No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Daniel Jackson Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys! I still haven't had time to get caught up on all the posts. I know after Sunday night I'll have time. I hope to get my wedding pictures soon so I can post them for those who are interested

Comment

Love all the new SD stuff. Makes me happy.

I couldn't see the pic Dr.Gemini **pouts** Is it just me?

Beaky made a new SD video. You can download from her LJ. http://beakymoose.livejournal.com/ ::grin::

Congratulations Col.Sam! I hope your wedding was everything you wanted it to be.
      sigpic

Banner made by Jess!

Comment

Hi gang! I'll be playing catch-ups tomorrow, but I wanted to swing by and share a drabble I wrote the other night with you all. It's just a teensy bit on thee uh...naughty side, or veers there at least....but otherwise it's pretty much PG.

Hope it's ok to post it, I've never posted fanfic on the forum here, only ever links. If it needs to be a link, I'll get that sorted tomorrow

Oh, fyi...the prompt I used? Mind control

Spoiler:
        Standing before one another, and starting at his shoulders, Sam’s gaze fell to Daniel’s pecks, before finally reaching his abdomen and the bronze buckle on his belt.

Biting her lower lip in concentration, a single thought entered her mind and within seconds he was unfastening his belt.

Her eyes met his and he tilted his head, challenging her.

Almost immediately, she was drawn to pull her T-shirt off; cool air caressed her warm skin when she did.

“This could get...interesting,” he said.

Agreeing, she arched an eyebrow and within moments he was unzipping, his pants falling to his ankles.

Spoiler:
        MULTI-SHIPPER, AND PROUD

My command is this: Love each other as
        I have loved you. Greater love has no man than
        this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
        - John 15:12,13

Comment

Originally posted by DrGemini2405 View Post

Got this recently from Amaranth... who might have probably got it from Jess... who may have got it from a mag, who...

Spoilerised for size...

Spoiler:

Such a great pic. Love AT's smile. It just looks like a family pic.... Drs Jackson, Sam's brother, and a distant but exceedingly close cousin. lol. Not clever enough to think up a caption at this hour, but BB's straight(-ish) Mona Lisa expression and MS' smile make me wonder whether AT has her hands on their bums... or it's CJ's on BB. lol.
          Whoopsy! Sorry, Kitty Carter-Jackson! Not sure what happened but linked from photobucket this time around... heheh, they're touching ears!

Originally posted by MerryK
          Ooh, I like that. Such a nice family it would be (also with Vala as the naughty younger cousin and Jack as the wickedly inappropriate uncle).
          lol! Oh... can so see Jack being 'Uncle Jack' to the many, many little CJ's, and teaching them offensive things to repeat at dinner time.

Originally posted by DropsOfAngst
          Hi gang! I'll be playing catch-ups tomorrow, but I wanted to swing by and share a drabble I wrote the other night with you all. It's just a teensy bit on thee uh...naughty side, or veers there at least....but otherwise it's pretty much PG.

Hope it's ok to post it, I've never posted fanfic on the forum here, only ever links. If it needs to be a link, I'll get that sorted tomorrow

woo! Love it! And it can be developed into a longer story too. Great stuff!

Yikeys... I forgot to post some ficliness last night:

Forgotten -- Sam is upset that Daniel went on a date with Vala. And a different set of events occurs during Unending. Tags for Memento Mori, and missing scenes and tags for Unending. DanielVala – not for DanielVala fans, SamDaniel, CamVala, Teal'cIsh'ta

Jackson Junior: One More Time (finished) -- Set a year after Past and Present, Daniel attracts trouble when he offers Sam the greatest gift imaginable. Meanwhile, a new Doctor begins work at the mountain. SamDaniel, CamVala, Teal’cIsh’ta, JackSara, JonasCarolyn, CassieOC, ShWeir, McCarson, Lornifer, ChaseCameron, WilsonCameron, HouseStacy (retrospective). HouseAtlantisWho crossover.

: )
          Last edited by DrGemini2405; 12 June 2008, 11:20 AM. Reason: curry powder in gumbo is bad for brain cells
          (you'll have to refresh the page if you click 'My FF'; there seems to be a bug on FF's part - my account does still exist!!)

sigpic

Comment

Fic and vids and posts, oh my! Too much to address right now, unfortunately.

