Sam Carter/Daniel Jackson Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishyone View Post
    Weekends are nice, but I don't get them off (I always work one day or the other, possibly both of them like this weekend )

I don't blame you. I don't have time to go to the Pond, and I was sick of the D/V stuff before season 10 really got started.

Yay! You got my email. I'm glad it went through. I hope you can read them. Meggen had some problems opening them because I use open office now instead of word (when my motherboard died, my windows was considered invalid and i couldn't get Word back which sucked at first, but I'm actually really fond of Open Office now. )

I already have most of the vid done. I have a beautiful song for it that I absolutely adore and I'm including Sam/Daniel moments from all seasons and I just clipped some Ark of Truth bits to include maybe one. Hopefully, I'll get that finished up tomorrow.
    Aw...that stinks. Oh well, at least you seem to get at least one day off most of the time. And I hope that you will next week since you seem to be so busy this time around.

Yep, I hear you. And a lot of the people we remember don't post over there anymore...there are a lot of new people who post some nice pics every so often. But most of the time I'd see the same ones over and over. So it got pretty boring over there... I do see some of the older ones on LiveJournal though, which is nice.

I'm reading them right now. Not a problem at all. I have open office too and to be honest I like using it a lot more than Word. I think it takes up less memory, and the file sizes are usually smaller. I have to do some sight updating anyway, so as soon as I'm done reading through them and everything, I'll add them right up there. I'll let a few people from the Pond (who I talk to on other sites) know that you added more. I know Strider was enjoying it...

Oh, sounds great! I can't wait to see it... I just heard a song today that I thought would be good for a S/D vid. I might decide to do it at some point later on. I want to actually start that other one first. One of my friends gave me a nice program for ripping the clips, but I can't find the CD right now

I have a few nice pics that I wanted to post, though. The first one is from Continuum. It's not spoilery, but I'll put it in spoiler tags just in case. I just love how Sam is looking at Daniel...

Spoiler:

And the second one is that cast pic from Ark of Truth. It's one we've seen before, but only in a very small version. Here's the large version. Take notice of Sam's face and who she's looking at. *grin*

Click for full-size

Comment

The witness to the kiss:

Janet thinking: "Come on Sam, I get to kiss Daniel next. Stop hogging him!"

Teal'c thinking: "Hmm, why do I have an urge to Kiss DanielJackson? Perhaps it his soft and sensual lips? Is that me or my symbiote thinking that?"

Sam: "So, Daniel. Finally got kissed by a Jaffa, huh?"

Daniel: "It was Teal'c drunk! Now get that image off the base computer before Teal'c sobers up."

Sam: "It's bad enough you got all the women on the base after you. Now you got men after you too?"

Daniel: "I've had the men on the base after me for years thanks to Jack calling me space monkey."
      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

I was wondering if anyone knew about Continuum being pushed back? My source tells me that it's been moved to June, July or later. I thought it was supposed to come out this month-- May.
        sigpic

Banner made by Jess!

Comment

Originally posted by Kitty Carter-Jackson View Post
          I was wondering if anyone knew about Continuum being pushed back? My source tells me that it's been moved to June, July or later. I thought it was supposed to come out this month-- May.
          Now, it was supposed to be released this fall, but was pushed forward to July 29th

P.S. check my sig!

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
            Aw...that stinks. Oh well, at least you seem to get at least one day off most of the time. And I hope that you will next week since you seem to be so busy this time around.

Yep, I hear you. And a lot of the people we remember don't post over there anymore...there are a lot of new people who post some nice pics every so often. But most of the time I'd see the same ones over and over. So it got pretty boring over there... I do see some of the older ones on LiveJournal though, which is nice.

I'm reading them right now. Not a problem at all. I have open office too and to be honest I like using it a lot more than Word. I think it takes up less memory, and the file sizes are usually smaller. I have to do some sight updating anyway, so as soon as I'm done reading through them and everything, I'll add them right up there. I'll let a few people from the Pond (who I talk to on other sites) know that you added more. I know Strider was enjoying it...

