Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent review!
    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Thanks, Sparky! I love this episode for the subtleties. So much of what I get from watching it is the nonverbal stuff... the way Dr. Carter hugs herself, as though protecting herself. The loss in her eyes in the final moments of the episode when she realizes that she saved the world... but now she has to find her way in it alone.

And Kawalsky. I love Kawalsky. I think he'll be helping Dr. Carter through the dark times ahead...

Comment

Great review, Selene. I love Point of View (it ranks as one of my top shippy episodes obviously) possibly even more than D&C. Dr. Carter's loss broke my heart but I'd like to think that Jack was in some way returned to her thanks to the Asgard. If they did it with Hammond....

Essentially, S/J again, in all realities.
        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Oh and that Kiss!

Sure, it's not our Major and Colonel, but it still thrills me to see them kiss, not matter what reality they belong to.
          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Just so you guys know, I heard from meredith. She says she should have the review for Learning Curve up tomorrow. No need to panic any longer!

Pshaw. Who's panicking?

And as for the possible death of Dr. Carter's Jack, so little was said about it that I wonder how it went down. Did she witness it on the video cameras? Or has he simply been out of contact and so she believes him lost? Perhaps he was taken to Apophis' ship to be revived and re-tortured, but then before the re-torture could happen the Asgard dropped by to say hello.

Certainly gets the AU juices flowing, doesn't it?

Comment

Great review selene!

I personally love Jack in this episode (no surprise there!) His adorable befuddlement when he's in the same room with the two Carters is just priceless. When he first sees Dr. Carter in the infirmary, he's about to laugh, like they are playing a prank on him. He's just too cute.

I, too, also love Kalwalsky. But what are you implying Selene... that he and Dr. Carter may get together? I don't think Jack would want Sam to be alone forever... but not sure about with his best friend???

I think there was a missed opportunity for our Sam and Jack to talk... after that hallway scene Jack looked like he was genuinely ready to have a talk with her but she just shrugged it off. In denial!

Great episode

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                Great review selene!

I personally love Jack in this episode (no surprise there!) His adorable befuddlement when he's in the same room with the two Carters is just priceless. When he first sees Dr. Carter in the infirmary, he's about to laugh, like they are playing a prank on him. He's just too cute.

I, too, also love Kalwalsky. But what are you implying Selene... that he and Dr. Carter may get together? I don't think Jack would want Sam to be alone forever... but not sure about with his best friend???

I think there was a missed opportunity for our Sam and Jack to talk... after that hallway scene Jack looked like he was genuinely ready to have a talk with her but she just shrugged it off. In denial!

Great episode
                What?! No!!

I meant that Kawalsky would be there to pull her out of her funk, and wouldn't let her drown in grief. He'd be her pillar of support, her rock, grounding her. If he followed her to an alternate reality because "she's [his] best friend's wife", I doubt he'd let her slip away into the depths of her own despair. He'd be her friend. Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post

And as for the possible death of Dr. Carter's Jack, so little was said about it that I wonder how it went down. Did she witness it on the video cameras? Or has he simply been out of contact and so she believes him lost? Perhaps he was taken to Apophis' ship to be revived and re-tortured, but then before the re-torture could happen the Asgard dropped by to say hello.

I could be wrong, but I thought Dr. Carter told our Jack that she had witnessed him being killed.

Samantha to Jack: I lost you. I watched you die Jack. Three days ago, trying to defend the mountain.
                  There is a fic out there somewhere in which the Asgard managed to clone AU Jack, so that Dr. Carter and her Jack did get to be together after all.
                  Last edited by hedwig; 13 June 2013, 05:41 PM.

Comment

In my AU, Brat'ac is one of Apophis' Jaffa leaders on Earth, but he has a secret Jaffa rebellion (like he does in our reality) but obviously in that reality T isn't part of it. A sarcophagus was beamed down and he was using it to revive members of the Tauri that appear to be leaders, and Jack is one of them, of course!

Nice surprise for Dr. Carter!

So, if it AU Jack was revived, do you think she would (or should) tell Jack about kissing the AU Jack?

Comment

What?! No!!

I meant that Kawalsky would be there to pull her out of her funk, and wouldn't let her drown in grief. He'd be her pillar of support, her rock, grounding her. If he followed her to an alternate reality because "she's [his] best friend's wife", I doubt he'd let her slip away into the depths of her own despair. He'd be her friend. Friend.

Yeah, okay good... that's what I think too.. Good friends! Family, even.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                        In my AU, Brat'ac is one of Apophis' Jaffa leaders on Earth, but he has a secret Jaffa rebellion (like he does in our reality) but obviously in that reality T isn't part of it. A sarcophagus was beamed down and he was using it to revive members of the Tauri that appear to be leaders, and Jack is one of them, of course!

Nice surprise for Dr. Carter!

So, if it AU Jack was revived, do you think she would (or should) tell Jack about kissing the AU Jack?
                        I dunno... What happens in an alternate reality, stays in an alternate reality?

I doubt she would tell him if it was a clone!Jack. Maybe if it was a revived!Jack. But I don't think he'd hold it against her. If she was that shaken by his loss, if he imagined himself in her shoes I doubt he'd fault her for trying to find some piece of him, even if she went looking for it in his alternate counterpart.

Comment

I dunno... What happens in an alternate reality, stays in an alternate reality?

I doubt she would tell him if it was a clone!Jack. Maybe if it was a revived!Jack. But I don't think he'd hold it against her. If she was that shaken by his loss, if he imagined himself in her shoes I doubt he'd fault her for trying to find some piece of him, even if she went looking for it in his alternate counterpart.
                          But they were actually in Dr. Carter's reality when they kissed!

But I agree, she would tell him because they have no secrets between them!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post

There is a fic out there somewhere in which the Asgard managed to clone AU Jack, so that Dr. Carter and her Jack did get to be together after all.
                            Can you remember the title? Is it one of Denise's stories? I think I've read something like this and liked it better than Jack permanently dying.
                            Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                              Can you remember the title? Is it one of Denise's stories? I think I've read something like this and liked it better than Jack permanently dying.
                              It's been such a long time since I read it, I don't remember who wrote it or the title. I just remember that Jack got cloned and he and AU Sam got to be together.

Comment

Selene0789

It’s inclusion during the most poignant moments of this episode have cemented it as THE Sam/Jack theme song, regardless that they end up using it in other, less-shippy moments. And thus every time they play this music in the rest of the series, the shippiness of the scene increases by a magnitude
                                When the theme is used for other relationships, like Jack and Daniel's, the last three (?) notes differ. I'm glad because S/J deserve their own.

That was an excellent review.
                                sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Working...
                                X