Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fems View Post
    The only good things coming out of that whole thing is the angst (I love angst, but it would have been angstier if her boyfriend had been more like Joe Faxon) and the fabulous Grace kiss.
    Agreed, I can appreciate a good angsty story but it has to be worth the angst! Some half-@$$ed excuse for competition doesn't cut it at all. You should spend the ep thinking "I hate that guy, he's too damned good" not "what is she doing?!"
    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
      It seemed to me that his thought process went something like "Oh, she wants a bf, does she? Well, I'll give her a bf - a stalking, manipulative SOB who has the fans throwing stuff at the TV!"

It annoys me that Jack got Kerry (smart, gorgeous and intelligent) and Sam got . Puhleeease! Like someone as good-looking and independent as Sam would go out with someone like Pete.
      it also doesn't help when the writer/show runner makes fun of the fans for noticing pete's bad behavior (cooper laughed at us), and the lead actress thinks it's a-ok to treat her character like a doormat (as long as it's not the male lead character doing it i guess... )
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Agreed, I can appreciate a good angsty story but it has to be worth the angst! Some half-@$$ed excuse for competition doesn't cut it at all. You should spend the ep thinking "I hate that guy, he's too damned good" not "what is she doing?!"
        i agree in theory, but... i have this fear that if they'd *really* brought in a good and hot guy for sam, we might have had *that* ship take over from s/j!

(just think of the writing we got for this boyfriend storyline, and imagine if they'd really worked on bringing in a well written guy/storyline... they would have shafted us big time!! worse than any of our imaginations could come up with! )
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          it also doesn't help when the writer/show runner makes fun of the fans for noticing pete's bad behavior (cooper laughed at us), and the lead actress thinks it's a-ok to treat her character like a doormat (as long as it's not the male lead character doing it i guess... )
          I don't like Cooper and he seems to hold a large section of the fandom in contempt (I don't think I've seen an interview with him yet where he's complementary about the fandom or not implying we're wrong or a bunch of idiots), but I expect no less from him.

I have sympathy for AT too, I think we've probably all had a boss like him at some point! It must have been difficult to fight her corner with Rick half-way out the door and no leverage. I think CJ was in the same boat.
          Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Yeah, it's angst coupled with outrage because you simply see her hankering over someone who just not worth it. And had it been written more tastefully without that eye-gorging bedroom scene, I'd accept it easier - with someone like Joe Faxon.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            That's a problem I have I think - that she allowed her character to be 'led' this way and that because of her emotions, especially when it came to the clearance scene.
            Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

I didn't mind that Sam got a boyfriend (too much) but I did mind having him shoved in our face... I mean, I sooooo did not need the date/morning after scene. Why not just say Sam has an (off-screen) boyfriend and leave it at that? Then, one day Daniel asks how the guy is and Sam said she broke it off because he couldn't handle the classified aspect of her job or something like that. No whole episodes based on this shmuck who messes up classified ops. Oy!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                I didn't mind that Sam got a boyfriend (too much) but I did mind having him shoved in our face... I mean, I sooooo did not need the date/morning after scene. Why not just say Sam has an (off-screen) boyfriend and leave it at that? Then, one day Daniel asks how the guy is and Sam said she broke it off because he couldn't handle the classified aspect of her job or something like that. No whole episodes based on this shmuck who messes up classified ops. Oy!
                My sentiments exactly! And leaving him unnamed would be even better!
                Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                  Yeah, that's how it should have been

Comment

I got the impression (from one of the con clips) that AT had said Sam's black widow streak was getting ridiculous, and requested that she had a boyfriend that didn't die, not that she wanted Sam to have a boyfriend. Does the difference between the two make sense?
                    Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                    If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                      I got the impression (from one of the con clips) that AT had said Sam's black widow streak was getting ridiculous, and requested that she had a boyfriend that didn't die, not that she wanted Sam to have a boyfriend. Does the difference between the two make sense?
                      Yes, obviously she was referring to her and Jack getting together and him not dying anymore! Nah, just kidding: I don't know exactly what AT said to TPTB at the time and if it's the exact same thing she mentioned at that con, but in my opinion she wasn't wrong to either ask for a love interest (one Sam actually wanted a relationship with, opposed to all the aliens fawning and dying over her) or one that didn't die. Perhaps she should have been more specific and request a credible storyline to go along with it too?
                      Last edited by fems; 02 July 2013, 05:25 AM. Reason: missing word
                      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

She could have just requested for Jack and asked the writers/directors (not Rob Cooper) to do a classy job out of it!
                        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                          Yes, obviously she was referring to her and Jack getting together and him not dying anymore! Nah, just kidding: I don't exactly what AT said to TPTB at the time and if it's the exact same thing she mentioned at that con, but in my opinion she wasn't wrong to either ask for a love interest (one Sam actually wanted a relationship with, opposed to all the aliens fawning and dying over her) or one that didn't die. Perhaps she should have been more specific and request a credible storyline to go along with it too?
                          Haha yeah, she wasn't specific enough with her request.

A love interest that doesn't die, that doesn't have social difficulties, or suffer from obsessions or delusions of grandeur, that understands 'classified', and doesn't feel so insecure in himself he has to stalk her. He should be someone that Sam is actually interested it, and, a credible opponent for Jack in the battle for her heart, i.e. is intelligent, attractive and charismatic, he should make her laugh but not as much as Jack, and he should be a high flying professional in his own field.

Wow that would be an interesting conversation with TPTB.
                          Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                          If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Yeah, but considering how badly romances between leads are often handled in TV shows I'm not sure they could have pulled it off! Not as long as the show continued (with both characters in it) for another season or more. I'm just afraid they would ruin the story and characters like that, especially continuing to write them in an established relationship. A confirmation scene in one of the last two seasons or movies could have been done properly (although since RCC was in charge during S9-10 I doubt it) but I wouldn't be surprised if that wouldn't live up to everything else after 10-15 years of teasing!
                            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

A love interest that doesn't die, that doesn't have social difficulties, or suffer from obsessions or delusions of grandeur, that understands 'classified', and doesn't feel so insecure in himself he has to stalk her. He should be someone that Sam is actually interested it, and, a credible opponent for Jack in the battle for her heart, i.e. is intelligent, attractive and charismatic, he should make her laugh but not as much as Jack, and he should be a high flying professional in his own field.

They would probably be stammering that wouldn't be possible!
                              On FFnet or AO3

Comment

True, very true. I've seen some fanfics where SG1 gets crossed over with JAG. Rabb fits that bill, at least I think so!
                                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Working...
                                X