Sam Carter/Daniel Jackson Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, Jess! How are you doing?

I think it would be very reasonable to have it at the SGC considering all that he did over the years them and it's likely that the Tok'ra would want to attend too since he was a host to Selmak for many years.

And a Happy New Year to you and everyone else on this thread!

sigpic
    Sig by (x)

Comment

sigpic
      Sig by (x)

Comment

Originally posted by It's A Paradox View Post
        Hey, Jess! How are you doing?

I think it would be very reasonable to have it at the SGC considering all that he did over the years them and it's likely that the Tok'ra would want to attend too since he was a host to Selmak for many years.

And a Happy New Year to you and everyone else on this thread!
        Hey Paradox! I'm doing alright, thanks1 Christmas was a bit sad with my grandmother gone, and my uncle drove us all nuts lol, but despite that we managed to have a nice time.

Thanks for the input, I really appreciate it! I think you're right, and I agree that the Tok'ra would probably attend as well. Do you think that General Hammond would make it there from Homeworld Security too, seeing as he seemed close to Jacob back in season 2 (I think it was in The Tok'ra when Jacob was in the hospital, Hammond told Sam and she said he wouldn't want her there, and Hammond said something like "I know Jacob, and he would never think that"). I wonder if it'd be okay for him to say some things about Jacob, or if it's more appropriate for Sam to do it. I could see her standing there and thinking how glad she was that Hammond was saying it, because it was a bit hard for her to keep her composure after losing Jacob like this.

Thanks so much, same to you!!

Comment

Originally posted by It's A Paradox View Post
          Thank you for mentioning the deleted scene and welcome to the thread! I can't believe i didn't say something sooner, but better late than never.
          Thanks Paradox!

Comment

Welcome from me, too! I know I'm late too, been dealing with so much craziness lately. But it's great to have you here, Late2theGate! (love your screen name too)

I also missed that discussion about that deleted scene. I felt bad when I saw Daniel's rather lukewarm reception of Sam in that episode, and then when Sam wondered why Daniel hadn't visited her like he did with Jack and Teal'c. Then I learned of that deleted scene, but I'd disagree with Daniel that he didn't think she needed him like Jack or Teal'c did. What about in Metamorphosis when Nirrti was reading her DNA and basically torturing her with that? I thought I read a fix-it fanfic where Daniel was there and trying to comfort her while that was going on. I should see if I can find it.

I mean, I guess you could say that he had faith in Sam that she could get through it on her own, that he thought she was strong enough. But still, I wish he'd been there... or in the least that they'd kept that scene in. I heard that both Amanda and Michael wanted it, so they filmed it but TPTB never intended to put it in there. That really annoyed me.

Comment

sigpic
              Sig by (x)

Comment

I always assumed that Hammond and Jacob knew each other pretty well, as for how close the writers on the show never say. So it's entirely up to you to fill in the blanks really.
                As for Sam, Revelations comes to mind, where Jack and Teal'c hid their emotions pretty well and Sam was the opposite, questioning their behavior concerning Daniel. So I can see General Hammond taking her place and speaking at the memorial on her behalf or Sam saying a few words instead, trying to keep composure while doing so or they both could speak. It all depends on what you believe would happen in this setting with these characters.
                I really look forward to reading your story and I hope i helped you somehow.

You're welcome, Late2thegate!
                sigpic
                Sig by (x)

Comment

sigpic
                  Sig by (x)

Comment

Thanks Jess! Hope things are settling down for you.

Wish they would have left that scene in too, or at least included it on the DVD. Something like that would have just provided some closure. During the briefing early in Full Circle, you could tell Sam felt a bit left out when both Jack and Teal'c said that they had seen Daniel.
                    Last edited by Late2theGate; 04 January 2015, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
                      Hey guys, sorry it's been a bit longer than I planned, but things were so busy with Christmas and all. Thanks for those pics Paradox, they definitely help And thanks so much, Skywise, it really means a lot. It really is! I'll continue to keep you posted on it.

Was thinking about that fic I was thinking of writing (about Jacob's death). Does it sound reasonable that they'd have a memorial service for him at the SGC (like they did for Janet in Heroes)? At first I wondered if they'd have it somewhere else, like in Washington DC, but since he was host to Selmak and all that, I guess it makes more sense for them to do it at the SGC, right?

Happy New Year everyone!!
                      I know its late, but Happy New Year!

And you are very welcome, m'dear! Its never easy losing a loved one, especially one you are very close to, but I'm sure your grandmother was a wonderful person who wouldn't want you to be sad, so I'm glad to hear you have other family and friends who are there for you (and you for them, of course!)

Thank you so much again for your help in finding out about the archive and keeping me up-to-date. I've been pretty sick with a chronic illness for several years now and reading (especially fanfiction) and writing (original work as well as fanfiction, o' course! (None very good, though, I think.)) has kept me from going absolutely nuts.

As for your story idea, I think its not only reasonable, but appropriate that a memorial service be held at Star-Gate Command. Even though he was mostly off-planet working with the Tok'ra, he was pretty much the liaison between the allies and an integral 'unofficial' member of the mountain. Really, he was probably the only reason the Tok'ra ever even acknowledged the SGC.

(And sorry if you don't want me calling you things like 'm'dear' and other things like that, its just a habit of mine that I do with everyone, but please tell if you don't want me to. I promise I won't be offended...much... ;p)

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
                        I thought I read a fix-it fanfic where Daniel was there and trying to comfort her while that was going on. I should see if I can find it.
                        If you can, that would be great.

sigpic
                        Sig by (x)

Comment

sigpic
                          Sig by (x)

Comment

Aw, I love that workout scene from Orpheus so much...and I loved how they worked together a bit in Revisions

That's okay Skywise lol, I don't mind that at all! The only thing I ever minded was when my ex-husband would call me "honey" in a very patronizing way (he was a big phony with showing feelings & had a lot of other issues that I won't go into...). So you're good. I'm sorry you've been sick My uncle has had a lot of health issues over the past year so I totally sympathize. I hope you start feeling better soon. I'm glad that reading & writing has helped you though! I'd love to read some of your fanfiction.

Thanks so much guys for the input on my story. It really helps and I think I'm getting a better idea of how I want to do this. Hopefully I'll have something to show for it soon.

Comment

sigpic
                              Sig by (x)

Comment

I know! I love that they got to work together in Revisions, especially that candlelight dinner.

sigpic
                                Sig by (x)

Comment

Working...
                                X