No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Daniel Jackson Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just don't like wasting time on something i know i'm not going to like. From what i've read of the spoilers i would find some of Daniel's actions pretty OOC tbh and that would bug the heck out of me.

Nope, we haven't mentioned that scene in FIAD yet. Thanks for pointing it out!

Thanks for mentioning Chimera, Late2theGate! I need all the help i can get.

So that makes:
    COTG (2)
    The Enemy Within (1)
    The Torment of Tantalus (1)
    Singularity (1)
    Bloodlines(1)
    The Serpents Lair (1)
    FIAD (2)
    Chimera (1)
    sigpic
    Sig by (x)

Comment

sigpic
      Sig by (x)

Comment

Originally posted by It's A Paradox View Post
        I just don't like wasting time on something i know i'm not going to like. From what i've read of the spoilers i would find some of Daniel's actions pretty OOC tbh and that would bug the heck out of me.

Nope, we haven't mentioned that scene in FIAD yet. Thanks for pointing it out!

Thanks for mentioning Chimera, Late2theGate! I need all the help i can get.

So that makes:
        COTG (2)
        The Enemy Within (1)
        Singularity (1)
        Bloodlines(1)
        The Serpents Lair (1)
        FIAD (2)
        Chimera (1)
        I don't blame you. That was why I was glad the UK was getting the second half of that season before us. I was able to rely on some like-minded friends to let me know if the episodes were worth watching or not. I think I only ended up watching 4 out of that second half. Yeah, they did seem very OOC to me. In the S/D group I belonged to on Yahoo, we had people in that group who were always thinking positive about the episodes that season, and even they were ranting about that episode. I wrote a fic fix-it for that one. It was very satisfying to write.

You're welcome! I'm looking back through my screencaps for more. I don't know if this counts, but there's the scene at the end of Emancipation where Daniel tells Abu and Nya that he hopes they have many sons, and then Sam nudges him and he says "And daughters." Oh! And there's also Prisoners where Sam goes up to him and runs her fingers through his hair after that guy strangled him.

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
          I don't blame you. That was why I was glad the UK was getting the second half of that season before us. I was able to rely on some like-minded friends to let me know if the episodes were worth watching or not. I think I only ended up watching 4 out of that second half. Yeah, they did seem very OOC to me. In the S/D group I belonged to on Yahoo, we had people in that group who were always thinking positive about the episodes that season, and even they were ranting about that episode. I wrote a fic fix-it for that one. It was very satisfying to write.

You're welcome! I'm looking back through my screencaps for more. I don't know if this counts, but there's the scene at the end of Emancipation where Daniel tells Abu and Nya that he hopes they have many sons, and then Sam nudges him and he says "And daughters." Oh! And there's also Prisoners where Sam goes up to him and runs her fingers through his hair after that guy strangled him.
          Was that the fix-it you mentioned in a post a few years ago about a certain person beating up another certain person as a way of venting? Or are you talking about another fix-it fic you wrote later on after you cooled down a bit. Hehe.

I forgot about that cute little moment in Emancipation! I might be able to use it in the video, I guess i'll just have to wait and see.

I just watched that episode today and i loved how she caresses his hair after checking his pulse. I think later on after Daniel wakes up Sam grabs his hand for a moment but with the way the camera is angled you can't see it. There's also a touch in Serpent's Song.

So that makes:
          COTG (2)
          The Enemy Within (1)
          Emancipation (1)
          Singularity (1)
          Bloodlines(1)
          The Serpents Lair (1)
          Prisoners(1)
          Serpents Song (1)
          FIAD (2)
          Chimera (1)
          sigpic
          Sig by (x)

Comment

LOL! Actually, it was another fic I'd written later on after thinking about the episode more. It's called "Unexpected Souvenir."

Okay, cool! That moment was so cute.

Oh yeah, I think I remember that from Prisoners too. And the one from Serpent's Song, that was after he'd talked to Apophis, right? When Sam told him that the Tok'ra were coming or something like that?