Congrats on the nuptials, ColSam! As much as I'm sure everyone's anxious to see some pics, if you want to take some time to enjoy your honeymoon first, I think everyone will understand.

Thanks for the beta offer, DrG. I talked to you about it on Google, so I won't repeat myself!

DropsOfAngst - LOVE that drabble. I was a little concerned at first from the prompt that it'd be a non-con, but since they're both playing, I'm good! Oh, and I definitely vote for a continuation!

And Jess, I've clearly dropped the ball with your fic. I'm going to work on it this weekend and get it back to you ASAP. So sorry!!!
            ~Amaranth Traces

Comment

Ahem. I have an announcement to make.

Spoiler:

Jack: Alright everyone. I need a go/no-go for Thraesja's birthday.

: We're a go, Colonel. Right?
              : Uh...
              : Heh. Y'see, General...

: Don't tell me you forgot!
              : Of course not. I sent my gift off to her. I've just been preoccupied by the fact that her baby's due any day now!
              : Baby, eh? Ya don't say.

: Uh. Sir? You're kinda freaking me out.

: Oh, for crying out loud!! I'm freaking you out? You guys keep changing hairstyles every two seconds!

: Boy, messing with him is fun.
              : Isn't it though?

: Should we mention his haircolour?
              : I'm thinking....no.

Sam: Come on, honey. Let's go see if Thrae's baby has given her the gift of labour for her birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY THRAESJA!!!!!

Lots of love to ya, hon! Hope it's a good and non-labourious day!!
              ~Amaranth Traces

Comment

Originally posted by Amaranth Traces View Post

Spoiler:

Jack: Alright everyone. I need a go/no-go for Thraesja's birthday.

H: We're a go, Colonel. Right?
                D: Uh...
                S: Heh. Y'see, General...

: Don't tell me you forgot!
                : Of course not. I sent my gift off to her. I've just been preoccupied by the fact that her baby's due any day now!
                : Baby, eh? Ya don't say.

: Uh. Sir? You're kinda freaking me out.

: Oh, for crying out loud!! I'm freaking you out? You guys keep changing hairstyles every two seconds!

: Boy, messing with him is fun.
                : Isn't it though?

: Should we mention his haircolour?
                : I'm thinking....no.

Sam: Come on, honey. Let's go see if Thrae's baby has given her the gift of labour for her birthday.

woo, happy birthday Thrae!!! )

rofl! I see you finally got the story up! hee hee, and played on the hairstyle changes. Liked the crack about Jack's hair colour changing. Those two are a coupl'a mischief makers. Good one! I'd give you some green but GW's moaning at me again, so... um... I'll get round to it when my loansharked thumbs have healed (good trick from an intangible site, breaking thumbs...).

Hope you feel better soon! Here's a clone of my Daniel to make you feel all better. he's a bit tired so be gentle.

Ah, and it's dawn. Haven't gone to bed yet, which reminds me of that ep where Sam tells Jack that she hasn't left yet. lol.

Anywho... because I'll get distracted if I act. make a new post...

[new post]

Dropping in to give you some ficliness

Blue Jello, by DrGemini86 (DrGemini24)
                Summary: It's Sam's birthday, and Daniel knows exactly what she wants. Fluffy oneshot set roughly in season 10. SamDaniel. Written for SamDanielthon 2008.
                Pairing: SamDaniel
                Rating: T
                Warning: It's a SamDaniel birthday...
                Category: Established Relationship
                Genres: A/U, Friendship, Holiday, Humour, PWP, Relationship-focussed, Romance-focussed
                Spoilers: Meh
                A/N: Written for the SamDanielthon 2008. Prompts: 'jello', 'his favourite Astrophysicist', 'her favourite Archaeologist'
                Last edited by DrGemini2405; 14 June 2008, 09:02 PM. Reason: I've been up for nineteen hours... I know, I'm going before the silly/drunken spam post stage. 'night folks! :)
                (you'll have to refresh the page if you click 'My FF'; there seems to be a bug on FF's part - my account does still exist!!)

sigpic

Comment

Aw, thanks hun. That's sweet. Very nice of the team to care so much about my birthday that they constantly changed their hairstyles and colours. I had both a good and non-labourious day.

