No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Daniel Jackson Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's kind of how I remembered it, I just wasn't sure if they'd gone into the entropic cascade failure but I don't remember them saying anything about it. Yeah, that's exactly what raised my eyebrows about it. I guess the distance away from the other Daniel wouldn't matter, but the fact that they were on the same planet would have brought the cascade failure on anyway? Weird that they never addressed it. Again I guess it's one of those things TPTB conveniently forgot about and didn't think anyone would question it. I was worried something would happen to him too, but I'm really glad it didn't. Actually, I should see if there's a thread for Continuum here (I remember there was one for TAOT years ago) and see if anyone talked about that.

Oh yeah, it could get pretty feisty. Once the show ended, things gradually started quieting down. It was still a bit active when the movies came out, but not quite as much. That's definitely one of the advantages of getting into it later. I envy you in that respect

Yay! I'm glad you did I'm curious, what was it about (besides being about Unending)?

Comment

Okay, let me know if you find any mention of it anywhere.

Well, it was after the events of Unending where Vala was telling Sam that she remembered what happened on the Odyssey. I'm pretty sure you've read that one. It's called Never Ending by Betty Bokor.
      sigpic
      Sig by (x)

Comment

Wow, I looked and there are tons of threads here pertaining to Continuum. I wasn't sure where to start so I cheated and I did an internet search on "Stargate Continuum" and "entropic cascade failure", LOL. I did find this at the Stargate Wiki site:

It would appear that entropic cascade failure does not affect multiple versions of the same person living in a timeline where history has been altered by outside influence; in Stargate: Continuum, Dr. Daniel Jackson spent a year in a timeline where Ba'al changed history so that the Stargate was lost in the Arctic in 1939 without any adverse effects despite the fact that his other self in that reality was still alive and living in Egypt ... most likely, since this was technically still his timeline, entropic cascade failure wouldn't affect him as he was still in 'his' universe even if history had been altered.
        So I guess that would explain it?

That sounds pretty familiar, actually. I think I did read it a long time ago. I'm curious to read it again, I'll have to look for it. Just as a little in-joke, does Teal'c call Sam "Samantha" in this one?

Comment

I don't blame you for doing an internet search instead. Otherwise it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack. Thank you for looking it up!

Ah, okay. So the universe is okay with there being two or more of the same persons as long as it happens in their timeline. Doesn't make much sense because you'd think something would have to give from such an anomaly. *shrugs*

Um, i think the story mostly focuses on Sam, Daniel and Vala. Teal'c is only mentioned at the very end. So no "Samantha".
          sigpic
          Sig by (x)

Comment

sigpic
            Sig by (x)

Comment

Originally posted by It's A Paradox View Post
              I don't blame you for doing an internet search instead. Otherwise it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack. Thank you for looking it up!

Ah, okay. So the universe is okay with there being two or more of the same persons as long as it happens in their timeline. Doesn't make much sense because you'd think something would have to give from such an anomaly. *shrugs*

Um, i think the story mostly focuses on Sam, Daniel and Vala. Teal'c is only mentioned at the very end. So no "Samantha".
              No problem!

Yeah, I guess that's what it comes down to. Doesn't really make much sense to me, but I guess they didn't think any of us would think about it. Silly PTB, lol

Oh, okay! I'd read it so long ago, I'd totally forgotten. LOL, it's just funny because she always seems to have Teal'c call Sam "Samantha" in most of her fics, and I've never heard him refer to her that way in the show.

Comment

I remember reading a few stories where Teal'c calls her 'Samantha' before, but i always overlooked it since it's the writer's story not my own. It does seem unusual though since i only remember him calling her by rank and last name. During the events of Unending i could picture him using her first name, since they tried to hint that something might have happened between them, but other than that...nope.
                sigpic
                Sig by (x)

Comment

Yeah, I know what you mean. That's a very good point - I think I could see him doing that if their relationship did progress to that stage. Oh good, I thought it was just me

Comment

No, not just you. It's not enough to turn me off from reading a fic. That would be bad characterization and horrible grammar/spelling errors. If one or both of those things become unbearable within the first two chapters i can't finish it.

