Sam Carter/Daniel Jackson Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsaxlady
    Hey guys I'm such a non-shipper - I really could care less about any shippy stuff. I do kid around with folks in a couple of other threads that are shippers and post pictures here and there. I just saw this thread for the first time and I know a couple of you had a rough day from a few die hard S/J folks so here are a couple pics for you

Thanks. I'm glad you stopped by! Hope to see you around here again.
    Thanks Jess for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by JessM
      I totally agree with you on that. I think the people who are vehemently disagreeing with you are being defensive of their ship. They're diehard s/j fans and probably feel that someone saying that ship (which they somehow take to mean THEIR ship) split the show is blasphemy. They're afraid to admit it, it's almost like anathema.

I was blasted about this, too. And the constant pics from other ships that you mentioned almost drove me over the edge. I post S/D pics to counter them and they start teasing nonstop. It made me write something sarcastic and then say that I feel like people are ganging up on me. I probably went too far in doing that, because I received a 3-part PM about it, especially in how I seem to have a chip on my shoulder and how they're just teasing. I suppose they could be right and that I'm acting stupid. But I just feel like we can't win over there. I'm kind of ambivalent about posting there again, despite the fact that the person who PM'd me says that I should and not worry. *sigh*

Sorry if I've bored anyone with this, but I needed to get it off my chest.
      I'm sorry to hear that you and Fishyyone had such a hard time. I know what it is like to be teased. It has never happened here but it has in real life. People who tease about personal things or mistakes you have made or even ships in this case do not really care about the person's feelings about things. When I was like 5 years old the teens at our church desided it would be funny to call me Little Debbycake (it is the name of a snack food brand). It used to drive me nuts! When I started to ignore them they stopped. Now I am known all over the place as Debbycake. To say the least it stuck and it doesn't bother me anymore. I know that was slightly off topic but maybe it will help you guys.

*hugs*
      Thanks Jess for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by fishyone
        Need this, too.

His arm is on her back.
        I hadn't scrolled all the way down to begin with and I thought it looked like he had his arm around her.
        Thanks Jess for the Sig!

Comment

I made me a Sam/Daniel wallpaper as therapy. I'm better, but not cured...

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1.../allthings.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...hingssepia.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...ssepiablue.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...gssepiared.jpg

I know the first one probably got shrunk because of photobucket...
          These are great! Keep 'em coming!
          Thanks Jess for the Sig!

Comment

I just thought that I would wish everybody here a happy Ascention Day!
            Thanks Jess for the Sig!

Comment

I'm in agreement with you. Actually, I'm done over there. I can't do it. I see s/j almost nonstop, and I can't believe they have the nerve to tell us that we're being defensive about ship. I just feel like anything (and I do mean anything) I post will be taken the wrong way as anti-s/j, and I'll get ridiculed.
              Thanks. I made a few gen posts when they talked about the Sam, Daniel and Teal'c friendships in season 9, but that was all I could do. I just received yet another PM about "taking offense." It does seem deliberate to me, although after this happened I noticed a decrease in the S/J stuff. But I'm with you, I'm afraid that they'll take anything I say the wrong way, which is what they seem to be doing even now.

Comment

Need this, too.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1.../armonback.jpg

His arm is on her back.
                Ah... *happy sigh* I'd post one too but photobucket is being weird now... oh, well...

Then there is that time in Ex Deus Machina where she has her hand on his back...I think?

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                  Hey guys I'm such a non-shipper - I really could care less about any shippy stuff. I do kid around with folks in a couple of other threads that are shippers and post pictures here and there. I just saw this thread for the first time and I know a couple of you had a rough day from a few die hard S/J folks so here are a couple pics for you

Thanks so much, tsaxlady, the pics help a lot. That's so sweet of you.