There was also the scene in Need when they were in Hammond's office and Daniel tried to submit his resignation. He collapsed and Sam had grabbed him when he was on the floor. What about the scene in Gamekeeper when Daniel first saw his parents get crushed? Right after that when they were sitting and Sam was talking, I thought she'd touched his arm, but I can't really tell from my screencaps. I think there was a scene at some point during that part when they were in that virtual reality where she'd touched his arm or something.

There was also a scene in Deadmans Switch, I think right after Aris Boch found them. It shows them walking away through the forest and Sam puts her hand on Daniel's back.

Comment

I read and loved the fic, Jess! I'll definitely be adding it to my faves.

Originally posted by JessM View Post
              Oh yeah, I think I remember that from Prisoners too. And the one from Serpent's Song, that was after he'd talked to Apophis, right? When Sam told him that the Tok'ra were coming or something like that?
              Yep, that's the one.

I watch The Gamekeeper recently and, sadly, i don't remember her touching him in comfort. If there was such a scene then i missed it.

COTG (2)
              The Enemy Within (1)
              Emancipation (1)
              Singularity (1)
              Bloodlines(1)
              Need (1)
              The Serpents Lair (1)
              Prisoners(1)
              Serpents Song (1)
              Deadman Switch (1)
              FIAD (3)
              Chimera (1)
              sigpic
              Sig by (x)

Comment

sigpic
                Sig by (x)

Comment

Aw, thanks so much! I'm so glad you liked it. It made me feel better to write it. I wanted to do more with the emotions, like Sam's annoyance with Vala and her conversations with Daniel, but I wanted to keep it a little realistic to the episode.

Yeah, the more I look at the screencaps from it, the more you can't tell if she's got her hand on his arm... it's looking more to me like she doesn't. Oh well.

Oh, I think I've got another one... In The Curse, at the end after Osiris knocks them all out, Sam rushes over to Daniel and bends down to check on him.

I don't know if these would work...I don't know if this is too sad to put in, but she also touches him in Meridian, the "I don't know why we wait to tell people how we really feel" scene. And then in Fallen when they first see Daniel, Sam reaches out to touch him (but he pushes her hand away).

There's also Resurrection, that scene towards the end when Sam finds Daniel lying on the floor and touches him (the scene that the unfortunately not real promo pic of them kissing comes from ).

I'll think through the rest and see what I can find.

Comment

I left you a little review just to let you know that i really did enjoy it.

Ah, yes, more lovely little scenes where our science twins come into physical contact. I shall add them to the list. Thanks for the help btw. It would take me forever doing this on my own.

If only they had kept that kiss in the episode. *sigh* At least we got a lovely picture out of it.

'2010' has been added to the list, for obvious reasons.

COTG (2)
                    The Enemy Within (1)
                    Emancipation (1)
                    Singularity (1)
                    Bloodlines(1)
                    Need (1)
                    The Serpents Lair (1)
                    Prisoners(1)
                    Serpents Song (1)
                    Deadman Switch (1)
                    FIAD (3)
                    The Curse (1)
                    2010 (2)
                    Meridian (1)
                    Fallen (1)
                    Chimera (1)
                    Resurrection (1)
                    sigpic
                    Sig by (x)

Comment

sigpic
                      Sig by (x)

Comment

I got your review, thank you so much!! It really means a lot.

No problem at all. I love helping and revisiting all that lovely closeness. Just thought of some more: Sacrifices, after Ry'ac and his girlfriend come through the gate. In the very beginning, there's a part where Sam takes Daniel's arm as they turn back around, and of course the part where they're smiling at Ry'ac and Sam kinda takes hold of his hand on her shoulder.

There's also the scene in Ex Deus Machina where Daniel helps her move her stuff back into her lab, and she touches his back.

Comment

sigpic
                          Sig by (x)

Comment

You're welcome! Reviews are what help keep a writer going and it only takes a minute or two at the most to let the author know your thoughts.

