory thing. We do know that only some "female" Goa'uld are queens. And we also know that the queen can choose what she passes on (think Egeria, or the queen Anubis uses to create the super soldiers). My theory would be that the queens must be from the same line which is why their offspring receive all of the memory. But this might just be one of those things we are expected to accept because TPTB say so

I also think that Tanith makes a great bad guy. They should have used him more.
    sigpic

----------
    FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Hey, Scully. Getting ready for your big review?
      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by IamDKScully View Post

Isn't the relationship between Teal'c and Shan'uac supposedly a first love kind of thing? She has to go off to the temple and he has to go off and be a big bad for Apophis, yada, yada, yada...unrequited love? But as fems pointed out, what about his wife???

Oh, the genetic memory thing. We do know that only some "female" Goa'uld are queens. And we also know that the queen can choose what she passes on (think Egeria, or the queen Anubis uses to create the super soldiers). My theory would be that the queens must be from the same line which is why their offspring receive all of the memory. But this might just be one of those things we are expected to accept because TPTB say so

I think there was an interview with the director where he said that Teal'c was divorced by then (do the Jaffa divorce?) so that relationship is legitimate. Otherwise, he'd look too much like a slut (his words).
        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
          Hey, Scully. Getting ready for your big review?
          No pressure...
          sigpic

----------
          FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

No pressure...
            I was just asking....

I'm starting another S/J story!
            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

I know the Queens can pass on the genetic memory (or not, whatever they choose) but if it's only the Queens then it makes no sense at all since they would only have their own memory and the knowledge from the line from which they came to pass on. Therefore it's highly unlikely that one of Apophis' young can know what happened to one of Cronus' symbiotes from a century ago (let alone be able to experience/view it from anywhere else than the pouch, but I guess that's a creative license for the show since they do the same with other 'memories').

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
              I think there was an interview with the director where he said that Teal'c was divorced by then (do the Jaffa divorce?) so that relationship is legitimate. Otherwise, he'd look too much like a slut (his words).
              Technically, yes, since she remarried Fro'tak. However, in that episode (Family) Teal'c and Drey'auc reconcile which is what makes Fro'tak betray SG-1 (or attempt to, anyway). I just checked the transcript for Redemption and it truly seems to imply Teal'c and Drey'auc are still in a long-long-distance relationship/marriage:

BRA'TAC
              I'm sorry I did not come sooner, Teal'c. Drey'auc is gravely ill.
              [...]
              JONAS
              I didn't know he had a wife.
              CARTER
              Yeah, and a son, Rya'c. They were banished from their home on Chulak when Teal'c defected. At one point Apophis actually brainwashed Rya'c and tried to use him against us. Bra'tac's been looking out for them ever since.
              JONAS
              So why didn't Teal'c just bring 'em here?
              [The elevator doors open, Carter and Jonas exit and begin walking down a corridor.]
              CARTER
              Well, Drey'auc wanted to stay with her own people if possible and Teal'c was away on missions most of the time anyway. He tries to get home as often as he can, but it's not easy for him.

On another note, I saw this when skimming the transcript and thought it rather ironic considering the many times Teal'c lets his emotions/Jaffa revenge cloud his judgment:

BRA'TAC
              You should be glad he does not, for if he did, he would snap you in half. You have become skilled, Rya'c, but a true Jaffa warrior does not let grief cloud his judgement.
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

It was clearly stated in [I]Family[/] that whenTeal'c didn't return to Chulka after the incidents of "Bloodlines, Drey'auc had their marriage "removed". She then married Fro'tac (because he could provide a home for herself and Ry'ac). There was clearly love and affection still between Teal'c and Drey'auc, but there was never anything stated about them remarrying any time before Drey'auc died. So even though they still cared about each other, there was nothing stopping Teal'c from getting involved with whomever he wanted.

While Teal'c and Drey'auc did more or less reconcile and probably forgive each other for what each considered betrayal, there was never anything to indicate that they came back together as as a couple, or as anything more than two parents devoted to their child, but who were living separate lives.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  It was clearly stated in Family that when Teal'c didn't return to Chulak after the incidents of "Bloodlines, Drey'auc had their marriage "removed". She then married Fro'tac (because he could provide a home for herself and Ry'ac). There was clearly love and affection still between Teal'c and Drey'auc, but there was never anything stated about them remarrying any time before Drey'auc died. So even though they still cared about each other, there was nothing stopping Teal'c from getting involved with whomever he wanted.