Oh, sounds great! I can't wait to see it... I just heard a song today that I thought would be good for a S/D vid. I might decide to do it at some point later on. I want to actually start that other one first. One of my friends gave me a nice program for ripping the clips, but I can't find the CD right now

I have a few nice pics that I wanted to post, though. The first one is from Continuum. It's not spoilery, but I'll put it in spoiler tags just in case. I just love how Sam is looking at Daniel...

Spoiler:

And the second one is that cast pic from Ark of Truth. It's one we've seen before, but only in a very small version. Here's the large version. Take notice of Sam's face and who she's looking at. *grin*

Click for full-size

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/jessmac/Stargate/Daniel/samdaniel/th_ark_021.jpg
            I have this Saturday off, unless the schedule changes, so that should be nice. Hate being so busy, but that is life, I guess.

Yeah, it was the people who made the Pond great, and since a lot of them are gone, I just don't think it would be worth it. I'm glad you're still in touch with Strider, though. She was always really nice. And thanks for posting BtC! I just had to read it in its posted version. You are awesome.

My vid is finished, I think. I just have to show it to Meggen and then upload it. That's cool that you found another Sam/Daniel song. I've been curious to see your vid for years now, so...

Love the pics. They are so... inspiring.
            The really disturbing thing is, this is me on a GOOD day.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
              The witness to the kiss:
              http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60...l/2010_021.jpg

Teal'c thinking: "Hmm, why do I have an urge to Kiss DanielJackson? Perhaps it his soft and sensual lips? Is that me or my symbiote thinking that?"

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60...daniel/005.jpg

Daniel: "It was Teal'c drunk! Now get that image off the base computer before Teal'c sobers up."

Sam: "It's bad enough you got all the women on the base after you. Now you got men after you too?"

Daniel: "I've had the men on the base after me for years thanks to Jack calling me space monkey."
              Hilarious, Jackie! Thanks for sharing. That makes my impending work day seem so much better all of a sudden.
              The really disturbing thing is, this is me on a GOOD day.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                The witness to the kiss:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60...l/2010_021.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60...daniel/005.jpg

Oh, what an interesting turn of events.. never a dull moment for the guy, is there?

I have this Saturday off, unless the schedule changes, so that should be nice. Hate being so busy, but that is life, I guess.

Yeah, it was the people who made the Pond great, and since a lot of them are gone, I just don't think it would be worth it. I'm glad you're still in touch with Strider, though. She was always really nice. And thanks for posting BtC! I just had to read it in its posted version. You are awesome.

My vid is finished, I think. I just have to show it to Meggen and then upload it. That's cool that you found another Sam/Daniel song. I've been curious to see your vid for years now, so...

Love the pics. They are so... inspiring.
                That's good. Yep, seems to be the way. My day was ridiculously busy yesterday... working on a project with a client then had to run and get dinner started when I got home. Then finally had to attend a defensive driving class from 7-10pm (I signed up for it...for insurance purposes and all that. Have to go again tomorrow night). Only Tuesday and already I can't wait for the week to be over.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel about it. Strider doesn't spend a whole lot of time there anymore either but we still keep in contact w/email, and I'd see her around LJ (though haven't lately). Aw, you're welcome! My pleasure posting it. I really enjoyed these latest chapters and I can't wait to read more (and for everyone else here, LINKAGE to this fic ).

They are quite nice, aren't they? And they're giving me just a little bit of hope for Continuum.

Oh, I just found this out the other day... one of my fics, Unexpected Souvenir was nominated for the 2008 Stargate Blue Moon Awards. I was so shocked. But it is an honor

Comment

LOL... don't want to disillusion you at all. I'll just give you a very brief rundown. Later.
                  My goodness, that sounds...ominous

That sounds possible. They could very well have been short-staffed. I don't even remember seeing that much advertisement for it at SDR, at least not as much as in years past.

Oh, well. Hopefully there will be more volunteers next time around.
                  Not sure how the volunteering works. There'd probably be a conflict of interest if one of the works of a volunteer was nominated for an award. That must make it complicated.

Okie doke. I really am making some time this weekend for it. It's great that I'll have some free time that I can actually devote to fic.
                  Awesome. I got the file and your email answering my miriad of questions. I'll send the file back to you as soon as I can

Maybe I can offer some more muse food?

