Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little over a week to Valenship.

Hope those of you preparing something for the day are ready.
    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Ficlet time!

Need
      Spoiler:
      “What is it with Daniel and alien princesses?” Jack held the phone to his ear as he opened the fridge to pull out a beer.

“I wouldn’t exactly call her a princess.” Sam sat down on the less than comfortable couch that came with the base housing she was now occupying and took a sip of her tea. “More like a thief and a con artist.”

“Still.” Jack let out a harrumph as he gracelessly lowered himself into the recliner in his mostly unfurnished DC apartment. “There was Sha’re.”

“That was different and you know it.” Sam interrupted him.

“OK. What about that crazy chick with the sarcophagus and the naquadah mine?” Jack swung the bottle around as he searched for the name. “Shirly . . . Sheryl . . . Shylock . . .”
      Sam broke in just as he spilled some of the cold liquid on the upholstery. “Shyla.”

“Yeah, that one.” Jack was grateful Sam couldn’t see the mess he was half heartedly wiping up with his hand. She would have given him a look.

“Haven’t thought about that mission in a long time.” Sam’s mind wandered back to those early days of going through the stargate and all the really dumb mistakes the team made back then.

“As I recall,” Jack broke into Sam’s thoughts, “her little crush on Daniel was mighty inconvenient, as usual.”

“Do I detect a little jealousy over Daniel’s success with the fairer sex?” It didn’t take long for Sam to feel comfortable needling Jack. She had been working up to outright insubordination for years.

“Nah.” Jack knew Sam was trying to get a rise out of him, and he enjoyed it. He figured he could give as good as he got. “I’ve got something much better.”

Sam didn’t hesitate with her reply. “A brilliant scientist who regularly pulled your ass out of the fire?”

“Carter, if this conversation is going to turn to ass grabbing we are definitely leaving Daniel out of it.”

Sam held back a giggle. But not being able to help herself she whispered back in her most seductive voice, “Sorry . . . Sir.”

“Don’t get kinky with me, Carter. You’re too far away for it to be satisfying.” Damn, Jack missed her. He couldn’t believe how that single, familiar word made him want to hop on a plane to Nevada right then, or better yet, commandeer the Asgard transporter on the Prometheus.

If Sam had a phone with a cord she’d be twirling it like a teenage girl with a crush. As it was, she was curled up into the corner of the couch wishing it was Jack’s warm body beside her. “I believe you were about to tell me what you have that is better than all the babes in the galaxy,” Sam goaded.

Jack paused then answered so quickly and quietly and running all the words together so that Sam almost missed it. “The love of my life,” he said.

Sometimes Jack still surprised Sam. He was often gruff and flippant and the last thing she expected was for him to say something so romantic in the midst of their teasing. Of course, he was Jack O’Neill so as soon as things got too emotional he was sure to follow it up with . . .

“Yep, that F-302 is a sweet ride. Of course, it could still use some phasers.”

. . . a joke to defuse the mood. Still, she loved him for even saying it and so had no problem indulging him. “I’ll get to work on that,” Sam promised in serious tones.

Jack was grateful Sam didn’t feel the need to dwell on his declaration of love and was willing to continue the playful banter. He meant what he had said. He just didn’t want to discuss it to death. That was Daniel’s MO. “See, I knew there was a reason you wanted that transfer to R&D.”

“That was it,” Sam agreed.

“Anyway, while you work on that maybe I should take a little fact finding tour to the SGC.”
      Sam wasn’t fooled by this for a second. “You just want a chance to give Daniel a hard time.”

“Carter, I am in charge of this planet’s defenses against hostile alien aggression,” Jack protested. “Daniel and his new girlfriend just incurred the wrath of a whole new category of big time baddies from another galaxy. It’s my job to evaluate the situation and provide my candid observations to those involved.”

“Right.” Sam drew out the word to make sure Jack understood that he was full of malarkey and Sam knew it.

“And since I’ll be in the neighborhood,” Jack weedled, “I should probably look in on the work being done at Area 51. For the good of the planet.”