Comment

Hmm... Having difficulty remembering anything besides Daniel taking Tonane into the storage closet and saying it's a part of the base no one really sees...
                    Yeah, that ep is a bit forgetable with me, too... I only remember it from when I made screencaps, lol. There was a scene also where Tonane was talking about the bird being Xaels (I know I spelled that wrong...lol)... or maybe it was about the wolf being Takaya... but at one point Sam turns around and Daniel is staring at her.

I did think that Sam acted almost like Jack a few times too, especially when Daniel thought he heard Xaels grant their request to free SG-11, but both Sam and Tonane thought he said he'd think about it. Daniel says "Are you sure? I mean..." And she interrupts with something like "Daniel, forget it, let's... just let the bird think about it." Kind of sounds like a Jack thing to say. I would have thought she'd be a little more patient or something...but that's just me. I wonder if it has something to do with her commanding SG-1 for that mission.

There's also that scene where they go inside SG-11's tent and see the email or whatever it was from Lt. Connor. Daniel sort of, um, sticks his finger under his waistband, like he's making sure his fly isn't open or something, lol...

Oh! Almost forgot... when Sam regains consciousness in that "prison" or whatever it was that they were in, she goes over to Daniel and bends down to make sure he's all right.

Almost can't believe I remember that. I guess screen caps are good for jogging the memory.

Comment

Thanks, Jess. I'll check that as soon as I have a chance.... Evil posts and making walls distracted me... (well, and watching Pride & Prejudice and dying my hair, but that was off-topic). So I'll check that out soon... And then I will have a new Sam wall... Muhahaha... And it will only be posted here on gateworld... And the Gate, and Jess' forum...
                      No prob. It sounds great, can't wait to see it. Aw I totally understand about evil posts and stuff distracting you... happened with me, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.SamanthaCarter
                        LOL....that scene cracks me up every time! I think it's funny when he says "Oh, that's very good! Did you draw that
                        yourself?"
                        Oh, I know! Just the way he says it, and the "it's a duck, right?" part... you should have seen me when I was making screencaps of that scene. I had to keep pausing it because I was cracking up, lol...

Comment

Originally posted by debbycake
                          I'm sorry to hear that you and Fishyyone had such a hard time. I know what it is like to be teased. It has never happened here but it has in real life. People who tease about personal things or mistakes you have made or even ships in this case do not really care about the person's feelings about things. When I was like 5 years old the teens at our church desided it would be funny to call me Little Debbycake (it is the name of a snack food brand). It used to drive me nuts! When I started to ignore them they stopped. Now I am known all over the place as Debbycake. To say the least it stuck and it doesn't bother me anymore. I know that was slightly off topic but maybe it will help you guys.

*hugs*
                          Thanks, debby. *hugs back* It does make me feel better. I know exactly how you feel because I was teased a lot, too, especially in elementary school. A lot of the kids at my school were psychotic, and I really didn't have such a great time. I sometimes got teased in junior high school, but I learned to ignore it and they let up... plus I think they'd gotten a bit more mature, lol. I can imagine how that "Little Debbycake" must have driven you nuts, I'm sorry they did that to you.

I've been in situations where people would pick on me (not just in real life but online too) because they knew it would push buttons with me. If I objected to it and asked them to stop, they'd act so surprised. I thought, "well you annoy me, what do you expect?" I guess I need to learn to ignore something if I don't like it, but sometimes it's hard to do when it feels like people are singling you out or taking something you said the wrong way.

And this has turned into another rant I see... ... sorry about that. Thanks again though, I feel better.

Comment

These are great! Keep 'em coming!
                            What she said!

Comment

I just thought that I would wish everybody here a happy Ascention Day!
                              Thanks, and same to you! *sigh* When I was in school I'd get Ascension day off, but now I can't take off from work. Oh, well...

Comment

Originally posted by JessM
                                Ah... *happy sigh* I'd post one too but photobucket is being weird now... oh, well...

Then there is that time in Ex Deus Machina where she has her hand on his back...I think?
                                Don't have that pic from Ex Deus Machina... Do have this:

The really disturbing thing is, this is me on a GOOD day.

Comment

Working...
                                X