Speaking of lovely closeness, i just love how close they walk together in this scene while Sam talks about her ex-fiance.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention this but I finally started S10. I watched Morpheus yesterday. So if you have any cringeworthy moments you'd like to mention, i'm all ears. And I loved the episodes we had with T/V. The only canon pairing i find myself liking on this show.

COTG (2)
                            The Enemy Within (1)
                            Emancipation (1)
                            Singularity (1)
                            Bloodlines(1)
                            Need (1)
                            The Serpents Lair (1)
                            Prisoners(1)
                            Serpents Song (1)
                            Deadman Switch (1)
                            FIAD (3)
                            The Curse (1)
                            2010 (2)
                            Meridian (1)
                            Fallen (1)
                            Chimera (1)
                            Resurrection (1)
                            Sacrifices (2)
                            Ex Deus Machina (1)
                            sigpic
                            Sig by (x)

Comment

Yes, exactly! I sometimes say that feedback is food for the fic writer's soul

Aw, me too! I loved how interested Daniel was when Sam was talking about Jonas, especially the way he said "What did you see in him?" I loved to see them getting pretty close already so early on in the show.

Yeah, I really liked T/V too. I was glad they were together again in Ark of Truth. That was the only thing I liked about that one. Hoo boy, um... well, I guess to start with, since you mentioned Morpheus, I pretty much cringed when Daniel nearly compared Vala to Teal'c (when he argued to Landry for Vala to join the team, he said something about Jack having that very conversation with Hammond about Teal'c joining SG-1). The next episode, The Pegasus Project, the scenes with D/V talking to Morgan Le Fay were annoying... Vala kept interrupting and Daniel would snap at her. I just felt like yelling "SHUT UP!" at the screen.

Let's see... well, MS wasn't in the next two episodes... the 200th episode I found pretty cheesy, at least some of it. Memento Mori is the one with the "dinner date" Daniel and Vala go on. I pretty much disliked the whole episode...the ending in particular made me cringe (and as for Sam's reaction... I won't spoil you if you don't want me to, but I had a theory about it). In the Company of Thieves... Daniel's behavior bugged me. He acted like he didn't really care much about what Sam had gone through, and the way he talked when he was sitting in the captain's chair... yup, Jack had really rubbed off on him, lol. The Quest Part 1, Adria threatened to kill them all, starting with Sam and Daniel actually defended her. I liked that part. Part 2 was trying to push D/V again, pretty annoying. Um... The Shroud had a cringeworthy moment when Vala was sitting on Daniel's lap. There was an episode about Vala's dad that I found pretty silly, um... Family Ties it was called. That's about it, except for the cringeworthiest of all, Unending. I was disappointed the way they pretty much kept pairing Sam and Daniel off with others during the missions and they didn't really have much interaction.

Oh, speaking of which, don't know if you wanted to use that moment from Morpheus, where they're trying to keep each other awake and Sam touches Daniel on the shoulder.

Comment

I didn't care very much for the whole Teal'c/Vala comparison in that episode either. I found it pretty forced and thought they could have come about it another way. When Vala came into the picture at the beginning of S9 it was to find some treasure and in the process they unleashed the Ori onto the Milky Way Galaxy. When Teal'c joined the Tauri he left his way of life, his home, his family, everything behind in hope that he could free his ppl one day. As for all the other scenes you mentioned I'll keep an eye out for those moments and see how i feel about them. I'll probably ask about your theory after I watch Memento Mori, if you don't mind, so i'll know what your talking about when you tell me.

I'll add it to the list, and if i don't use it for the one i'm working on i'll use for another one i have in mind.

COTG (3)
                                The Enemy Within (1)
                                Emancipation (1)
                                Singularity (1)
                                Bloodlines(1)
                                Need (1)
                                The Serpents Lair (1)
                                Prisoners(1)
                                Serpents Song (1)
                                Deadman Switch (1)
                                FIAD (3)