X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sig by Jumble

Forever in a Day

Summary
    SG-1 is called to rescue the Abydonians, who have been captured by Amonet. Kasuf tells Daniel that Amonet has stolen Sha’re’s son, who had been hidden among the villagers since his birth. When Daniel goes to confront/rescue his wife, Amonet tortures him with the hand device. Teal’c rescues him from her clutches, but Sha’re is killed in the process. When Daniel wakes up after returning to the SGC, he is unbelieving of the truth.

The next day, Daniel wakes up and finds Sha’re—herself once more—alive and well with him in the infirmary. He seems to know it is a dream, but Sha’re continues to appear to him. Is she alive? Or is he hallucinating?

Favorite Lines
    I love the story Daniel tells about Sha’re and her first experience with his ballpoint pen. She thought it was magic, and I thought it was

Favorite Scene
    When Sam fires the AT-4 in the opening battle scene. Total bad@$$.

General
    This is another Daniel-centric episode, the plot of which is made possible by Daniel’s terrible decision-making skills. He moves away from the group towards a known threat the instant he sees Sha’re/Amonet, armed only with a handgun, even though Sha’re is protected by fully armed and armored Jaffa. But hey, it’s Daniel right?

Anyway, this episode is interesting in that it takes place in the few minutes Amonet is torturing him with the hand device. The whole arduous process is Sha’re’s effort to speak to Daniel one last time, through the mental connection afforded by the hand device. She urges him to forgive Teal’c for killing her, and to find her son, whom she has hidden on Keb.

Sam and Jack
    Again, since this is a Daniel-centric episode, not much ship to be found. However, I managed to spy a scene that featured Sam and Jack in civvies—and they’re both wearing leather jackets. I imagine them arriving at Daniel’s apartment separately but concurrently, eyeing each other and going “Nice jacket.” You know, in that very solemn, military kind of way, like they’re saying “S’up?”

Overall
    This episode is okay. It’s not one I return to often, because of the Daniel-centric episodes out there, it’s pretty slow and plodding, and the plot is one you see once and it loses its intrigue. It’s heartbreaking to see the final scene, where Daniel lies sprawled next to Sha’re’s corpse, and even in his agony he seems so incredibly reverent of her. It’s hard to believe they were only together for a year.

In those rare moments where I’m feeling particularly feisty, and self-punishing, I imagine this episode with roles of Daniel and Sha’re cast to Sam and Jack—and I proceed to cry. I don’t do it often, but it ramps up the intensity for me, and is more engaging than the pouty-Daniel version. Oops… did I say “pouty-Daniel” aloud?

Comment

Selene, the next episode is mine, and it's yet another Daniel-centric one! *groans*
      Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

i always liked when jack gets on the malp and starts to fire the .50 cal. that was also frickin cool.

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
          Favorite Scene
          When Sam fires the AT-4 in the opening battle scene. Total bad@$$.
          Love this too! YIHAAAA!
          sigpic
          Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

so the only thing i found confusing with this episode is that everything from after the opening credits to pretty much near the end when jack and sam enter the tent is just what a dream basically?

Comment

It seems that I'm not the only sufferer of drawing a bad episode!
              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Thanks for the review, selene To be honest, I never liked this episode much due to the slow pace and it being Daniel-centered

Comment

Yeah, this has never been a favorite of mine, either. In fact, I'm not sure when the last time was when I watched it. I'm pretty sure I didn't watch it when I was doing my massive rewatch.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    the one plus side to pete, and the way he was written/acted... there are NO sam/pete shippers!!
                    I'm a Sam/Pete shipper.

*runs and hides*
                    The password is fishing...

Comment

In completely unrelated news I recently suffered a massive blow to the head.
                      The password is fishing...

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Sam View Post
                        In completely unrelated news I recently suffered a massive blow to the head.
                        Are you sure the news is unrelated? lol

Comment

I fear that J4S's account has been hacked

Even though I don't like the episode much, I do enjoy it when Sam gets a chance to blow stuff up - thanks selene for reminding and inspiring me

clickable thumbnails:

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Sam View Post
                            I'm a Sam/Pete shipper.

*runs and hides*
                            Maybe you've found the wrong thread then?
                            Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                              Maybe you've found the wrong thread then?

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                                I fear that J4S's account has been hacked

Even though I don't like the episode much, I do enjoy it when Sam gets a chance to blow stuff up - thanks selene for reminding and inspiring me

Cool gifs! Sam looks awesome and we also get a glimpse of Jack's delectable six.
                                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X