While Teal'c and Drey'auc did more or less reconcile and probably forgive each other for what each considered betrayal, there was never anything to indicate that they came back together as as a couple, or as anything more than two parents devoted to their child, but who were living separate lives.
                  Okay.

I think what bothers me is just that he makes such a big deal out of the whole situation with Drey'auc that it's hard to believe that all of the sudden he's soooo in love with Shan'auc who we've never heard of before.
                  sigpic

----------
                  FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Okay.

I think what bothers me is just that he makes such a big deal out of the whole situation with Drey'auc that it's hard to believe that all of the sudden he's soooo in love with Shan'auc who we've never heard of before.
                    My impression (from the tiny grainy clues we were given) is that Teal'c and Shau'nac knew each other as children and probably fell in love with each other. Then Shau'nac got chosen to be a temple priestess and had to leave Teal'c behind, but he never stopped loving her. He moved on and fell in love with Drey'auc, married, had Ry'ac, etc. My guess is the writers/producers didn't even come up with the concept of Shau'nac until that episode was written, which is why we never heard of her prior to her showing up.

Comment

Banner by Regularamanda

Divide and Conquer
                      Original Air Date : July 28, 2000
                      Directed by Martin Wood
                      Written by Tor Alexander Valenza

Summary

While attending a meeting on Vorash, SG-1 is trying to coordinate a summit meeting between High Councilor Per’sus and the President of the United States. During the meeting, Major Graham attempts to assassinate Per’sus with the use of some kind of Goa’uld technology but turns the weapon on himself when unsuccessful. After the assassination attempt, Freya informs Sg-1 that the Graham was a Zatarc, a victim of Goa’uld mind control technology. Freya describes the way the technology uses the subconscious and false memories to hide the programming. Martouf and Freya get into an argument about the accuracy of their own technology in detecting those under the influence of the Zatarc technology. It is decided that the Tok’ra will travel to the SGC and test all SGC teams.

Lt. Astor of SG-15 is called in to recount the events of her teams last mission. SG-1 along with Martouf look on from the observation room as Freya questions the Lieutenant. Martouf explains how the machine is able to detect false memories using a modified version of the Tok’ra memory recall device. As the team watches, they see the display change as Astor tells how her team was able to escape an attack by Jaffa.

Freya tells General Hammond that Astor is a Zatarc and that the Tok’ra have a way of trying to counteract the mind control programming but that it is “experimental at best.” Without any other real choices, it is decided to give the Lieutenant the option to try the deprogramming. She complies but as the treatment begins, she screams for them to stop, pulls off her restraints and shoots 2 SFs before turning the gun on herself.

Freya apologies to Hammond and O’Neill but it is decided that the tests will continue and it’s time for SG-1 to be tested. All four members of the team recount the events of their mission to PX9-797, but as Freya questions Carter and O’Neill, and they describe what happened when their armbands stopped working, the machine detects that there is something that they are not telling everyone and it is determined that they are Zatarcs.

Carter and O’Neill are isolated and briefly address their fear that this is somehow not a mistake. During their confinement, Freya visits O’Neill in his room to thank him for saving her life. She takes him by surprise when she kisses him. He lets her down gently.

As everyone tries to figure out how to save Sam and Jack, Freya tells the General that she believes that confining them may not be a safe option because at least 1 Zatarc became self-destructive when they could not complete their programming.

Martouf explains the options to Sam revealing in the process that he has grown quite found of her. He tries to encourage her to try the treatment despite his earlier lack of faith but she does not agree. Meanwhile, Daniel gives Jack the same options.

It’s decided that they will be sedated and restrained until a safe treatment can be found. When Janet arrives to sedate him, Jack decides that he would rather try the treatment so that if it fails, Freya might use what they learn to save Carter. Sam is upset when Janet and Daniel tell her that Jack is going through with the treatment and tries to run after him but she is blocked by SFs and can only watch him walk down the hall.