<spoilerized to save space>

Spoiler:

Yum! Very nice, Jess! Thanks I think it worked too, 'cause I've managed to get my SD-thon story off to Thraesja for the first round of betaing. Not to mention the fact that I've been able to get several pages of a multi-chapter story I've been working on for approximately forever out of my muse as well!

Woo!

You're welcome. I know that Windows Media Maker doesn't do all that I want it to, but it works well enough for me now. It can be kind of a long process at times to clip and convert, but once it's done, you never have to do it again. Or at least that's what I tell myself anytime I clip. Hope you get your clips soon.
                  I did a test run of an extract from DVD on the weekend, but it didn't work out at all. So I'm going to have to wait until I have the time and mental energy to hunker down with some online tutorials to figure out what I'm really supposed to do

Are you planning on making Sam/Daniel vids? I hope you are. We could use more of them to counteract the others.
                  Heh. Yes, I have a few ideas for Sam/Daniel vids. I also have some ideas for Team/GEN vids. But don't hold your breath. I'm rather notorious for undertaking projects that never actually get finished.

I'm convinced the only reason I've ever actually finished any stories I've written is Thrae's incessant nagging and a few of my readers who poke me with large sticks from time to time.

Oh, I just found this out the other day... one of my fics, Unexpected Souvenir was nominated for the 2008 Stargate Blue Moon Awards. I was so shocked. But it is an honor
                  Hey! Congrats, girl! Nice job

Before I go, I wanted to drop this by:

FIC REC!!

There's a new Sam/Daniel author in town!

Ripples from the Heart by Eventhorizon7

Rating: T
                  Categories: Hurt/Comfort, Romance
                  Spoilers: Meridian, Ripple Effect
                  Summary: During a chance encounter with an alternate Daniel, Sam realises that there could be much more to her life.

Amaranth's warning: Get yourself some kleenex before reading this one, folks. You might need it.
                  ~Amaranth Traces

Comment

Spoilers because I couldn't help myself and it's a smidge over the PG-13 line...

Spoiler:
                    : Daniel?
                    : Mmm?
                    : Stop it.
                    : Mmm??
                    : I don't have to look at you to know what you're doing.
                    : Mmm!
                    : That is *so* the last time we have early-morning-wake-up sex. It makes you giddy.
                    ~Amaranth Traces

Comment

Originally posted by Amaranth Traces View Post
                      My goodness, that sounds...ominous
                      Yeah, well............. yeah.

Not sure how the volunteering works. There'd probably be a conflict of interest if one of the works of a volunteer was nominated for an award. That must make it complicated.
                      Now that you mention it, that is a good point.

Awesome. I got the file and your email answering my miriad of questions. I'll send the file back to you as soon as I can
                      No real rush with that. And thanks.

Yum! Very nice, Jess! Thanks I think it worked too, 'cause I've managed to get my SD-thon story off to Thraesja for the first round of betaing. Not to mention the fact that I've been able to get several pages of a multi-chapter story I've been working on for approximately forever out of my muse as well!

Woo!
                      Yay! So glad to hear it worked. It's just great when inspiration finally hits and we actually get productive with these things!

Hey! Congrats, girl! Nice job

Before I go, I wanted to drop this by:

FIC REC!!

There's a new Sam/Daniel author in town!

Ripples from the Heart by Eventhorizon7

Rating: T
                      Categories: Hurt/Comfort, Romance
                      Spoilers: Meridian, Ripple Effect
                      Summary: During a chance encounter with an alternate Daniel, Sam realises that there could be much more to her life.

Amaranth's warning: Get yourself some kleenex before reading this one, folks. You might need it.
                      Thank you, hon! I really wasn't expecting it.

And thanks for the rec! Oh, I know this author. There is a S/D "forum" on ff.net run by DrG, and I've seen her posting there. She mentioned her plot bunny for this fic. I'm glad it led to something great. I love this fic. Thanks for the kleenex warning. *sniffle* It really was a beautiful story and it would be nice to see a sequel if she chooses to do one.