I posted a gifset from Thor's Chariot a few days ago on Tumblr. Here's a gif that I decided not to use for that post.

sigpic
                    Sig by (x)

Comment

Yeah, I know what you mean. It's not one of those things that would turn me off from reading a fic, but something that would just kinda stick in my head as a bit odd. I once read a nice fic where Sam was working late and Daniel had left a CD for her with a note to telling her to play a certain song. It was a nice song fic, but then when the author posted more stories, I realized they were all pretty much the same thing (Sam working late, something to do with a song, or Daniel playing music for her). I love all the S/D I can get lol, but sometimes it's nice to try something a bit more different plot-wise.

Gah, I don't know how I missed that! Some of the people I follow spam like crazy, like do 50 posts in a row and I end up missing stuff. I'm going to go back and look, though. I love that gif you posted! I love how they were paired up in this episode and put their heads together to solve the riddles.

Comment

I don't believe i've read that authors S/D stories before. But yeah, trying something different would have been refreshing for a change. I'm glad they wrote for the pairing though, there's not enough S/D fics in the world.

Yeah, i know the feeling. Some of the blogs i follow will post a lot more than 10 posts and i know i end up missing stuff that i probably would have liked. Now that I think about it there's an extension on xkit that will limit the amount of posts that come up on your dashboard from other blogs. I might have to try that. Oh, i enjoyed giffing Thor's Chariot b/c of the many scenes they had together in that episode. I plan on making a gifset for Bloodlines next.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by (x)

Comment

Some Sam/Daniel from Continuum.

sigpic
                          Sig by (x)

Comment

I think her screen name was something like HOUSE.MD.FOREVER. I guess it's not a big deal if you have a couple of stories that are similar, but when it seems like it's every one, then it's a little bit much, lol. I'd done two similar stories where Daniel was jealous when seeing Sam with another guy, started acting a bit stupid and then suddenly grabbed and kissed her. They were AU versions of Enigma and Message In A Bottle (AU in that Sha're wasn't a factor lol). At the time I didn't think anything of it, but when I read them later on I was pretty embarrassed.

Oh wow, I didn't know that! I have xkit too, but I got it mostly to blacklist tags or block posts that annoyed me (some of my followers will post the same annoying things, and it's no longer a matter of just quickly scrolling past to avoid them lol). I should look into that. I finally saw your Thor's Chariot gifset and I loved it I reblogged it! I can't wait to see the Bloodlines one!

Aw, love that pic! There are a few nice ones of them together from Continuum. I bet you can imagine my reaction when I first saw them, after the big letdown of season 10

Comment

I think the extension is called 'limit people'. Are they posting the exact same posts over and over again or is it just similar in some way? 'Cause i think there's an extension for that too. If the post has been on your dashboard before then the extension will darken it and you won't be able to see said post unless you click on it yourself.

Thanks! I'm glad you love the gifset! Most of the ppl who follow me are 'friendshippers' but it's nice to know there are some fellow S/D shippers following me too.

Also the letdown of The Ark of Truth. Oh, yeah, i imagine you were blowing up balloons. Possibly throwing confetti...

Spoiler:
                              sigpic
                              Sig by (x)

Comment

Oh okay, I'll check that out. Well, it's not the same post being spammed over and over, but similar types of posts. And they never tag them, which is really annoying so I can't use the "blacklist" option.

You're welcome! Aw, that's really cool. I was rolling my eyes before because one of my followers (who I also follow) reblogged a D/V gifset. And this person never said she was into D/V, she was just a Daniel fan who mostly prefers him from the early seasons. So that was an unpleasant surprise.

You nailed it! Actually I think there was a promo pic from Ark of Truth that showed Sam and Daniel standing next to each other (along with the others) off-world. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw it.

Comment

Working...
                                X