Sam Carter/Daniel Jackson Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amaranth Traces View Post
    It's been a rather hellish week on all fronts, but it's finally over. I'll be starting into your story for a real beta tonight and tomorrow. My to-do list for the weekend is about as long as my arm. Yeek! I'll get it back to you as soon as I can though.
    Thanks so much I'm looking it over now. Thought I'd get a chance to do more work on it, but then the silly nice weather just HAD to interrupt. *tsk*

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60...daniel/008.jpg

Erm. I couldn't help myself. Spoilerized to avoid offending S/J and D/V fans. Read at your own risk.

Spoiler:
    : The inscription says "Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala fic".
    : Fic? What do you think that means?
    : Only one way to find out.
    : Be careful, honey, we don't know what's in there.
    : Ack! It burns!
    : Medic!
    Oh that was priceless!! Poor Daniel... no doubt Sam is going to have to give him quite a bit of TLC after being exposed like that.

Originally posted by fishyone View Post
    Greetings, all!

It's been a while for me again (I hate work sooo much right now) but I have made it back at last.

Finally uploaded my vid contribution for the Sam/Danielthon. It is a beautiful song with moments from all 10 seasons and one from Ark of Truth.

Falling Slowly

Oh, and I have actually gotten to reading some of drgemini's fanfic... Nice work, there. I'm still trying to find time to do everything I have to do, but I will keep trying to get caught up on fic, too.

Enjoying the pics from everyone, too...
    Great to see you back! I think I saw a vid a while ago that used that song but I like yours better. Beautiful vid!

Heh... At work I had to take some video footage of field work that was done a while ago, save it to my computer, edit it and then burn it on a disc. I got to play around with the editing software and it made me think that maybe it's not so hard making vids after all. Has anyone ever used Cyberlink PowerDirector? It's the software that came with the little camcorder we have and I thought it looked pretty good. I assume you have to convert the vid files first though? Guess I will play with it a bit more when I get a chance.

Whoa, got O/T. Sorry about that.

(((Demelza))) Sorry to hear you've been under the weather. I hope you start feeling better soon!

Comment

Originally posted by rebelwriter03 View Post
      for the sd-thon, i say just post. some have.... i think the rest of us are still arguing with our muses... or maybe trying to hunt them down... snooty muses! humpf! I need the number to the complaint department half the time...
      There's a complaint department for snooty muses? You'll have to send me that number. I was struggling with mine most of the weekend.

Finally uploaded my vid contribution for the Sam/Danielthon. It is a beautiful song with moments from all 10 seasons and one from Ark of Truth.

Falling Slowly
      Nice vid, fishyone! I've never heard that song before. Love the quality of the clips you used

Originally posted by JessM View Post
      Thanks so much I'm looking it over now. Thought I'd get a chance to do more work on it, but then the silly nice weather just HAD to interrupt. *tsk*
      Nice weather? I'm jealous. We had terrible weather this weekend. Even hail!

Hope at least something I said is of use to you. I feel like I'm giving you a pretty hard time of it

Originally posted by DropsOfAngst View Post
      *laughs* Oh that was goooood!! Too good, thank you for making me laugh!
      Oh that was priceless!! Poor Daniel... no doubt Sam is going to have to give him quite a bit of TLC after being exposed like that.
      Glad you guys liked it. I wasn't sure it was a good idea after I posted it, I must say

Heh... At work I had to take some video footage of field work that was done a while ago, save it to my computer, edit it and then burn it on a disc. I got to play around with the editing software and it made me think that maybe it's not so hard making vids after all. Has anyone ever used Cyberlink PowerDirector? It's the software that came with the little camcorder we have and I thought it looked pretty good. I assume you have to convert the vid files first though? Guess I will play with it a bit more when I get a chance.
      I've seen references to that program on the Internet while doing research about what vid-making software I could use. I've never tried it, but what I've read has been very positive.

Guess if it's easier than you thought, you'll be making some nice vids soon, eh?

Sorry I haven't had a chance yet to reply over on the forum, hon. I've been bogged down by some kinda kidney infection or -something- that's made me feel really sick, so I've not been as active on the internet as I usually am these last two weeks.
      No worries! Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. A kidney infection sounds really "not good". Hope it all gets sorted out for you! And quickly, too!

Luckily, Sam and Daniel are around to save the day...

: Hey, Sam. How are you feeling?
      : Really tired. Who knew giving a kidney to Demelza would take so much out of me?
      : There, there. I'll nurse both of you back to health.

