No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enemies is quite a joyride. Lots of team action with Jacob thrown in the mix! I love how Jack is constantly needling Jacob about who is in charge. Sam and Jack are together often, though not in a shippy way, per se. But they do have an obvious ease with each other that shows how well they work together. They move together smoothly when they are investigating the enemy ship and later when they are running from the replicators. Sam practically calls his idea stupid when Jack asks her to hot-wire the door. I loved the look on his face! There was also the fun, “Welcome to my life” comment, and Jack’s subsequent look of adorable confusion.

Another part of the episode I liked was the scene with Daniel/Jack friendship. Daniel gets Jack to open up and talk about Teal’c apparent death, and later we see that Jack has convinced Daniel to pass the time playing ball (obviously Jack doesn’t leave home without some form of amusement!) instead of reading or writing in a journal (what Daniel usually does during long waits in Teltacs!)

Brainwashed Teal’c is really disturbing! When he shot the control panel in the holding cell, my main thought was, Too bad it was Jacob standing there to take Sam in his arms and not Jack!

I found it a little too convenient that the Replicators could fix it so they could travel back to our galaxy so fast! It was a blast from a supernova that sent them there, fer crying out loud!!

So long Aphosis, hello Replicators!

As for Threshold... abosolutely not ship. Sam and Jack were hardly in any scenes together.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
      Enemies is quite a joyride. Lots of team action with Jacob thrown in the mix! I love how Jack is constantly needling Jacob about who is in charge. Sam and Jack are together often, though not in a shippy way, per se. But they do have an obvious ease with each other that shows how well they work together. They move together smoothly when they are investigating the enemy ship and later when they are running from the replicators. Sam practically calls his idea stupid when Jack asks her to hot-wire the door. I loved the look on his face! There was also the fun, “Welcome to my life” comment, and Jack’s subsequent look of adorable confusion.

Another part of the episode I liked was the scene with Daniel/Jack friendship. Daniel gets Jack to open up and talk about Teal’c apparent death, and later we see that Jack has convinced Daniel to pass the time playing ball (obviously Jack doesn’t leave home without some form of amusement!) instead of reading or writing in a journal (what Daniel usually does during long waits in Teltacs!)

Brainwashed Teal’c is really disturbing! When he shot the control panel in the holding cell, my main thought was, Too bad it was Jacob standing there to take Sam in his arms and not Jack!

I found it a little too convenient that the Replicators could fix it so they could travel back to our galaxy so fast! It was a blast from a supernova that sent them there, fer crying out loud!!

So long Aphosis, hello Replicators!
      I love the dynamic in this episode, although i have to agree about the Replicators being a convenient fix-it for their little issue. I have always thought that it would have been interesting if Sam had turned to Jack, and the response the move would have gotten from A, her father and B, how awkward they would have been if it had happened lol (But it didn't. Us shippers... *shakes head* lol)

I love episodes with Jacob in it, especially ones where Jack and him have little talks. It's like he's bonding with his sort of father-in-law or something

The way Jack looks so confused when Carter says that line "Welcome to my life" makes me grin every time. And the whole Daniel and Jack thing with the ball...how cool is that? I doubt that Jack ever leaves home without something to do when they are forced to wait, and I think it was like a comfort thing between them to distract each other from Teal'c's maybe death rather than having a lengthy in-depth conversation with words. The ball thing works for them lol

Nice review LC
      "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

I don't think Sam would have turned to Jack (or Daniel for that matter) if Jacob hadn't been there. She's always the tough soldier but to me she seems a bit more vulnerable whenever Jacob is around. So to me, if Jacob hadn't been present she would have just flinched but held her ground. Simply because her Dad was there she chose his comfort, perhaps subconsciously.
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
          I don't think Sam would have turned to Jack (or Daniel for that matter) if Jacob hadn't been there. She's always the tough soldier but to me she seems a bit more vulnerable whenever Jacob is around. So to me, if Jacob hadn't been present she would have just flinched but held her ground. Simply because her Dad was there she chose his comfort, perhaps subconsciously.
          Yeah that's true (About her actions with Jacob vs when Jacob isn't around). All I meant was that shippers (some of them not all) can sometimes imagine things that may never happen. I don't really think that Sam would have turned into Jack either in the reality of the show, because that's just not something Sam would do. However, I believe it was said as a hypothetical more so than a factual assessment of the characters actions.
          "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
            I do agree... I think she would have ducked for cover or jumped back, certainly not have ran into anyone's arms if her father wasn't there.... It's just a shippy fantasy!

Comment

Or, perhaps, she simply recoiled period, and her Dad just happened to be there to receive her. And say, if TPTB had been kind, it had been Jack there instead, he could have received her as well. You know. Instinctively. In that subtly protective way of his.

Like when she jumped a little behind him in Avenger 2.0? Totally happened!

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                Or, perhaps, she simply recoiled period, and her Dad just happened to be there to receive her. And say, if TPTB had been kind, it had been Jack there instead, he could have received her as well. You know. Instinctively. In that subtly protective way of his.

Like when she jumped a little behind him in Avenger 2.0? Totally happened!
                Haha. Totally. (They so turned inwards towards each other lol)

Comment

Originally posted by sasha713 View Post
                  Awww now I have to watch Avenger 2.0 again! *throws away her study books and starts searching for the DVD*
                  sigpic
                  Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Originally posted by samfan13 View Post
                    awww now i have to watch avenger 2.0 again! *throws away her study books and starts searching for the dvd* :d
                    LoL

Comment

Originally posted by sasha713 View Post
                      Originally posted by Samfan13 View Post
                      Awww now I have to watch Avenger 2.0 again! *throws away her study books and starts searching for the DVD*

Comment

^^ Niiiice!

Comment

Originally posted by Samfan13 View Post
                          LOL.

I really can't add anything to Lucy's review -excellent job! I will say I loved the exchange with 'welcome to my life'...just such a normal moment in their otherwise weird lives.
                          sigpic
                          sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                          "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Two more:

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                              LOL.

I really can't add anything to Lucy's review -excellent job! I will say I loved the exchange with 'welcome to my life'...just such a normal moment in their otherwise weird lives.
                              That's just it isn't it? The wierdness is normal for them now. Ooops we're in another galaxy a billion lightyears from home. "Shoulda let the dog out."

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                                that's just it isn't it? The wierdness is normal for them now. Ooops we're in another galaxy a billion lightyears from home. "shoulda let the dog out."
                                LoL so true

Comment

Working...
                                X