Sam Carter/Daniel Jackson Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debbycake
    Jess, Fishy, I'm glad you enjoy my captioning. You guys are great with the captions as well! Keep up the good work!
    Thank you, debby!

Comment

Originally posted by fishyone
      So...I have to run off and leave the forum for awhile. (It's been fun, but I'm supposed to be at a Stargate marathon...) But I was thinking that, as great as the caps are, we should add some discussion to this thread, too. I know people have previously discussed their favorite Sam/Daniel moments... But how about this: an episode by episode discussion of Sam/Daniel interaction?
      (the good, the bad, and the ugly )

So... I'll start. Children of the Gods: When they meet, Sam calls herself "doctor" when she insisted Jack call her by rank. She knew that she'd like Daniel. And then that great scene in the cartouche room where they start talking about spatial drift and finishing each other's sentences...

Anyone else got more for that episode? I know there's more...but I'm in kind of a hurry...
      Great idea... we can still post pictures here, but I think it's great to have some more discussion as well. Let's see... COTG....

Oh, there was a scene later when they were imprisoned on Chulak. After Daniel regains consciousness, at some point he is telling Sam about that was Apophis and how they're living the Book of the Dead.

At the end, the two of them dial the gate and send the GDO signal, and after Daniel goes through the Gate, Sam takes his arm I think to steady him. Something like that.

Oh, and how could I forget...this is the ep where his too-short-lived nickname for Sam, "Captain Doctor" is first heard!

Comment

I guess I'll start some for The Enemy Within...

We have Sam and Daniel giving a briefing together on the DHD (?) before they see Kawalsky in the gateroom.

Then we have the famous, warm and fuzzy scene where they're walking down the corridor and Sam asks Daniel when was the last time he slept. When he tells her how he worries about Sha're, she says that he can't stay awake forever. He tells her "I can try" with that cute sad smile on his face. Before she leaves, she gives him a pat on the shoulder.

That is one of my favorite scenes. It shows how concerned Sam is for Daniel's welfare (mental well-being as well as physical) so early on in their friendship. It was really nice to see.

I have to run. Anyone have anymore for this ep? I think there are a few more...

Comment

More for Enemy Within:

When Kawalsky's having the operation, Sam is sitting next to Daniel and he's excited about what Kawalsky's operation could mean.

And there's always the part near the end where she's talking to Daniel about Kawalsky...how something of the host must survive. She really did show Daniel she cared in that episode.
          The really disturbing thing is, this is me on a GOOD day.

Comment

Emacipation...

Well... Things do get a little...tricky here... I've always thought it was funny that Sam told Daniel to find her an anthropoligist that dresses like this and she would eat that headress... but it's kind of a bad thing that Daniel suggests that she play along with the culture... I think he should have known better...

But then he does look rather dumbstruck by the sight of Sam in the dress.

Any more?

Comment

The one thing I remember from Emacipation is as Daniel is walking out he blows Sam a kiss. That is just about the only thing that I can remember.
              Thanks Jess for the Sig!

Comment

I remembered a couple more things. Daniel tells Turghan that Sam is a great leader among their people. And then Sam elbows Daniel when he's saying something about sons...so he adds daughters and Sam smiles at him.

Comment

Think we may have covered Emacipation...Now for Broca Divide...

Hmm... I remember Daniel was worried about Sam. He wanted to check on her...because she was his friend and he cared about her...and then Jack punched him....

I'm sure they must have interacted more than that in that episode...but I'm having a hard time thinking of how...

Comment

Ah, Broca Divde... they did interact a bit more there. When they were over at the Land of Light, Jack wanted to pack up and leave. Daniel argued against it and even though Sam didn't really say anything, it looked like she didn't really want to leave either.. they both share a sort of disappointed look at the very end of that scene.

Then in the briefing room, Daniel is arguing the military vs. science aspects of the mission. Here Sam does back him up. He says they should have stayed on that planet longer because they could learn more about the Minoan culture. Sam chimes in with, "Not to mention primitive man." They both sort of tell Jack about the broca divide and what it means.

Then they're both doing something with the gate...studying something, maybe some kind of mineral signitures? Not sure... but that's the scene where the two guys fight and crash through the briefing room window. Sam and Daniel were talking about what was up with Johnson (Daniel's quote "I don't know, it didn't seem quite like inebriation" always cracks me up for some reason...).

Comment

I guess I'll go on to The First Commandment.

We see them sitting together on a log and Daniel's eating the famous Macaroni and Cheese MRE that tastes like chicken (nice nod to the movie BTW).

Then they're walking together and Sam is telling Daniel about Jonas...how he likes control. Daniel asks what Sam sees in him. I thought it was interesting how he seemed so interested...but I guess it's his inquisitive nature...

Are there any more moments in that ep?

Comment

Originally posted by debbycake
                        The one thing I remember from Emacipation is as Daniel is walking out he blows Sam a kiss. That is just about the only thing that I can remember.
                        Really?! I never saw that part.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPower
                          Really?! I never saw that part.
                          I think he was actually taping his fingers against his lips and then he took them away... It might have looked like blowing a kiss...

Comment

Originally posted by JessM
                            I guess I'll go on to The First Commandment.

We see them sitting together on a log and Daniel's eating the famous Macaroni and Cheese MRE that tastes like chicken (nice nod to the movie BTW).

Then they're walking together and Sam is telling Daniel about Jonas...how he likes control. Daniel asks what Sam sees in him. I thought it was interesting how he seemed so interested...but I guess it's his inquisitive nature...

Are there any more moments in that ep?
                            The only other thing I can think of is the part where she decides to go down and Daniel and Teal'c just let her go. I've always thought that part was funny.

Comment

Oh, yeah, the "We should have stopped her" ... "We would have failed" part. lol.

Next we have Cold Lazarus. Jack-centered ep basically...but we have Sam and Daniel working together quite a bit... the "Science Twins" really shine here.

First we have them going off together to find the crystals in that pit.

Then we have them talking in the locker room and Sam asking about Jack's family (which is one thing some S/J shippers like to bring up as evidence of their ship...the "why would she be so interested" thing). They talk on the way to the lab and Daniel tells her what happened to Charlie and then Sara.

They study the crystal together closely. I love the part where the face resembling Daniel's suddenly grows in that crystal. His reaction, especially the "Captain Doctor! Teal'c!" is just adorable IMO.

Any other moments here?

Comment

Oh, well... I like the part where they get Teal'c to fire his staff weapon at the crystal... Then he asks them if they got permission and they answer, "Oh, yeah." But you can tell they didn't. Their unison is very cute, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X