Originally posted by Amaranth Traces View Post
                      http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/jessmac/Stargate/Daniel/bod/covenant045.jpg

Spoilers because I couldn't help myself and it's a smidge over the PG-13 line...

Spoiler:
                      : Daniel?
                      : Mmm?
                      : Stop it.
                      : Mmm??
                      : I don't have to look at you to know what you're doing.
                      : Mmm!
                      : That is *so* the last time we have early-morning-wake-up sex. It makes you giddy.
                      Oh thank you, thank you! That really perked me up. Work has been so boring and now I'm sitting here with the silliest grin on my face. Hah, that was priceless

ah...here's a pic from my "eekbadhair" folder

Comment

No real rush with that. And thanks.
                        I'm going to really dig into it now and hopefully have it back to you by tonight!

Yay! So glad to hear it worked. It's just great when inspiration finally hits and we actually get productive with these things!
                        No kidding. I was superproductive at work today too, but I think that might have had something to do with the Skittles I had with lunch. Heh

Tonight is workywork free, and hopefully full of ficky goodness!

Oh thank you, thank you! That really perked me up. Work has been so boring and now I'm sitting here with the silliest grin on my face. Hah, that was priceless
                        *bows* Thank you, thank you. I'm here all week

: Well, you see, General, the thing is...
                        : It doesn't actually count as a 'desecration', sir.
                        : But even if it did, the Constitution protects--
                        : Not helping, Daniel.
                        : Alright, you two. I want an explanation of what I saw. Right. Now.
                        : It's just that the flag is so soft and silky...
                        : And he really does look very good in it!
                        ~Amaranth Traces

Comment

Never Judge a Book by its Cover......

Sam to Jack off camera: "Sir, I didn't expect to see you here. I didn't think you were into physics."

Jack's body: "Sam, it's me...Daniel. Jack played with one of your doohickeys and switched us. Jack, stop sticking out my tongue at Sam. What did you think you were getting away with?"

Jack in Daniel's body: "Thanks a lot, Daniel. I was about to put a big old raspberry on her neck to see if she would hit you."

Hammond of screen: "How did Colonel O'Neill get a black eye?"

Daniel: "Actually, it was me that got the black eye. I was in Jack's body and he was in mine. Sam hit me."

Sam: "I didn't want to hit your face, Daniel. So, I hit Colonel O'Neill's face."

Hammond: "While Dr. Jackson was in Colonel O'Neill's body?"

Sam: "Yes, sir...so I didn't hit a superior officer, sir."

Jack nursing black eye: "Yes you did, Carter."

Daniel: "No she didn't, Jack."

Jack: "Yes she did, Daniel."

Hammond: "Colonel O'Neill, what exactly did you do to provoke Major Carter into hitting you?"

Jack: "I licked her neck. However, I was Daniel at the time. So that's not against regs."

Hammond: "Major Carter, don't hit Colonel O'Neill. Colonel, don't lick the Major's neck. Dr. Jackson, keep your doohickeys away from Colonel O'Neill. I'm getting too old for this!"
                          Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Hi guys! *waves* I keep lurking here, thought it about time I post

Gotta say, you're really cracking me up with these pics and your versions of the dialogue

I've got a little animation I'm working on that I'll be bringing by here in about an hour....I need to go take my dog for our daily walk first, but then I'll be back and will create said animation and.....see what you guys can come up with from it, eh?

HAPPY SHIPPING!

Spoiler:
                            MULTI-SHIPPER, AND PROUD

My command is this: Love each other as
                            I have loved you. Greater love has no man than
                            this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
                            - John 15:12,13

Comment

I giggled out loud when I accidentally caught two pics from this scene when I was doing screencaps last week, and immediately thought it should be turned into an animation

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                              MULTI-SHIPPER, AND PROUD

My command is this: Love each other as
                              I have loved you. Greater love has no man than
                              this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
                              - John 15:12,13

Comment

Originally posted by DropsOfAngst View Post
                                I giggled out loud when I accidentally caught two pics from this scene when I was doing screencaps last week, and immediately thought it should be turned into an animation

*has a very very dirty mind*

Comment

Working...
                                X