Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
    That actually always made me wonder about the attitude the Asgard had towards Teal'c. They clearly trusted him enough (or at least trusted him by default because he's part of SG-1 and allied with Jack) though not enough to afford him the same amount of accolade that they did for the rest of the team. While I don't think the lack of Asgard 'recognition' so to speak translates solely as the form of new technology being named after their saviours, the lack of a ship named after Teal'c when everyone has their own 'ship' seems to be a pretty glaring omission - but of what, I can't really say.
    Sam doesn't have her own ship though. Just Jack and Daniel.

Sam and Jack seemed to have more of a personal relationship with Thor than Daniel or Teal'c.

Comment

I blame it on the writers and producers and the fact that Jack and Daniel were the only ones in the original movie. And by the time they got around to naming anything, they seemed to forget there were two other original characters that were more entitled to have something named after them than Daniel did.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        I blame it on the writers and producers and the fact that Jack and Daniel were the only ones in the original movie. And by the time they got around to naming anything, they seemed to forget there were two other original characters that were more entitled to have something named after them than Daniel did.
        I really do think it was the writers being funny naming the ship The Daniel Jackson, and I do get a chuckle out of it. But they should have considered what Sam did for the Asgard.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
          I really do think it was the writers being funny naming the ship The Daniel Jackson, and I do get a chuckle out of it. But they should have considered what Sam did for the Asgard.
          Yeah, see, I don't see it as funny. Even just now, after you've already explained the connection with Michael Shanks, yada yada, I looked at this last post and was like... there's a joke in there? How is it funny? So I guess it's lost on me. *shrugs*

Comment

didn't they name the new Thor's Hammer on Cimmeria after Teal'c?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              didn't they name the new Thor's Hammer on Cimmeria after Teal'c?
              No. They were just told that the hammer would be programmed to recognize Teal'c as a friend and that it wouldn't harm him.

Comment

can you imagine? Teal'c's (that's a lot of apostrophes...) Hammer.

Or the more grandiose....The Hammer of Teal'c.

Comment

Ikorni: Great video, I hadn't seen that before.

hlndncr : Great fan fic, do you have more stories somewhere? Fanfiction.net?
                  sigpic
                  Thank you Britta for this lovely picture.

Comment

Didn't Michael Shanks once think that his character was underused? Maybe that was writers' way to fix it
                    sigpic
                    Thank you Britta for this lovely picture.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikaMariia View Post
                      Didn't Michael Shanks once think that his character was underused? Maybe that was writers' way to fix it
                      my thought too.

Comment

But don't you think it would have sounded so much better if, when Jack woke up on the Asgard ship, Thor said, "You are on Samantha Carter".

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                          But don't you think it would have sounded so much better if, when Jack woke up on the Asgard ship, Thor said, "You are on Samantha Carter".
                          sigpic
                          My vids Sig made by me

Comment

And him being a little groggy saying "I wish"

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post

Brilliant.
                                sigpic
                                sig by Jper

"It's just a little airborne... It's still good, it's still good!"

Comment

Working...
                                X