The summit is about to start and we see Jack getting ready to start the treatment and Janet sedating Sam. As the drugs start to affect Sam, her memories seem to resurface and she tells Janet that the machine is wrong because she and Jack were lying. Janet runs to the observation room to tell Freya to stop.

Janet brings Sam to talk to Jack and she asks for a moment alone. She tells Jack that they lied to the machine unknowingly by omitting their feelings at the time they described being trapped by the forceshield. As Jack is retested, we see his flashback to that moment and the emotion of the scene. He admits that he couldn’t’ t leave Sam because he cares about her a lot more than he’s supposed to. Sam is also retested and neither are Zatarcs. They agree to leave everything that has been revealed in the room.

Everyone has been tested, including the Tok’ra. Everyone except for Martouf. Daniel tries to distract him in the gateroom, but his programming is triggered when the man posing as the President enters the room. Martouf tries to shoot the President and the High Councilor but is shot by several SFs and zatted by Teal’c. Sam runs into the room telling everyone to hold their fire as Martouf makes a move to trigger the hand device and kill himself. He begs as he calls to Samantha and she zats him again knowing that it will kill him.

Freya promises that his death will be a noble sacrifice.

Favorite Scenes

Where to begin?

I actually enjoyed the argument in the beginning between Freya and Martouf and thought that it created an interesting dynamic between them. We really don't see a lot of Tok'ra interacting with themselves. Usually its Jacob coming alone to the SGC or when SG-1 travels to wherever the Tok'ra are, we usually see the team interacting with one or two Tok'ra.

I like the Zatarc testing. Not only the use of the flashbacks and the additional scenes that were not a part of Upgrades but the way they edited the scenes. I especially liked the way they cut together the four different narrations from SG-1 to reveal at the end that Jack and Sam were not telling the truth.

The scene with Freya and Jack makes me laugh every time, as well as the scene with Jack and Daniel. I love when Jack gets his yo-yo tangled up and you can tell he isn’t quite listening to Daniel. I like the way humor is used to lighten up a rather dark situation.

And of course, I love Sam’s discovery and the retesting scene. Could two people have more chemistry?

Favorite Lines

“My name is Jack, it means…What’s in the box?”

Jack: Hey, I’ve done the drugged-out strapped to the bed thing.
                      Daniel: What if what happened to Astor happens to you?
                      Jack: Maybe it’ll help Carter. Her brain’s worth a lot more than mine.

Sam: We're not Zatarcs.
                      Jack: How do you know?
                      Sam: The machine thinks we have false memories, but we don't. We were lying.
                      Jack: I wasn't lying.
                      Sam: Okay. You left something out.
                      Jack: No, I didn't.
                      Sam: Sir, when you wouldn't leave me, are you sure there wasn't something else that you're not admitting?
                      Jack: What are you talking about?
                      Sam: Something neither one of us can admit given our working relationship, our military ranks?
                      Jack: Oh! Oh. That.

Freya: You couldn’t save her?
                      Jack: No.
                      Freya: But you could’ve saved yourself.
                      Jack: I guess.

And of course…

Jack: I didn’t leave because I’d rather died myself than lose Carter.
                      Freya: Why?
                      Jack: Because I care about her…a lot more than I’m supposed to.

General Analysis

I really enjoy this episode for a lot of reasons. Once again, the SGC finds itself having to rely on the Tok’ra to help them figure out what is going on despite the fact that the Tok’ra have never been very forthcoming. Not only that, they are expected to trust Freya/Anise whom they’ve already dealt with in the past much to their own detriment. Interestingly enough, unlike in Upgrades we do not actually hear from Anise in this episode, Freya does all the talking. Probably because she can keep people more at ease and is less abrasive than her symbiote showed herself to be in that episode.

I thought that the introduction of the Zatarc was great. However, after everything the characters went through in this episode, I can’t believe that the subject was never brought up again. If it really was that easy for the Goa’uld to create the Zatarcs, you would think that the SGC would have run into the problem more often. Although Martouf’s sacrifice is briefly mentioned later on in Season 5 in Summit and Last Stand, the idea that these mind control victims could still be out there never came to light again. I think they missed the mark on that.