Sam saw an opportunity here to take advantage of Jack’s restlessness. “After you take Cam flying.”

“Cam?” Sam tried not to enjoy the fact that Jack sounded just a little bit jealous. “Is this where you’ve been getting all your information?”

“You know Teal’c’s the gossip.” And Jack had to concede Sam was absolutely right on that count.

“Jack, he’s had a rough first week, and I don’t think he’s been in the air since the crash.”

Sam continued to push, “You can help him. You’ve been there.”

It’s not that Jack didn’t want to help Mitchell out if he could; he was just feeling a little peevish about it for some reason. “What’s in it for me?”

“An ally in your long distance tormenting of Daniel.”

“Tempting.”

“Jack, take Cam up on your next visit to Colorado Springs and when you get here I’ll make sure you have a night you won’t forget.”

Jack swallowed down hard on the swig of beer he had just taken to keep from choking. “Carter, if I had known there was this under all those ‘Yes, Sirs’ and the whole good little soldier routine I’m not sure I could have waited eight years to marry you.”

Sam laughed out loud. “Jack,” she replied innocently, “I was talking about giving you a private tour of the new X-404 under construction. It has phasers, sort of.”

Jack didn’t buy the innocent routine for one second. They may have only been married a short time, but his eyes were opened. “Alien princess or Air Force scientist,” he huffed, “you’re all bad news.”
      Last edited by hlndncr; 13 February 2013, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Decided to try something different. So this is something of a prequel.

Thor's Chariot
        Spoiler:
        Hammond had instituted new fitness requirements for all SG teams. Jack decided this was a good excuse to introduce some team workouts both for keeping everyone in shape and building some additional esprit de corp.

Naturally Daniel complained. Teal’c was happy for an excuse to get out of the mountain on a regular basis; although he thought it was silly to be running around with no particular destination and no one chasing you. Sam said, “Yes Sir,” and kept her opinion to herself.

On the first morning of the new routine the team gathered at a park near Jack’s house. Jack nearly had a coronary when Sam showed up in a tight tank top and the shortest pair of short shorts he’d ever seen. He tried to pretend he hadn’t noticed but it was really hard not to stare when she bent at the waist to stretch her hamstrings and calves before beginning their jog.

It didn’t take long for Teal’c to push way out in front. He looked like he wasn’t even trying. Jack made it a point to stay next to Sam. It made it easier to concentrate on running. But after a while he had to drop back to get on Daniel about picking up the pace. It’s not that he couldn’t keep up, Jack knew; Daniel was clearly bored and was letting his mind wander. Jack tried to focus on keeping Daniel on track with the team and not the shapely view before him.

Oh, how Jack longed for colder weather. But you know what they say, be careful what you wish for. When the weather turned Sam came dressed in black leggings that hugged every inch of her long legs.

The hardest part was not letting his mind and eyes wander when they were back on base. But they had so many briefings and they were so boring. Case in point, Carter was standing at the star map in the control room with her back to him describing some kind of goa’uld alert system to Hammond. Jack was sorely tried at that moment to not have his gaze drawn to Carter’s rear and a remembrance of their run that morning. He failed in his resolve and had to quickly look away as she began to turn. Thankfully, there was an unscheduled gate activation that actually gave him something to concentrate on before his imagination could wander too far afield.
        Last edited by hlndncr; 11 February 2013, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Loved the fics, hlndncr!!

Comment

Originally posted by lucycat View Post
            loved the fics, hlndncr!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36961[/ATTACH]
            Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
              Decided to try something different. So this is something of a prequel.

Thor's Chariot
              Spoiler:
              Hammond had instituted new fitness requirements for all SG teams. Jack decided this was a good excuse to introduce some team workouts both for keeping everyone in shape and building some additional esprit décor.

Naturally Daniel complained. Teal’c was happy for an excuse to get out of the mountain on a regular basis; although he thought it was silly to be running around with no particular destination and no one chasing you. Sam said, “Yes Sir,” and kept her opinion to herself.

