No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Daniel Jackson Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It all sounds good to me! What can we do to get your muse to stirring?

I love the music that goes along with that scene. If I had watched never watched any other episode in SG-1 and I started with this one i would have thought that there might have been a little something between them tbh.

Also, i think i might have an idea for my next Sam/Daniel sig now.
    sigpic
    Sig by (x)

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by It's A Paradox View Post
          It all sounds good to me! What can we do to get your muse to stirring?

I love the music that goes along with that scene. If I had watched never watched any other episode in SG-1 and I started with this one i would have thought that there might have been a little something between them tbh.

Also, i think i might have an idea for my next Sam/Daniel sig now.
          Hmm, maybe talking a bit more about the S/D moments in it?

I think my muse came up with an idea for another fic. Actually it kinda hits home for me with losing my grandmother... I was thinking of a fic set right after Jacob dies and they have a memorial service for him. It's been a while since I last watched season 8, but did they say anything about a memorial service for him or anything? I just remember the scene where he was dying. I thought they could have it after Daniel comes back and Sam is clearly upset and he comforts her. I think this is a fic I need to write, basically to help me cope with my loss too. With it almost being Christmas I'm especially depressed.

Me too, it was so well done.

Yay, I can't wait to see what you come up with.

I love that scene, SOtogether, thanks for posting those.

Comment

Okay, let's see, there's these two moments we haven't touched upon yet...

You should write that fic, especially if you feel that it would help you cope with what you've been through the last couple of weeks. I looked through the transcript for the episode and it has no mention of a memorial service for Jacob. It just skipped that whole part. I guess the writers didn't think it important enough to add to the episode but the shipping anvils were.

I finished up season 6 last night and couldn't help but notice that Sam felt so left out that Ascended!Daniel never visted her but did so with Jack and Teal'c.
            Last edited by itsaparadox; 24 December 2014, 07:47 PM.
            sigpic
            Sig by (x)

Comment

Was there a deleted scene where Daniel told Sam that she didn't need him to visit her the way Jack and Teal'c did? Thought I remember reading that, or hearing it in the commentary...or I'm making it up because there should have been a scene like that

Happy Holidays everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Late2theGate View Post
                Was there a deleted scene where Daniel told Sam that she didn't need him to visit her the way Jack and Teal'c did? Thought I remember reading that, or hearing it in the commentary...or I'm making it up because there should have been a scene like that

Happy Holidays everyone!
                I watched with the commentary and there wasn't any mention of a deleted scene in it. Maybe i missed it? I really wish there had been a scene for this.
                sigpic
                Sig by (x)

Comment

Could have also been in the commentary for Abyss or The Changeling. Might not have actually filmed it but I really thought I heard/read somewhere that they had wanted to address Sam's disappointment that Daniel didn't pay her a visit.

Comment

I haven't seen the commentary to Abyss or The Changeling. I'll check those two out and see if i can find a mention of it.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by (x)

Comment

I went back and watch Full Circle with the commentary certain that i might have missed a mention of that deleted scene and I assumed right. I'll leave what Martin Wood said about it right here for anyone who hasn't seen the episode with the commentary.

"Now this scene was actually longer, when the original, when i did my director's cut. When i shot the scene there was a whole scene between Carter and Daniel and it was added because Amanda felt that when she first sees Daniel for the first time that it's necessary for her to, to um, re-engage with him, and sort of reconnect with him. And it's funny because the whole scene had to be cut out because of time. We were nine minutes heavy when we finished cutting the show. It works without it, it's just that you're missing that piece. You're missing that bit without the connection."
                      sigpic
                      Sig by (x)

Comment

Thanks for posting! Glad I wasn't imagining things

Comment

Thank you for mentioning the deleted scene and welcome to the thread! I can't believe i didn't say something sooner, but better late than never.

sigpic
                          Sig by (x)

Comment

sigpic
                            Sig by (x)

Comment

(I think I'm gonna just put disclaimers before my posts if I visit at night, cuz I'm never sure if what I say makes sense to anyone but myself; but the bit right below this is sincere, so I hope it comes across that way.)

Hey all, again! Sorry its been so long. Since its been a lil bit since I posted, I read through the last few pages and JessM, I'm so sorry about your grandmother. Like Paradox said, I know its what people always say, AND I know we just 'met' each other, but it was not hard to read that you were close with your grandmother. So I hope you believe me, too, that I do - - truly mean it when I say I'm sorry for your loss.

And as for the Scientific Minds Archive, I figured it was Real Life that Maureen was busy with. RL can be a real pain in the Mikta, can't it?

P.S. I Hope I spelled 'Mikta' right!

Comment

Hey guys, sorry it's been a bit longer than I planned, but things were so busy with Christmas and all. Thanks for those pics Paradox, they definitely help And thanks so much, Skywise, it really means a lot. It really is! I'll continue to keep you posted on it.

Was thinking about that fic I was thinking of writing (about Jacob's death). Does it sound reasonable that they'd have a memorial service for him at the SGC (like they did for Janet in Heroes)? At first I wondered if they'd have it somewhere else, like in Washington DC, but since he was host to Selmak and all that, I guess it makes more sense for them to do it at the SGC, right?

Happy New Year everyone!!

Comment

Working...
                                X