Now I'm very keen on having a labourious day get started, but I'm still waiting on that. Junior's not very sympathetic to my pleas to have him come out. I guess he's comfortable.

woo, happy birthday Thrae!!! )
                  Thanks Gem!

Sorry I haven't been around much everyone; that's going to continue for some time in the future. But keep up all the posting and writing, and I'm sure I'll be around more later on.

Congrats on the wedding, Col Sam.
                  Thraesja

sigpic

Comment

LOL That'd be so cute! The animation would be hard though 'cause of how rapidly he was blinking his eyes. You'd probably have to have a pile of caps and set the frame duration really low so you'd get one of those "movie clip" icons. It'd probably have to be greyscale to make the size manageable too. Still, sounds cute!
                    Yeah, what I did was pretty much take a cap of every frame of that scene and shrunk the size way down. It's almost 100kb in size. Whenever I tried using the file optimization thing to make it smaller, it looked awful. Guess I'd have make it black and white.... But thanks!

LOL Yeah, sorry to tell you, hon, but I've known how warped you are for a while now

And that revelation didn't come from your LJ
                    And I think I know where it came from.

All I can say is it's nice to be in good company

I'd think the same thing, but I haven't found it yet. I have to do some fiddling and searching of online help stuff, I think.
                    Hope you can find some kind of tutorial or something.

Originally posted by fishyone View Post
                    Ok.. I was going to respond to individual posts, and then I saw the time on the clock and remembered I had to be up at six tomorrow and decided I'd better not... Apologies, cause I am scatterbrained at best tonight...

Congrats on the wedding, Col.Samantha! Best wishes.

Love the icons (even the non-PG ones ) and the new walls... very nice.

Should add a Get Well Soon, too...

Let's see... Oh, thanks for fic rec... enjoyed that very much...

Meanwhile, as I remain totally insane, I have yet another vid to share... It kind of goes with my icon... Ok...probably not, but I like it anyways.

Moments Like This
                    Love the vid, fishy!

Hey everybody! *waves*

Wow... *glance up* oh my, I haven't been here in a whole month... lol, it would have been my one month anniversary of 'no GW' if I'd hung on for another twelve hours.

Mmkay.

Anyhow...

Congratulations, Col.SamanthaCarter!!! Best wishes!

Ooh hey Amaranth, I'll be more than happy to... oh wait, I've got ya on Google. lol. While I'm here, I'll just add to the 'oh my gosh' for the fic. Great stuff. Lovely icons too.

Jess, that sounds like a great icon! Animation software can be tricky though. I agree with Amaranth about lowering the frame rate -- it gives you fiddling space. Like the wallpaper -- very moody and intense

Yay, Sasusc, the Beachhead scene. *sigh*

Got this recently from Amaranth... who might have probably got it from Jess... who may have got it from a mag, who...

Spoilerised for size...

Such a great pic. Love AT's smile. It just looks like a family pic.... Drs Jackson, Sam's brother, and a distant but exceedingly close cousin. lol. Not clever enough to think up a caption at this hour, but BB's straight(-ish) Mona Lisa expression and MS' smile make me wonder whether AT has her hands on their bums... or it's CJ's on BB. lol.
                    Thanks hon! Glad you liked it I'm fiddling with Animation Shop right now so I'll see if I can come up with anything.

Loved your captions... Teal'c reading the Swimsuit issue of Sports Illustrated... of course

Getting late here so I'll be turning in... I'll be back to finish playing catchup tomorrow. In the meantime I'll leave you with this

Last edited by JessM; 16 June 2008, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Just wanted to drop by and say Happy Birthday Thrae!
                      sigpic

Banner made by Jess!

Comment

Originally posted by Thraesja View Post
                        Aw, thanks hun. That's sweet. Very nice of the team to care so much about my birthday that they constantly changed their hairstyles and colours. I had both a good and non-labourious day.
                        "Hun"? "Sweet"? I think I like you in your third trimester!

You're welcome, closet-sweetiepie.

rofl! I see you finally got the story up! hee hee, and played on the hairstyle changes. Liked the crack about Jack's hair colour changing. Those two are a coupl'a mischief makers. Good one! I'd give you some green but GW's moaning at me again, so... um... I'll get round to it when my loansharked thumbs have healed (good trick from an intangible site, breaking thumbs...).
                        Heh. Yeah, thanks for the comment about their hairstyles over the seasons. As you can see, I took it and ran.