On the first morning of the new routine the team gathered at a park near Jack’s house. Jack nearly had a coronary when Sam showed up in a tight tank top and the shortest pair of short shorts he’d ever seen. He tried to pretend he hadn’t noticed but it was really hard not to stare when she bent at the waist to stretch her hamstrings and calves before beginning their jog.

It didn’t take long for Teal’c to push way out in front. He looked like he wasn’t even trying. Jack made it a point to stay next to Sam. It made it easier to concentrate on running. But after a while he had to drop back to get on Daniel about picking up the pace. It’s not that he couldn’t keep up, Jack knew; Daniel was clearly bored and was letting his mind wander. Jack tried to focus on keeping Daniel on track with the team and not the shapely view before him.

Oh, how Jack longed for colder weather. But you know what they say, be careful what you wish for. When the weather turned Sam came dressed in black leggings that hugged every inch of her long legs.

The hardest part was not letting his mind and eyes wander when they were back on base. But they had so many briefings and they were so boring. Case in point, Carter was standing at the star map in the control room with her back to him describing some kind of goa’uld alert system to Hammond. Jack was sorely tried at that moment to not have his gaze drawn to Carter’s rear and a remembrance of their run that morning. He failed in his resolve and had to quickly look away as she began to turn. Thankfully, there was an unscheduled gate activation that actually gave him something to concentrate on before his imagination could wander too far afield.
              Lovely ficlet!

Spoiler:
              BTW it is esprit de corps not decor, after all SG-1 are not decorations. Although after that jog will be wanting to decorate his bed.
              No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                Lovely ficlet!

Spoiler:
                BTW it is esprit de corps not decor, after all SG-1 are not decorations. Although after that jog will be wanting to decorate his bed.
                Thanks. I freely admit my spelling is terrible.

Comment

review for message in a bottle on its way, sorry for the delay but ive been sick and struggling to manage work and RL and i want to make sure the episode get the review it deserves
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
                    review for message in a bottle on its way, sorry for the delay but ive been sick and struggling to manage work and RL and i want to make sure the episode get the review it deserves
                    excuses, excuses. >.<

LOL -we've all been there. We can wait for you.
                    sigpic
                    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Ficlet time!

Need
                      Spoiler:
                      “What is it with Daniel and alien princesses?” Jack held the phone to his ear as he opened the fridge to pull out a beer.

“I wouldn’t exactly call her a princess.” Sam sat down on the less than comfortable couch that came with the base housing she was now occupying and took a sip of her tea. “More like a thief and a con artist.”

“Still.” Jack let out a harrumph as he gracelessly lowered himself into the recliner in his mostly unfurnished DC apartment. “There was Sha’re.”

“OK. What about that crazy chick with the sarcophagus and the naquadah mine?” Jack swung the bottle around as he searched for the name. “Shirly . . . Sheryl . . . Shylock . . .”
                      Sam broke in just as he spilled some of the cold liquid on the upholstery. “Shyla.”

“Yeah, that one.” Jack was grateful Sam couldn’t see the mess he was half heartedly wiping up with his hand. She would have given him a look.

“Haven’t thought about that mission in a long time.” Sam’s mind wandered back to those early days of going through the stargate and all the really dumb mistakes the team made back then.

“As I recall,” Jack broke into Sam’s thoughts, “her little crush on Daniel was mighty inconvenient, as usual.”

“Do I detect a little jealousy over Daniel’s success with the fairer sex?” It didn’t take long for Sam to feel comfortable needling Jack. She had been working up to outright insubordination for years.

“Nah.” Jack knew Sam was trying to get a rise out of him, and he enjoyed it. He figured he could give as good as he got. “I’ve got something much better.”

Sam didn’t hesitate with her reply. “A brilliant scientist who regularly pulled your ass out of the fire?”

“Carter, if this conversation is going to turn to ass grabbing we are definitely leaving Daniel out of it.”

Sam held back a giggle. But not being able to help herself she whispered back in her most seductive voice, “Sorry . . . Sir.”

“Don’t get kinky with me, Carter. You’re too far away for it to be satisfying.” Damn, Jack missed her. He couldn’t believe how that single, familiar word made him want to hop on a plane to Nevada right then, or better yet, commandeer the Asgard transporter on the Prometheus.