Another great aspect of this episode is the way that it flashes back to the events we thought we saw during Upgrades only to show us that what we thought we knew was [i]not[/] what was happening during that episode. I remember after seeing Divide and Conquer for the first time that the first thing I did was go back and watch Upgrades thinking that I had missed something the first time around. I loved the way this was set up in this way to show us that we couldn’t trust or own perceptions just as the characters couldn’t trust theirs.

My biggest gripe…Sam killed Martouf! That was so unfair to her. And, again, it’s something that is not addressed at all until the next season.

Jack & Sam

Well, as shippers, we’ve watched every episode up to this point trying to find those moments where we knew there was something more to this relationship. And, even going so far back as Season 1, I believe those moments are there. But, here in Season 4, TPTB finally let the characters admit that there are mutual feelings that they shouldn’t be feeling.

Unlike the abridged version of the forceshield scene that we are shown in Upgrades, here in Divide and Conquer we are given a longer, more emotional portrayal of what truly happened between our favorite characters during that scene.

It is rare that two actors have such chemistry that they can speak so loudly with just a look. Imagine this scene between any other combination of 2 members of this team. As much as they all care about each other, Jack and Sam have a level of emotion that cannot be compared to any other relationship within the team. We all know that no one gets left behind, but would Jack have been so stricken if it were Teal’c or Daniel behind that forceshield? Or would Sam if it weren’t Jack? We’ve seen them all in life or death situations and we’ve seen them all react to their teammates in peril, there is no question that Jack and Sam’s reactions here are different.

This truly is a turning point in their relationship. Despite agreeing that "none of this has to leave this room," we know that nothing is ever that simple and now Sam and Jack have to work with one another with the knowledge that the other person reciprocates their "inappropriate" feelings.

As an episode I’d give it 4/5
                      For shippyness I gotta go with a 5 because of the reveal!
                      Last edited by IamDKScully; 13 September 2013, 04:11 PM.
                      sigpic

----------
                      FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af243/hlndncr/Shipper%20Rewatch%20Banners/divide-and-conquerRegularamanda.jpg

Divide and Conquer
                        Directed by Martin Wood

Summary

While attending a meeting on Vorash, SG-1 is trying to coordinate a summit meeting between High Councilor Per’sus and the President of the United States. During the meeting, Major Graham attempts to assassinate Per’sus with the use of some kind of Goa’uld technology but turns the weapon on himself when unsuccessful. After the assassination attempt, Freya informs Sg-1 that the Graham was a Zatarc, a victim of Goa’uld mind control technology. Freya describes the way the technology uses the subconscious and false memories to hide the programming. Martouf and Freya get into an argument about the accuracy of their own technology in detecting those under the influence of the Zatarc technology. It is decided that the Tok’ra will travel to the SGC and test all SGC teams.

Lt. Astor of SG-15 is called in to recount the events of her teams last mission. SG-1 along with Martouf look on from the observation room as Freya questions the Lieutenant. Martouf explains how the machine is able to detect false memories using a modified version of the Tok’ra memory recall device. As the team watches, they see the display change as Astor tells how her team was able to escape an attack by Jaffa.

Freya tells General Hammond that Astor is a Zatarc and that the Tok’ra have a way of trying to counteract the mind control programming but that it is “experimental at best.” Without any other real choices, it is decided to give the Lieutenant the option to try the deprogramming. She complies but as the treatment begins, she screams for them to stop, pulls off her restraints and shoots 2 SFs before turning the gun on herself.

Freya apologies to Hammond and O’Neill but it is decided that the tests will continue and it’s time for SG-1 to be tested. All four members of the team recount the events of their mission to PX9-797, but as Freya questions Carter and O’Neill, and they describe what happened when their armbands stopped working, the machine detects that there is something that they are not telling everyone and it is determined that they are Zatarcs.

Carter and O’Neill are isolated and briefly address their fear that this is somehow not a mistake. During their confinement, Freya visits O’Neill in his room to thank him for saving her life. She takes him by surprise when she kisses him. He lets her down gently.

As everyone tries to figure out how to save Sam and Jack, Freya tells the General that she believes that confining them may not be a safe option because at least 1 Zatarc became self-destructive when they could not complete their programming.

Martouf explains the options to Sam revealing in the process that he has grown quite found of her. He tries to encourage her to try the treatment despite his earlier lack of faith but she does not agree. Meanwhile, Daniel gives Jack the same options.

