Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amaradangeli View Post
    It's up! The master list, that is. So, if you're managing a list and want to make sure it's part of the master list, head on over and post it. Please remember, the master list is just that: links to where the lists actually live. None of the posts on the master list should link directly to fics. (If anyone has a list they want to add but they don't actually want to add it themselves, I'm happy to do so, just PM me your text and coding and I'll take care of it.)

The thread will be closed by a mod in the coming days. Conversational responses on that thread may be removed so the thread stays clean. As always, submissions for any category can be made at the individual lists (please don't make those submissions at the master list as they'll likely get missed and/or removed before the list managers can attend to them.

Big thanks to everyone who's been a part of getting this all together. It's been a big project but it's been worth it!
    yay it looks great!!!
    sigpic

Comment

okay apologies for the lateness but im about to post my overdue reviews for message in abottle and family. sorry ive been pre-occupied woth being sick and AT7 registration, but here you go
      sigpic
      Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

[CENTER]MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE[/CENTER

SYNOPSIS

SG-1 explores the rather barren and moon-like P5C-353 and brings back a mysterious orb to study. After realizing it is a threat, Colonel Jack O'Neill attempts to throw it through the Stargate and return it to P5C-353. However it takes control of him to prevent this, and infects Stargate Command with a virus.

GENERAL DISCUSSION

This episode really brings home to the team at the SGC what dangers they are bringing to Earth in their exploration. What seems like an innocent orb becomes the potential destruction of the SGC and possibly even humankind. We see both teamwork and alos the individual characteristics of the team come through. Sam and Daniel use their skills and knowledge and their love for research and gaining new knowledge. When they find the Orb they are like kids in a sweet shop. Jack has become much more relaxed as a leader, treating everyone very much as equals and friends and it is also touching to see Teal'c stay with Jack through the whole ordeal. A very clever episode and lessons learnt for the future i think, well you would think but they still seem to manage to get themselves in plenty more scrapes.

Sam/Jack

well as Vala would say as far as shippiness goes this episode is packed full of Jam. I think you can start to see the relationship developing at this point. I dont think either of them are aware of how it is developing as yet but they certainly have a closeness and bond. When Jack is pinned to the wall by the Orb Sam has a look of sheer horror on her face and she demonstates a definate concern and worry for Jack throughout the episode.Not that she wouldnt be just as worried for any other member of her team im sure. My favourite scene, like many peoples is the hand holding scene between them and the way Jack rubs her hand with his thumb. I feel so much for Sam at this point, she is suggesting a plan which she knows could potentially kill Jack, she had to be pretty sure of herself i think to carry it out.
        After the Orb is gone and Jack collapses on the gate ramp, i love the way Sam just looks at Hammond and he instantly knows what she wants, as she leaves the control room and runs down to Jack, touching him as he wakes and helping him up, not letting her hand off his back as they walk out the gate room. Lovely scenes and whilst not technically shippy it shows that deep care they have for each other as friends at this point

Fave scene

got to be the hand touch i think

Fave Dialogue

When a Goa'uld's world is taken by another in battle, he will sometimes leave the means to destroy the conqueror.
        You think it might be a booby trap?
        Booby?

overall this is one of the best season 2 eps, one i enjoy immensly when i rewatch it, and a nice lttle shippy touch to boot
        sigpic

Comment

I agree with you in that and are well on the road to being in love with each other. It is still early and they don't know how long it will take or what obstacles(apart from the obvious one) are on the path, but they on their way.
          No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
          It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
            I could try an episode, since I have a bit more time this coming week, but I don't see any free slot.
            I just noticed this post. Did anyone get back to you about it?

If you'd still like to review an episode you can take one of mine (Touchstone or Holiday), or Suzi would probably appreciate a hand getting a review of Family up because I know she's got a lot on her plate right now. You might ask her.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
              I just noticed this post. Did anyone get back to you about it?

