Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    i remember whenever i went out to a resturant, i was like "steak, rare, with a bake potato"
    With a diet coke!
    sigpic
    sig by Jper

"It's just a little airborne... It's still good, it's still good!"

Comment

Originally posted by Starship Trooper View Post
      With a diet coke!
      oh you betcha!

Comment

Originally posted by Starship Trooper View Post
        I like debating about why the armbands fell off at different times. Some people insist that because Jack had his first, he should have lost his first, but my theory is that since it's meant to be like a virus, it would depend on how efficient your immune system is. Younger people tend to have stronger immune systems.
        If that's the case, how does it explain the fact that Daniel's fell off first?

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          must been all that speed reading he did.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
            Oh, god, no!! Eww!

I suspect that was RDA's doing. I mean, how can Jack start bumping uglies with Tok'Ra Spice in the same episode he pretty much admits he's in love with Sam?! That's just wrong on so many levels! Also, it kinda makes him a bit of a man-wh*re
            Tok'ra Spice? nice one. *giggles*

Also, I do like the twist of the snake liking Daniel. That's...different.

Originally posted by IamDKScully View Post
            Things I liked about Upgrades...
            General, sir…about the obviously impending court martials, sir…
            You were all under the influence of an alien technology, Colonel. That's a pretty solid defense.
            Even so…I'm sorry.
            Me too.
            Me three.
            I have no need to apologize.
            I LOVE that scene. Hammond ends it with "Teal'c was actually following orders" with such an interesting tone of voice. Wry, I think, but also resigned.

I would like to point out that at this point of the season, we don't actually know how long Jack had been trying to get Sam out - remember, it's only in D&C that we see the full version of the 'NO!' 'Sir! just go!' exchange (in Upgrades we just see him hitting the control panel). Here it's brief and not that shippy because it cuts directly to the shield coming down because stuff is exploding.

The first time I saw this and then D&C, I kept on flipping the DVDs back and forth because I thought I had missed something the first time around!!!

As for Daniel's falling off first - I concur that it must depend on the individual's ability to fight off the virus. Perhaps Danny's allergies or allergy medication was somehow responsible for the band falling off first?

Comment

This (or D & C) was actually the first ep of SG-1 I ever saw. It's no wonder that I became a shipper!

Comment

Because Daniel was the next one to get the armband and there's only a 2-3 year age gap between him and Sam, but a much bigger age gap between them and Jack.

Good point about the allergy medication picardythirds! I didn't think of that.
                sigpic
                sig by Jper

"It's just a little airborne... It's still good, it's still good!"

Comment

It was watching Upgrades and D & C back-to-back that turned me into a diehard shipper.
                  No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                  It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Because Jack has more stamina!
                    sigpic
                    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                      Because Jack has more stamina!
                      That can be taken so many ways!
                      Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Yes. But it was nixed for some reason. Perhaps the actors didn't want it. Or perhaps the fans threw a tantrum and TPTB actually paid attention?
                        I think the idea was nixed by RDA himself, remember he was an EP and had a lot of clout

Comment

The stronger immune system would make antibodies faster. Hence, Daniel's armband falls off first because his body fought the virus faster. Yes? I think that's what that means...
                          sigpic

----------
                          FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

I've come up with another nickname for Freya and Anise: Tok'ra Barbie.
                            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                              That can be taken so many ways!
                              ... Why do u think Neanderthal Sam threw herself at him?
                              Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                                I've come up with another nickname for Freya and Anise: Tok'ra Barbie.
                                Like it!
                                Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Working...
                                X