It’s decided that they will be sedated and restrained until a safe treatment can be found. When Janet arrives to sedate him, Jack decides that he would rather try the treatment so that if it fails, Freya might use what they learn to save Carter. Sam is upset when Janet and Daniel tell her that Jack is going through with the treatment and tries to run after him but she is blocked by SFs and can only watch him walk down the hall.

The summit is about to start and we see Jack getting ready to start the treatment and Janet sedating Sam. As the drugs start to affect Sam, her memories seem to resurface and she tells Janet that the machine is wrong because she and Jack were lying. Janet runs to the observation room to tell Freya to stop.

Janet brings Sam to talk to Jack and she asks for a moment alone. She tells Jack that they lied to the machine unknowingly by omitting their feelings at the time they described being trapped by the forceshield. As Jack is retested, we see his flashback to that moment and the emotion of the scene. He admits that he couldn’t’ t leave Sam because he cares about her a lot more than he’s supposed to. Sam is also retested and neither are Zatarcs. They agree to leave everything that has been revealed in the room.

Everyone has been tested, including the Tok’ra. Everyone except for Martouf. Daniel tries to distract him in the gateroom, but his programming is triggered when the man posing as the President enters the room. Martouf tries to shoot the President and the High Councilor but is shot by several SFs and zatted by Teal’c. Sam runs into the room telling everyone to hold their fire as Martouf makes a move to trigger the hand device and kill himself. He begs as he calls to Samantha and she zats him again knowing that it will kill him.

Favorite Scenes

Where to begin?

I actually enjoyed the argument in the beginning between Freya and Martouf and thought that it created an interesting dynamic between them. We really don't see a lot of Tok'ra interacting with themselves. Usually its Jacob coming alone to the SGC or when SG-1 travels to wherever the Tok'ra are, we usually see the team interacting with one or two Tok'ra.

I like the Zatarc testing. Not only the use of the flashbacks and the additional scenes that were not a part of Upgrades but the way they edited the scenes. I especially liked the way they cut together the four different narrations from SG-1 to reveal at the end that Jack and Sam were not telling the truth.

The scene with Freya and Jack makes me laugh every time, as well as the scene with Jack and Daniel. I love when Jack gets his yo-yo tangled up and you can tell he isn’t quite listening to Daniel. I like the way humor is used to lighten up a rather dark situation.

And of course, I love Sam’s discovery and the retesting scene. Could two people have more chemistry?

Favorite Lines

Sam: Sir, when you wouldn't leave me, are you sure there wasn't something else that you're not admitting?
                        Sam: Something neither one of us can admit given our working relationship, our military ranks?

And of course…

General Analysis

I really enjoy this episode for a lot of reasons. Once again, the SGC finds itself having to rely on the Tok’ra to help them figure out what is going on despite the fact that the Tok’ra have never been very forthcoming. Not only that, they are expected to trust Freya/Anise whom they’ve already dealt with in the past much to their own detriment. Interestingly enough, unlike in Upgrades we do not actually hear from Anise in this episode, Freya does all the talking. Probably because she can keep people more at ease and is less abrasive than her symbiote showed herself to be in that episode.

I thought that the introduction of the Zatarc was great. However, after everything the characters went through in this episode, I can’t believe that the subject was never brought up again. If it really was that easy for the Goa’uld to create the Zatarcs, you would think that the SGC would have run into the problem more often. Although Martouf’s sacrifice is briefly mentioned later on in Season 5 in Summit and Last Stand, the idea that these mind control victims could still be out there never came to light again. I think they missed the mark on that.

Another great aspect of this episode is the way that it flashes back to the events we thought we saw during Upgrades only to show us that what we thought we knew was [i]not[/] what was happening during that episode. I remember after seeing Divide and Conquer for the first time that the first thing I did was go back and watch Upgrades thinking that I had missed something the first time around. I loved the way this was set up in this way to show us that we couldn’t trust or own perceptions just as the characters couldn’t trust theirs.

My biggest gripe…Sam killed Martouf! That was so unfair to her. And, again, it’s something that is not addressed at all until the next season.

