Clear All

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
    Come with! I got room for you girl!
    *sigh*

*mumble*...family...job...money...*mumble*

but thank you
    sigpic
    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

As someone who has worked in Washington for many years I can say with absolute certainty that for every bad act we do know about there are a hundred more still waiting to come out. I've seen it again and again.
      Sadly that is very true, but as you also pointed out: things are carried around the world instantly, when a scandal is revealed, we "all" know about it. And people are starting to protest against corruption in countries where it hasn't been possible (allowed) before. I know this whole corruption thing is still bad - and probably far worse than I can imagine - but I'm trying to stay positive for the sake of my mental health

Oh, and do enjoy Shore Leave

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
        **With Jack's (presumed) Irish background, I'm a little surprised that he doesn't at least have a passable knowledge of the Bible and the church...
        Well, part of it could also be his dumb act. Then again, I don't recall much of the things we were taught about the bible in school (although, admittedly, it's way less here than in the US, especially for someone of Jack's age) and/or by my grandmother and church visits... it just kinda went in one ear, stayed there for a while (in high school long enough to pass exams) and then apparently went out the other ear again. And Jack is way older so if there had been a lot of bible/religion stuff in his youth he might have just forgotten about it by now. He already showed some of his 'ignorance' about it in First Commandment too so it's not really OOC either.
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
          Well, part of it could also be his dumb act. Then again, I don't recall much of the things we were taught about the bible in school (although, admittedly, it's way less here than in the US, especially for someone of Jack's age) and/or by my grandmother and church visits... it just kinda went in one ear, stayed there for a while (in high school long enough to pass exams) and then apparently went out the other ear again. And Jack is way older so if there had been a lot of bible/religion stuff in his youth he might have just forgotten about it by now. He already showed some of his 'ignorance' about it in First Commandment too so it's not really OOC either.
          I agree. I think Jack might have gone to church with his grandparents as a kid, but I doubt he was listening.

Sam on the other hand remembers all her catechisms, because she rarely forgets anything she's studied.

And AT has said that she believes Sam is religious or at least believes in God. I do get that from her character. I don't see her attending mass regularly (her dogtags say she's Catholic), but I don't think she looks at the wonders of the universe and feels there is a higher power at work.

Comment

I'll bet Jack was the kind of boy who could barely sit still and not fidget long enough in church. Probably drove his (grand)parents and other church-goers crazy!
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Maybe O'Neill was raised Catholic, but in light of the things that have happened to him, so he has a dim view of a higher power?
              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

I think he got wacked in the eye and shot through the arm a lot.
                I thought it was ridiculous that he always got hit in the EXACT same spot in his eyebrow. I've heard RDA say that he regrets going for the realism of suggesting o'Neil have a scar in the eyebrow because "the darn thing keeps growing back in" and has to constantly be shaved. I'll have to start paying attention to see if the reason they kept writing in the same injury to the exact same spot is they realized it had grown over in some episodes and so just to still have it there... Although it seems it would have been simpler just to let us all assume it wasn't so deep an injury that it inhibited hair growing back in. I read in somebody's fanfic or in a Fandemonium novel where the author had Jack injure it (AGAIN) but at least his inner thought was "the darn eyebrow, again!" or something like that. lol

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                Maybe O'Neill was raised Catholic, but in light of the things that have happened to him, so he has a dim view of a higher power?
                I could see that as well, given the "damned despicabe things" he's had to do and seen.
                sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                  *hatin'*

As am I
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by Nola
                  Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
                    I could see that as well, given the "damned despicabe things" he's had to do and seen.
                    Especially after what happened with Charlie!
                    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Oh yeah, Sparky. How did I forget for a moment there?

Comment

Oh yeah, Sparky. How did I forget for a moment there?
                        What happened with Charlie is enough to make anyone loose their faith!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                          What happened with Charlie is enough to make anyone loose their faith!

Sure is. And sometimes in that scene in Moebius when Jack says "She wouldn't let me go back and watch [some sports team do something]", I think Are you kidding? As if he wouldn't have wanted to go back and save Charlie. But it's such a typical irreverent Jack moment that I have to squash that thought, yet I think it very time I see that scene.

Comment

Sure is. And sometimes in that scene in Moebius when Jack says "She wouldn't let me go back and watch [some sports team do something]", I think Are you kidding? As if he wouldn't have wanted to go back and save Charlie. But it's such a typical irreverent Jack moment that I have to squash that thought, yet I think it very time I see that scene.
                            I think Jack's point in that scene was that him simply attending a sport's game (super bowl, maybe? don't remember) to watch something historic in the sport's world was as close as to non-interference it could get; how could him being there affect the course of history? Saving Charlie would have caused too many changes to the timeline.
                            On FFnet or AO3

Comment

I'll bet Jack was the kind of boy who could barely sit still and not fidget long enough in church. Probably drove his (grand)parents and other church-goers crazy!
                              I have a little boy in my church class named Jack who is just like that. Drives me near crazy!

I thought it was ridiculous that he always got hit in the EXACT same spot in his eyebrow. I've heard RDA say that he regrets going for the realism of suggesting o'Neil have a scar in the eyebrow because "the darn thing keeps growing back in" and has to constantly be shaved. I'll have to start paying attention to see if the reason they kept writing in the same injury to the exact same spot is they realized it had grown over in some episodes and so just to still have it there... Although it seems it would have been simpler just to let us all assume it wasn't so deep an injury that it inhibited hair growing back in. I read in somebody's fanfic or in a Fandemonium novel where the author had Jack injure it (AGAIN) but at least his inner thought was "the darn eyebrow, again!" or something like that. lol.

But he looks so damn sexy!

I think Jack's point in that scene was that him simply attending a sport's game (super bowl, maybe? don't remember) to watch something historic in the sport's world was as close as to non-interference it could get; how could him being there affect the course of history? Saving Charlie would have caused too many changes to the timeline.
                              It was the Cubs winning the 1910 World Series. For Cubs fans it's been a long time. How could Jack pass up such a unique opportunity?!

Comment

Demons partial shippy moment - if you get your extra strength specs out. When they first come through the gate Jack (RDA doing his thing) does a IIRC Monty Python impression and Sam (AT being the giggler she is) laughs at it. I'm classing it as a shippy moment because the giggling made it into the final cut.
                                Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                                If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Working...
                                X