To answer your question, however...you're more than welcome to wait until the deadline, if you want, or go ahead and post them as you get them finished. However you'd like to post them is up to you

I look forward to whatever you've got, though...I must say
      Okeydokey! Here's my response to one of the prompts at the Sam/Daniel-thon.

FIC!

Changes

Genre: Angst
      Pairings: Sam/Daniel UST, perceived Daniel/Vala, Sam/Team friendship
      Season: Ten, missing scene from Line in the Sand
      Spoilers: Everything up to the end of Line in the Sand
      Rating: K+ for serious themes and minor language

Summary: While recovering from her injury, Sam takes the opportunity for a long overdue update of the letters for those she’ll one day leave behind.

~Amaranth Traces

Comment

Great to see you back! I think I saw a vid a while ago that used that song but I like yours better. Beautiful vid!

Whoa, got O/T. Sorry about that.
        Thanks. I am glad I can sort of be back... I hear evil cackling going "Let's see how long this lasts..." but I'm ignoring them. Glad you liked the vid, too. I thought the song was gorgeous and couldn't resist vidding to it.

I don't have any experience with that program myself, but it looks like you found it pretty easy to use, so maybe... a vid?

As for converting the files, it depends on how you get the clips... The way I do it does require conversion.

And since this post was kind of off topic... random pic ensues... or would if i could access photobucket... *shrugs*

Daniel: Why so sad, Sam?
        Sam: Cause... cause fishyone forgot her password and now she can't post a pic.
        Daniel: Oh, Sam... maybe there's a good reason there isn't a pic right now.
        Sam: What? Oh... Nevermind.
        Last edited by fishyone; 02 June 2008, 04:27 PM. Reason: off topic ramblings again
        The really disturbing thing is, this is me on a GOOD day.

Comment

There's a complaint department for snooty muses? You'll have to send me that number. I was struggling with mine most of the weekend.
          I almost wish I had a muse. I have vicious pygmies instead, and they've been quite mean lately, even when I'm trying to write on Sam/Daniel fics.

Nice vid, fishyone! I've never heard that song before. Love the quality of the clips you used
          Thank you. The song is from the movie Once. The movie was okay, but I absolutely fell in love with the soundtrack. I like a lot of the songs, but not many of them said Sam/Daniel to me... There was one that said Cam/Vala, though...

FIC!

Changes

Summary: While recovering from her injury, Sam takes the opportunity for a long overdue update of the letters for those she’ll one day leave behind.

Very nicely done. It was nice and poignant... Of course, I wish he had gotten her message...

Comment

I almost wish I had a muse. I have vicious pygmies instead, and they've been quite mean lately, even when I'm trying to write on Sam/Daniel fics.
            Yes, vicious pygmies sound horrifying. Much moreso than ADD muses.

I'm supposed to be doing workywork tonight, but my concentration really sucks. I'm bored silly with a pile of things on my to-do list. Quite a quandry.

Very nicely done. It was nice and poignant... Of course, I wish he had gotten her message...
            Poignant. Nice. Thanks
            ~Amaranth Traces

Comment

Nice weather? I'm jealous. We had terrible weather this weekend. Even hail!

Hope at least something I said is of use to you. I feel like I'm giving you a pretty hard time of it
              Aw... *sends some more nice weather to Amaranth* Well for what it's worth, our weather sucked on Saturday. Pouring rain mostly, though cleared up later and was nice and sunny on Sunday. Couldn't work on fic Saturday though because I was meeting a friend.

I'm toying with parts of the beginning and some of the "lingo" right now. And it's been an immense help. Especially since my brain's been rather foggy lately. I think it's an evil plot set up by my muse. *looks at her with narrowed eyes*

I've seen references to that program on the Internet while doing research about what vid-making software I could use. I've never tried it, but what I've read has been very positive.

Guess if it's easier than you thought, you'll be making some nice vids soon, eh?
              That's good to know. Eases my fears just a bit.

And I think you could be right there. Of course whether they're nice or not is open to interpretation, but hopefully I'll be lucky.

Luckily, Sam and Daniel are around to save the day...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60...l/itlod066.jpg

: Hey, Sam. How are you feeling?
              : Really tired. Who knew giving a kidney to Demelza would take so much out of me?
              : There, there. I'll nurse both of you back to health.
              Gah! So cute... and suggestive at the same time! *grin*

FIC!

Changes

Read, reviewed, enjoyed.

Speaking of fic, I just found out that another of my stories was nominated for the Blue Moon Awards... Tricks and Treats
              Main ship is Cam/Vala but SD is the secondary ship. Again I was stunned because I didn't think it was that great but I'm flattered.