Jack & Sam

Well, as shippers, we’ve watched every episode up to this point trying to find those moments where we knew there was something more to this relationship. And, even going so far back as Season 1, I believe those moments are there. But, here in Season 4, TPTB finally let the characters admit that there are mutual feelings that they shouldn’t be feeling.

Unlike the abridged version of the forceshield scene that we are shown in Upgrades, here in Divide and Conquer we are given a longer, more emotional portrayal of what truly happened between our favorite characters during that scene.

It is rare that two actors have such chemistry that they can speak so loudly with just a look. Imagine this scene between any other combination of 2 members of this team. As much as they all care about each other, Jack and Sam have a level of emotion that cannot be compared to any other relationship within the team. We all know that no one gets left behind, but would Jack have been so stricken if it were Teal’c or Daniel behind that forceshield? Or would Sam if it weren’t Jack? We’ve seen them all in life or death situations and we’ve seen them all react to their teammates in peril, there is no question that Jack and Sam’s reactions here are different.

This truly is a turning point in their relationship. Despite agreeing that "none of this has to leave this room," we know that nothing is ever that simple and now Sam and Jack have to work with one another with the knowledge that the other person reciprocates their "inappropriate" feelings.

Well done review. This is my favorite episode in season 4. And as for the bolded line... It's a gripe of mine as well. At least they didn't go with the cliche of Jack killing him!

Comment

Divide and Conquer
                          Directed by Martin Wood

Spoiler:
                          Summary
                          Spoiler:

Favorite Scenes

Where to begin?

Favorite Lines

And of course…

General Analysis

Jack & Sam

Excellent review. I can't think of anything clever to say, though in regard to Sam shooting Martouf, he basically begged her to be the one to stop him. Any way you look at it, that was unfair to her, but she still did it. She didn't have to, but she did.

And though it was very brief, the zatarc incident (spec. between Jack and Sam) is referred to vaguely in Season 6, Allegiance, when the zatarc machine is used again, and it is pointed out to all concerned that it doesn't always give an accurate reading - and the camera then switches to Jack and Sam, who both look slightly uncomfortable.

Comment

Great review, IamDKScully, especially for an episode that's such a foundational block of the S/J shipping brigade.

My own small, random thoughts of Divide and Conquer:

The Martouf-Sam storyline was written out in the cruellest way possible when she had to shoot him. But personally, at that moment, he was an unwanted distraction in the tense, unfolding storyline between Sam and Jack.

I wondered why we were shown Jack's confession but not Sam's; is it because the audience already had a hint of what she feels in episodes like A Hundred Days, or There but for the grace, or was the purpose to show that Jack's own emotions had become a lot more deeper than we suspected? As for the conversation that takes place between Sam and Jack just as he is tested, there's just so much to mull over and savour. I love how they talk between the lines, then there's something Sam says that struck me hard.

Carter: Something neither one of us can admit given our working relationship, our military ranks?
                            O'Neill: Oh! Oh. That.

That Jack acknowledges that cryptic question makes me believe (again, a personal opinion) that they must have spoken about their attraction to each other somehow, sometime. And that there's a lot more behind the scenes behind this question that we aren't privy to, and that makes my shipper mind work overtime.

There was a whole surrealistic feel to this episode actually, with the flashbacks and the almost repetitive narrative that we get from Upgrades and we, the audience are taken through the whole confounding process of sorting out what really happened in Upgrades.

My favourite scene has to be that backward glance Jack gives Sam as he is taken down the corridor to be tested. The anxiety on her face shows that she knows just what he's facing and that moment of understanding pretty much froze time for me. There's so much in that look - dread, anticipation, resignation, sacrifice - that I think words wouldn't have done justice to it.
                            Last edited by Ikorni; 13 September 2013, 05:05 PM.
                            Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Well done Ikorni! Glad that Scully and I aren't the only ones who thought that it sucked!

What do you do with the competition? You kill them off! Thankfully, they did not go with the cliche of Jack being the one who did the actual killing!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                                Well done Ikorni! Glad that Scully and I aren't the only ones who thought that it sucked!

What do you do with the competition? You kill them off! Thankfully, they did not go with the cliche of Jack being the one who did the actual killing!
                                Not always... I wished they offed potato-head!

Comment

Working...
                                X