If Sam had a phone with a cord she’d be twirling it like a teenage girl with a crush. As it was, she was curled up into the corner of the couch wishing it was Jack’s warm body beside her. “I believe you were about to tell me what you have that is better than all the babes in the galaxy,” Sam goaded.

Jack paused then answered so quickly and quietly and running all the words together so that Sam almost missed it. “The love of my life,” he said.

Sometimes Jack still surprised Sam. He was often gruff and flippant and the last thing she expected was for him to say something so romantic in the midst of their teasing. Of course, he was Jack O’Neill so as soon as things got too emotional he was sure to follow it up with . . .

. . . a joke to defuse the mood. Still, she loved him for even saying it and so had no problem indulging him. “I’ll get to work on that,” Sam promised in serious tones.

Jack was grateful Sam didn’t feel the need to dwell on his declaration of love and was willing to continue the playful banter. He meant what he had said. He just didn’t want to discuss it to death. That was Daniel’s MO. “See, I knew there was a reason you wanted that transfer to R&D.”

“Anyway, while you work on that maybe I should take a little fact finding tour to the SGC.”
                      Sam wasn’t fooled by this for a second. “You just want a chance to give Daniel a hard time.”

“Carter, I am in charge of this planet’s defenses against hostile alien aggression,” Jack protested. “Daniel and his new girlfriend just incurred the wrath of a whole new category of big time baddies from another galaxy. It’s my job to evaluate the situation and provide my candid observations to those involved.”

“Right.” Sam drew out the word to make sure Jack understood that he was full of malarkey and Sam knew it.

“And since I’ll be in the neighborhood,” Jack weedled, “I should probably look in on the work being done at Area 51. For the good of the planet.”

Sam saw an opportunity here to take advantage of Jack’s restlessness. “After you take Cam flying.”

“Cam?” Sam tried not to enjoy the fact that Jack sounded just a little bit jealous. “Is this where you’ve been getting all your information?”

“You know Teal’c’s the gossip.” And Jack had to concede Sam was absolutely right on that count.

“Jack, he’s had a rough first week, and I don’t think he’s been in the air since the crash.”

It’s not that Jack didn’t want to help Mitchell out if he could; he was just feeling a little peevish about it for some reason. “What’s in it for me?”

“Tempting.”

“Jack, take Cam up on your next visit to Colorado Springs and when you get here I’ll make sure you have a night you won’t forget.”

Jack swallowed down hard on the swig of beer he had just taken to keep from choking. “Carter, if I had known there was this under all those ‘Yes, Sirs’ and the whole good little soldier routine I’m not sure I could have waited eight years to marry you.”

Sam laughed out loud. “Jack,” she replied innocently, “I was talking about giving you a private tour of the new F-404 under construction. It has phasers, sort of.”

Jack didn’t buy the innocent routine for one second. They may have only been married a short time, but his eyes were opened. “Alien princess or Air Force scientist,” he huffed, “you’re all bad news.”
                      So good - deserves 5 stars!
                      sigpic
                      Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                      My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

nice little ficlet for need but what's an F-404? unless you meant to put BC-304.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                          nice little ficlet for need but what's an F-404? unless you meant to put BC-304.
                          I probably should have called it X-404, and I made it up. I wanted a ship with phasers.

Comment

Ficlet time!

Need
                            Spoiler:

“Tempting.”

Sam laughed out loud. “Jack,” she replied innocently, “I was talking about giving you a private tour of the new X-404 under construction. It has phasers, sort of.”

Tried to GREEN. "No joy on the burn, Sir."
                            sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THE THREAD EVERYBODY? I've been gone for over a week with moving from my apartment to the new house. I thought I would have LOADS to catch up on??? Where is everybody?
                              sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
                                WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THE THREAD EVERYBODY? I've been gone for over a week with moving from my apartment to the new house. I thought I would have LOADS to catch up on??? Where is everybody?
                                Maybe it's just a lull until Valenship starts again.
                                Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X