Comment

Yes, vicious pygmies sound horrifying. Much moreso than ADD muses.

I'm supposed to be doing workywork tonight, but my concentration really sucks. I'm bored silly with a pile of things on my to-do list. Quite a quandry.

Poignant. Nice. Thanks
                Pygmies are very horrifying. But sometimes they are useful... I am done with work for the day and being quite silly, so now I have made the icon I had the idea for... well, the pygmies made me do it:

Spoiler:

And you're welcome. It was a good story.
                Last edited by fishyone; 03 June 2008, 11:43 AM. Reason: apparently, i can't spell

Comment

Speaking of fic, I just found out that another of my stories was nominated for the Blue Moon Awards... Tricks and Treats
                  Main ship is Cam/Vala but SD is the secondary ship. Again I was stunned because I didn't think it was that great but I'm flattered.
                  Congratulations, Jess! I thought that was a cute little story. Maybe not Tale of Spilled Coffee, but very nice.

Comment

Pygmies are very horrifying. But sometimes they are useful... I am done with work for the day and being quite silly, so now I have made the icon I had the idea for... well, the pygmies made me do it:

Spoiler:

Hee hee! That just sums up the S/D ship, doesn't it? Love it!

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                    ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Spoiler:

Love the icon. It's so true. ::huggles fishy:: <<Hope you don't mind...
                      sigpic

Banner made by Jess!

Comment

Congratulations, Jess! I thought that was a cute little story. Maybe not Tale of Spilled Coffee, but very nice.
                        Thanks! I can't remember what exactly made I write it...probably was inspired by a conversation in the C/V thread or something. But I enjoyed writing it.

And I love the icon! It really speaks the truth Great job!

(hmm, I really need to find more screen caps... should dig through my collection agan at home)

Comment

Hey guys...I'm just passing through. I've been busy with wedding stuff lately, so I have a lot of reading to catch up on. Hopefully I'll have a chance next week sometime to get caught up (that's if his mom lets us borrow her laptop)...I'm so ready for the beach!

Comment

Aw... *sends some more nice weather to Amaranth* Well for what it's worth, our weather sucked on Saturday. Pouring rain mostly, though cleared up later and was nice and sunny on Sunday. Couldn't work on fic Saturday though because I was meeting a friend.
                            I think the nice weather you sent got lost in transit.

And what's this about meeting a friend instead of working on your fic?? Sheesh. You're as bad as Thraesja. She's all "blah blah...the imminent birth of my firstborn...blah blah".

Honestly. Some people have serious problems getting their priorities in order!

I'm toying with parts of the beginning and some of the "lingo" right now. And it's been an immense help. Especially since my brain's been rather foggy lately. I think it's an evil plot set up by my muse. *looks at her with narrowed eyes*
                            There's plenty more of that kind of lingo online. I just did some quick Googling and Wiki-ing.

*sets up giant fan to blow away fog in Jess's brain*

That's good to know. Eases my fears just a bit.

And I think you could be right there. Of course whether they're nice or not is open to interpretation, but hopefully I'll be lucky.
                            LOL I'm sure they'll be great.

Read, reviewed, enjoyed.

Yay! Congrats, Jess!

Originally posted by Col.SamanthaCarter View Post
                            Hey guys...I'm just passing through. I've been busy with wedding stuff lately, so I have a lot of reading to catch up on. Hopefully I'll have a chance next week sometime to get caught up (that's if his mom lets us borrow her laptop)...I'm so ready for the beach!
                            Looks like (according to your signature) the wedding's tomorrow! Best of luck!
                            ~Amaranth Traces

Comment

I wish you lots of happiness Col. Sam!
                              sigpic

Banner made by Jess!

Comment

Hi everyone! Just want to drop off some icons I've been working on. My muse is being stubborn about actual fic stuff or workywork stuff, but icons she seems content enough to work on.

Some Sam/Daniel:

Spoiler:

And these were sorta-requested by NyxRo:

Two Sam/Daniel that are non-PG-13:
                                Spoiler:

And this one was inspired by/stolen from Jess (thanks Jess!):

I made some GEN ones too. One Ronon, two Sam, one Daniel, two Team:

Spoiler:

I also made some for another fandom (Supernatural), but I don't think this is the right venue for them

Now, I know the Sam Carter one (above) is rather large, but I'm having a hard time figuring out the best way to reduce a filesize without losing image quality. Any suggestions?
                                ~Amaranth Traces

Comment

Working...
                                X