Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
    I am sooooo behind on the re-watch! Today I watched season 3 Proving Ground, and there was nothing shippy in that ep!

Yesterday was Shades of Grey... oh the shippy angst!!
    wow you are behind. and proving ground was in season 5 not season 3. don't mean to be a know it all.

Comment

Don't feel bad Lucy. I got off track at season 2 and haven't been able to get back to it yet. I was going to start catching up this week, but I'm starting work again tomorrow so it looks like my SG watching must return to the back burner again.

Comment

I've completely given up hope of participating in the rewatch. If I get the chance to watch any episode, I usually just pick whatever strikes my fancy, or--like last time-- I end up choosing a random disc and going from there. That time I ended up with Evolution 1 and 2. A bit shippy there! Woohoo!

Comment

My biggest problem with the rewatch right now is that it just moves to fast. I really can't get in 5 eps a week. And when the eps aren't that shippy I lose interest.

One thing we might consider is selecting one ep per week. I think I could probably handle that. We could choose one from the rewatch schedule or take them at random.

Since Sara already brought up Frozen I'm going to try and watch that one and comment on it this week.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
            My biggest problem with the rewatch right now is that it just moves to fast. I really can't get in 5 eps a week. And when the eps aren't that shippy I lose interest.

One thing we might consider is selecting one ep per week.
            I think I could probably handle that. We could choose one from the rewatch schedule or take them at random.

Since Sara already brought up Frozen I'm going to try and watch that one and comment on it this week.
            Why not just do a rewatch of all the shippy episodes of SG-1? It might be best to first have everyone decide which episodes are shippy and which aren't, but then you could all watch the shippy ones and discuss them here (since it's mostly the shippy parts of the eps that are discussed here). And hey, if those happen to fit in the GW Rewatch schedule too then that's even better
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I am sooooo behind on the re-watch! Today I watched season 3 Proving Ground, and there was nothing shippy in that ep!

Yesterday was Shades of Grey... oh the shippy angst!!
              Maybe not shippy bits, but there were a couple of very cute scenes - like where Sam tells Jack he's bleeding all over the floor of her lab. And the scene where they're in the commissary discussing the recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                Maybe not shippy bits, but there were a couple of very cute scenes - like where Sam tells Jack he's bleeding all over the floor of her lab. And the scene where they're in the commissary discussing the recruits.
                Oopsie! Episode title snafu. I meant New Ground from season 3, not Proving Ground from season 5! New Ground had no shippy bits, but Proving Ground did... I loved the banter over jello in the commissary!!

Comment

Watched Maternal Instinct today. Nothing shippy, but Sam did help Jack take off his flack vest, so there was touching involved!!

Comment

Watched Maternal Instinct today. Nothing shippy, but Sam did help Jack take off his flack vest, so there was touching involved!!
                    She was behind him. There was more touching than we saw.

(Did I just dip my toe into the gutter? Bad toe! )

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                      She was behind him. There was more touching than we saw.

(Did I just dip my toe into the gutter? Bad toe! )
                      Don't mind a little dip in the gutter now and again! Speaking of which...

Watched Crystal Skull today! The one where Sam was practically sitting in Jack's lap during the briefing! Where he catches her and carries her back to the gate after having been exposed to radiation! And after he wakes up, he asks about her first. I've got my shippy glasses on!!

Comment

Isn't always interesting that he almost always calls out or her first when checking on the team? It is usually rousing in confusion from unconsiousness. See -I have super strong shippy glasses.
                        sigpic
                        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                          Isn't always interesting that he almost always calls out or her first when checking on the team? It is usually rousing in confusion from unconsiousness. See -I have super strong shippy glasses.
                          Well, besides the fact that he's in love with her, she is his second in command and would check on her first for the security of the team. But it's mostly because he adores her.
                          sigpic
                          My Stories: FFdotNet
                          My Stories AO3
                          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Don't mind a little dip in the gutter now and again! Speaking of which...

Watched Crystal Skull today! The one where Sam was practically sitting in Jack's lap during the briefing! Where he catches her and carries her back to the gate after having been exposed to radiation! And after he wakes up, he asks about her first. I've got my shippy glasses on!!

sigpic

Comment

after watching Point of view the other day i was wondering what do you think would be the weirdest way for jack and sam to meet up?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                                after watching Point of view the other day i was wondering what do you think would be the weirdest way for jack and sam to meet up?
                                As in, the most awkward way they could meet in an AU? Out of the infinite possibilities?

Hmmm... I'd have to say... It'd be pretty awkward if Jack was a dentist and Sam was his patient and the first time he saw her she was in the patient's chair with her teeth being cleaned. Doing that weirdo "mouth open" grin and everything...

Weird mental image there. Guh. Let's not think about that anymore. As much as I like clean teeth, dentists kinda give me the heebies. No offense to all you dentists on here. You guys are awesome, and I have loads of respect for you... but still-- better you than me!

Comment

Working...
                                X