Originally posted by JessM View Post
                        Yeah, what I did was pretty much take a cap of every frame of that scene and shrunk the size way down. It's almost 100kb in size. Whenever I tried using the file optimization thing to make it smaller, it looked awful. Guess I'd have make it black and white.... But thanks!
                        Hope you'll let us know how it turns out!

Originally posted by Kitty Carter-Jackson View Post
                        Just wanted to drop by and say Happy Birthday Thrae!
                        Not sure if she'll see it, but I'll let her know. Keep an eye out for a birth announcement anytime soon!

Also....

FIC REC!!!!

Okay, so this fic doesn't actually have the SD pairing, but the moral of it is so perfect, I simply *had* to share it with the group here. Since it's non-SD, it's in spoilers:

Spoiler:
                        The SJ Fic, by CleotheMuse

Rating: Appropriate for all Ages
                        Genres: Romance, Sap
                        Summary: Who'd have ever thought I'd write this particular pairing? Inspired by some recent stories... Sam Carter finds herself daydreaming of the one she loves. SJ!

Don't let the title and summary scare you. Read it. Seriously. And then read the reviews. In that order. It's bloody brilliant.
                        ~Amaranth Traces

Comment

"Hun"? "Sweet"? I think I like you in your third trimester!

You're welcome, closet-sweetiepie.

Heh. Yeah, thanks for the comment about their hairstyles over the seasons. As you can see, I took it and ran.

Not sure if she'll see it, but I'll let her know. Keep an eye out for a birth announcement anytime soon!

Also....

FIC REC!!!!

Okay, so this fic doesn't actually have the SD pairing, but the moral of it is so perfect, I simply *had* to share it with the group here. Since it's non-SD, it's in spoilers:

Spoiler:

Summary: Who'd have ever thought I'd write this particular pairing? Inspired by some recent stories... Sam Carter finds herself daydreaming of the one she loves. SJ!

Don't let the title and summary scare you. Read it. Seriously. And then read the reviews. In that order. It's bloody brilliant.
                          Beware it's SJanet

Comment

Originally posted by Col.SamanthaCarter View Post
                            Hey guys! I still haven't had time to get caught up on all the posts. I know after Sunday night I'll have time. I hope to get my wedding pictures soon so I can post them for those who are interested
                            ((((Col.Sam)))) Congrats on your wedding, hon! I love the pic of you and your hubby in your sig. You both look so happy! I'd love to see some pics if you'd like to share them.

Originally posted by DropsOfAngst View Post

Oh, that was brilliant... brilliant I say!! Goes so well with the "mind control" prompt. Thanks for sharing this!

And Jess, I've clearly dropped the ball with your fic. I'm going to work on it this weekend and get it back to you ASAP. So sorry!!!
                            Aw... no problem, hon! I've had a few other distractions on my mind for the time being anyway (including that bunny for the AU Sam and Daniel from Ripple Effect). Got it and am looking it over right now!

(snippage)

What she said! Um... er... what I mean is....

Happy Belated Birthday, Thrae!!

I'd post a pic in celebration but Photobucket seems to be down at the moment... at least for me

I guess this will have to do for the time being...

...yeah, I know, lame.... *kicks Photobucket*

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                              Beware it's SJanet
                              Spoilers for the recced fic:

Spoiler:
                              Um. I think you missed the author's note at the end of the story. Both CleotheMuse and I only posted the pairing as "SJ" deliberately. The fact that pairing postings are at best vague and at worst completely missing was the moral of that story.

There's nothing explict about the fic and no reason to freak out and "warn" (not to mention spoil) everyone about it.
                              Last edited by Amaranth Traces; 17 June 2008, 05:09 PM. Reason: Daniel gave me some diplomacy lessons.
                              ~Amaranth Traces

Comment

I managed to make a little something last night and I'd show it to you guys if I could get Photobucket to work for me... *glares at it*

Like that's going to help, I know But when it decides to behave again, I'll post it.

Also....

FIC REC!!!!

Spoiler:

Oh my.... So even though I don't ship this SJ, I liked the moral of the story. One of my biggest pet peeves when reading fic.
                                Last edited by JessM; 17 June 2008, 03:59 PM. Reason: hope I'm not spoiling too much :o

Comment

Working...
                                X