Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
    Just checking in so you all know I'm still reviewing "One False Step". Got a question - are some of you a day ahead of the us in U.S. so should post on the 12th instead of the 13th?
    I don't think its that big of a deal which day you post we're a little behind on our posting... my fault hehe so as long as it gets posted we're good
    sigpic

Comment

I'm re-reading Campfires Season 2 (shameless plug lol), and I just had a thought: I wonder how things would have been if there hadn't been regulations to prevent a relationship? I don't mean with Sam out of the chain of command, or not military; what if everything had been the same, except without regulations? (Forgive me if this has been discussed before.)

Comment

Originally posted by brendini View Post
        I'm re-reading Campfires Season 2 (shameless plug lol), and I just had a thought: I wonder how things would have been if there hadn't been regulations to prevent a relationship? I don't mean with Sam out of the chain of command, or not military; what if everything had been the same, except without regulations? (Forgive me if this has been discussed before.)
        If everything was the same and the regulations didn't exist, I still don't think either of them would have initiated a romantic relationship; Jack because he'd fear the situation where he had to make a command decision in the field that could very well cost Sam her life to save the guys/Earth/whatever, and Sam because she would probably still think it's inappropriate to have a relationship with your commanding officer as the role of women in the Air Force was clearly very important to her.
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

They would probably have gotten into a relationship. But Sam would have been transferred to another SG team.

Comment

Hehe I think its one of those topics that'll be talked about over and over because we all want to know what might have been I think that Sam and Jack would've had feelings for one another during this season but it would've taken them a while to act on those feelings. Jack is still deeply wounded by the loss of his son and the blame he still carries over how it happened. He wouldn't want to be in a situation where he could be responsible for loosing someone he loves. Sam was a little of a late bloomer, awkward with men and relationships. She would have shied away from starting anything with Jack, especially because he's her commanding officer and I'm sure she's dealt with prejudice over her not only being a female officer but also the fact that her father is a General (retired or not).

I think that eventually they would have taken that next step and started a relationship (if there weren't any regs)... maybe around the time that Divide and Conquer took place
            sigpic

Comment

Sometimes though we all want a bit of what we can't have, so had there been no regulations do you think they would have fallen as deeply in love? I'm sure they probably would have but there could be some case of the fact it is forbidden making it all that more special.
              sigpic
              Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
                Sometimes though we all want a bit of what we can't have, so had there been no regulations do you think they would have fallen as deeply in love? I'm sure they probably would have but there could be some case of the fact it is forbidden making it all that more special.
                Ordinarily I would agree, however, Sam and Jack in other realities were equally as in love and they never had the regs in the way so in their case I'm not sure it makes a difference to their feelings. The angst makes it more intriguing to watch I think!

I also agree with Fems, I don't think Sam would have done anything whilst being military and the same chain of command. Even if there weren't regs, it still wouldn't look good for her. After all her Dad is a General and Hammond is also a friend of her father's. Dating Jack when he was her boss would probably have been the proverbial straw and she wouldn't have been taken seriously by her peers, however smart or good she is. As a civilian, however, she wouldn't have been so bothered because co-workers date all the time, even bosses and staff.
                Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
                  Made this for the next episode in our shipper rewatch I finally made one before the review was posted Yay!

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/...psa31bd92d.jpg
                  It's BEAUTIFUL!

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
                    Ordinarily I would agree, however, Sam and Jack in other realities were equally as in love and they never had the regs in the way so in their case I'm not sure it makes a difference to their feelings. The angst makes it more intriguing to watch I think!

I also agree with Fems, I don't think Sam would have done anything whilst being military and the same chain of command. Even if there weren't regs, it still wouldn't look good for her. After all her Dad is a General and Hammond is also a friend of her father's. Dating Jack when he was her boss would probably have been the proverbial straw and she wouldn't have been taken seriously by her peers, however smart or good she is. As a civilian, however, she wouldn't have been so bothered because co-workers date all the time, even bosses and staff.
                    Yep. But I think the regs also became some sort of excuse after a while. So even in an AU where it didn't exist, there would have been other issues bothering them.

My opinion differs here but then, there's RST in my mind (canon the way I see it at least) even in the early seasons. Not that both their careers aren't important, or that there would be gossip and all, but there are several turning points in the series where their relationship would have changed. Just how I see things.
                    Last edited by Ikorni; 05 April 2013, 04:13 PM.
                    Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                      Yep. But I think the regs also became some sort of excuse after a while. So even in an AU where it didn't exist, there would have been other issues bothering them.

My opinion differs here but then, there's RST in my mind (canon the way I see it at least) even in the early seasons. Not that both their careers aren't important, or that there would be gossip and all, but there are several turning points in the series where their relationship would have changed. Just how I see things.
                      Would love to read some elaboration on these points (if you don't mind, of course). Or do you have specific fics that have addressed your ideas? I'm always intrigued by the idea that things may have happened between Sam and Jack pre-Threads (as more often than not the fanbase seems to agree on post-Threads as a starting point for their relationship).
                      sigpic
                      Thank you to Ikorni for the sig

Jolinar's LJ - Currently reviewing all SG1 eps as part of the Shipper Rewatch, feel free to add me

Comment

Originally posted by Jolinar_of_Malkshur View Post
                        Would love to read some elaboration on these points (if you don't mind, of course). Or do you have specific fics that have addressed your ideas? I'm always intrigued by the idea that things may have happened between Sam and Jack pre-Threads (as more often than not the fanbase seems to agree on post-Threads as a starting point for their relationship).
                        It's long, so I'll have to PM you!
                        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                          It's long, so I'll have to PM you!
                          Will look forward to reading it! If it's that lengthy though it may have to wait until tomorrow (later today?) - it's 1:30am here! Off to get some sleep, but will read and respond in the morning
                          sigpic

Jolinar's LJ - Currently reviewing all SG1 eps as part of the Shipper Rewatch, feel free to add me

Comment

Ooh, not sure what happened there but my post ended up showing twice! Sorry about that
                            Last edited by Jolinar_of_Malkshur; 05 April 2013, 04:33 PM. Reason: double post
                            sigpic

Comment

Just wondering how we are all doing with, the rewatch hlndncr are you still okay witht ehreview for Holiday or would you like one of us to take over, LTJS are you still okay to do serpents song?
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

All righty folks... Time for sign up to begin! Have at it!

And please: No lasting bodily harm!

SEASON 3 SHIPPER REWATCH

19th May - Into The Fire - SGSuzi
                                24th May - Seth
                                29th May - Fair Game
                                3rd Jun - Legacy
                                8th Jun - Learning Curve
                                13th Jun - Point of View – Selene0789
                                18th Jun - Deadman Switch
                                23rd Jun - Demons
                                28th Jun - Rules of Engagement
                                3rd Jul - Forever in a Day
                                8th Jul - Past and Present
                                13th Jul - Jolinar’s Memories / The Devil You Know – Sparky She-Demon
                                23rd Jul - Pretense
                                28th Jul - Urgo - SGSuzi
                                2nd Aug - A Hundred Days
                                7th Aug - Shades of Grey - LCJS
                                12th Aug - New Ground
                                17th Aug - Maternal Instinct
                                22nd Aug - Crystal Skull
                                27th Aug - Nemesis

Comment

Working...
                                X