If you'd still like to review an episode you can take one of mine (Touchstone or Holiday), or Suzi would probably appreciate a hand getting a review of Family up because I know she's got a lot on her plate right now. You might ask her.
              Nope, thought it was all going ok, so I didn't say anything further. I'll just help with an episode anyone can't do.
              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Nope, thought it was all going ok, so I didn't say anything further. I'll just help with an episode anyone can't do.
                Please feel free to put a review up for family if you like, let me know, cos as Hlndncr said I'm struggling a bit at the moment
                sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone, hope you’re all well!

Sorry I haven’t been around much lately, but real life and all that... I was around briefly on Saturday for Valenship, and I managed to get a fic written - both not posted sadly. It’s posted now though, so I guess better late than never, right?

If any of you are interested in reading a little S/J ship, here’s the link as I couldn’t figure out the ‘spoiler’ thing, sorry! (The fic is rated T, just to be on the safe side, but there’s nothing really in it to warrant that rating).

Punches And Posies - http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9027163/1/

Also apologies if this is posted in the wrong place. Enjoy!

"I'd rather have died myself than lose Carter... Because I care about her. A lot more than I'm supposed to."
                  My Fics | My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by wacky_jacqs View Post
                    Hi everyone, hope you’re all well!

Sorry I haven’t been around much lately, but real life and all that... I was around briefly on Saturday for Valenship, and I managed to get a fic written - both not posted sadly. It’s posted now though, so I guess better late than never, right?

If any of you are interested in reading a little S/J ship, here’s the link as I couldn’t figure out the ‘spoiler’ thing, sorry! (The fic is rated T, just to be on the safe side, but there’s nothing really in it to warrant that rating).

Punches And Posies - http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9027163/1/

Also apologies if this is posted in the wrong place. Enjoy!

That is just lovely Good way to spend your time when you can't sleep hehe
                    sigpic
                    Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
                      Please feel free to put a review up for family if you like, let me know, cos as Hlndncr said I'm struggling a bit at the moment
                      I could give that a shot, but will need some time for it, seeing as I've just only found out about this. If you think I should go on with it, could you tell me what exactly to do?
                      Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

I could give that a shot, but will need some time for it, seeing as I've just only found out about this. If you think I should go on with it, could you tell me what exactly to do?
                        Easy as pie (for Jack) or pi (for Sam)

1. Rewatch the episode (unless you have committed it to memory)
                        2. Post a review
                        A basic outline (not required but helpful):

a. Banner or Title
                        b. Brief Summary
                        c. Favorite Lines and Favorite Scene
                        d. General Comments
                        e. Sam and Jack

3. Enjoy the cudos for your brilliant insights!

Comment

I have a question and it's open for discussion, if Sam and Jack had a child, do you think it would be more like her or more like him or maybe a mix of them both?
                          sigpic
                          Fate makes our relatives; choice makes our friends-quote I found in my dad's senior year of high school under his name

"Give me a pen and I'll write the words"
                          http://avp60685.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                            Easy as pie (for Jack) or pi (for Sam)

1. Rewatch the episode (unless you have committed it to memory)
                            2. Post a review
                            A basic outline (not required but helpful):

a. Banner or Title
                            b. Brief Summary
                            c. Favorite Lines and Favorite Scene
                            d. General Comments
                            e. Sam and Jack

3. Enjoy the cudos for your brilliant insights!
                            OK, thanks for that! I'll need to remember this. The only problem is the date of the rewatch. I'm not entirely sure when it's due, but I can't exactly get this done say, in the next day or two after just having learnt that I'm going to do one. Just afraid that by the time I get it posted it's time for the next one already.
                            Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by avp60685 View Post
                              I have a question and it's open for discussion, if Sam and Jack had a child, do you think it would be more like her or more like him or maybe a mix of them both?
                              I've read in many fanfics that their children can go either way, or even a mix. Personally, I'm actually fine with any interpretation along this spectrum.
                              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Okay fair enough!
                                sigpic
                                Fate makes our relatives; choice makes our friends-quote I found in my dad's senior year of high school under his name

"Give me a pen and I'll write the words"
                                http://avp60685.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X