No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Daniel Jackson Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, folks. Here are the banners I've been working on. My muse went on a bit of a graphic spree, but now she seems to have been distracted to another one of my fandoms - Firefly/Serenity.

Anyway, only one of them is Sam/Daniel:

The rest are GEN, but I'm putting them in spoiler tags because they're not technically Sam/Daniel. One Daniel banner, two Jack banners, one Teal'c banner, and one Daniel icon (my first attempt at animating an image).

Spoiler:

I'm still learning about graphic design and how to use my image editing software (The GIMP), so I welcome any constructive criticism anyone might have.

And I also thought I'd post this...

FIC!!

Sixth Sense - Part of my StargateFic100 collection

Genre: Friendship/Romance
    Pairing: Sam/Daniel established ‘ship
    Spoilers: Cast changes in season nine, plus Fallen, Threads, Beachhead, Ex Deus Machina, Ripple Effect, Memento Mori, Bounty
    Season: Ten, shortly after Memento Mori
    Rating: T
    Word count: 1,839

Summary: SG-1 isn’t the team Cam thought it’d be, and he’s going to find out why.

Thanks to silly sally for bumping my muse back in the direction of this story.
    ~Amaranth Traces

Comment

I like the banners Amaranth. The Teal'c one made me giggle. "You killed my father... prepare to die." Kee hee hee.
      sigpic

Banner made by Jess!

Comment

Wowsers, I have a lot to catch up on. Not that I'm complaining, of course.

Originally posted by Amaranth Traces View Post
        LOL 200 wasn't bad. It had plenty of moments that had me LOLing. In fact, I've renamed it from "200" to "The Only Reason I'll Buy Season Ten on DVD".
        Yeah, I admit 200 wasn't too bad. There were some moments I quite liked. I've only taped about half of the season and I haven't gotten a chance to rewatch the eps lately ('cause if I did, you can be sure that certain sequence from Morpheus would be at the top of my list! Hey, speaking of which, I read somewhere that Joe Mallozzi said Daniel was supposed to hold Sam in his arms as she collapsed for a little while, but it was cut. Huh, now why do ya suppose that is? I'm guessing that that scene isn't one of the "deleted scenes" included in the S10 DVD set - am I right?).

Well, at risk of sounding unsympathetic...I'm really *really* happy I live in Canada where we have free health care...
        Well, at the risk of sounding --- er, no, forget it. But to be totally honest, I am enjoying the time off from that place. I have weights at home so I can do most of my exercises at my own pace and on my own time. It's quite lovely.

Yeah, I've been creating a few new banners, messing with some new brushes and textures. It's a lot of fun really. Layers are officially the coolest thing in the world.

So far, only one of the new banners I've made is Sam/Daniel. I have two Jack banners, one Daniel banner, and one Teal'c banner finished too. There are a few others I'm trying to get to look the way I see them in my head...

I take it from your eagerness, you'd like me to share when I have them ready? Is it legal to post non-ship banners on the Sam/Daniel 'ship thread?!
        Only if you want to. LOL - no, seriously, you did a great job on them all. You're becoming a real master at this art thing. I've had a few people recommend GIMP to me and I may just take the plunge one of these days.

Nice wallpaper, by the way. I like that linenish texture and the light blue colour. And nice choice of the lyrics to "These Photographs" to go with your wallpaper's theme. And the tape is cool too. Heh. I like it all!

As for that story, it's almost ready. But I have several episodes I have to go through to check on a particular "fact" I've claimed in the story before I post it. The things I do for my fic...*phew*
        Thanks. I did a ton of experimenting in Photoshop Elements (a highly watered-down version of Photoshop that paupers like me can afford ). The polaroids were brushes I downloaded from the DeviantArt website. I have a link if anyone's interested. And I was having a heck of a time trying to find lyrics that would work... I wanted something with "photos" or "photographs" and I think the lyrics to that song worked the best. Anyhoo, thanks! And looking forward to that fic whenever you've got it all ready.

Good, I'm glad. You're not scarred for life. My moods have been a little wonkier than usual lately (a fact I'm sure Thrae will attest to), and I was worried I hadn't explained my suggestions enough to make them relatively painless.
        No worries whatsoever. I've just sent it back to you.

Oh, and by the way....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Sam and Daniel wanted to drop by and bring you a cake...

oops, looks like they brought the wrong one! But if they're willing to share, then that's quite nice of them. Heh...

(and you did a great job with those pics, Thrae!)

Comment

Oops, almost forgot there was a fic I wanted to rec.

Somnolence
          by Jennghis
          It's an episode tag for Morpheus that contains some smut (and thus "Adult" rating).
          Enjoy if you decide to read

Random screencap time:

Comment

Happy Birthday Amaranth Traces!!

BTW, your latest drabble? Has now been incorperated into my perception of season 10 as a reason for the lack of S/D interaction. And I love that you used Cam to show it. *hugs Cam*

Comment

Woman: "The Immortals shall rise to power once more, Daniel Jackson. Samantha shall lead us...once more."

Daniel thinking: "This woman is off her rocker. And they said I had issues."

Sam: "Where is MacLeod when you need him?"
              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Heh... MacLeod... is there a Highlander reference in there?

A little something I came up with from a cap of one of the behind-the-scenes extras from S10. Mods, if this isn't allowed, please let me know and I'll delete it.

(sorry, I just couldn't resist)

another random pic...

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
                  Heh... MacLeod... is there a Highlander reference in there?

A little something I came up with from a cap of one of the behind-the-scenes extras from S10. Mods, if this isn't allowed, please let me know and I'll delete it.

(sorry, I just couldn't resist)
                  Yep, Higlander...MS once did a spot on Highlander. Course the character got killed.

OMG...LMAO...you rock Jess!

AT's face is priceless. it's like she could be saying anything. AT: "Find my happy place, find my happy place." or "WTF?"

random caption...

Daniel: "Sam! Sam! Aren't you paying attention?"

Sam: "Unbelievable! Vala has been made leader of SG-1. I've been denounced to working in an engine room. What am I? A fancy mechanic?"

Daniel: "Sam, Jack still leads SG-1. The last 3 years was implanted into our memories by replicators working for Anubis. Remember? It was just a bad dream. Janet's still alive, so is your dad and you left Pete at the alter for me..not anyone else."

Sam: "Phew! I had this horrible nightmare that this unforeseen force kept keeping us apart. It was weird and this force was identified as TPTB."

Daniel: "TPTB is code name that new enemy we found. Remember? They think they are gods."

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                    Daniel: "TPTB is code name that new enemy we found. Remember? They think they are gods."
                    Reminds me of Beneath the Surface. "DHD? GDO? SG1?"

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                    ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Love that cap Jackie. If only that were the truth. ::grin::

Your cap was scary Jess'-- scary in the fact that it seems to be the case.

There was a missing scene from Morpheus, but it was Cam and Teal'c. I think there was one with Vala, but I can't remember. Unfortunately it wasn't the SD one.
                      sigpic

Banner made by Jess!

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                        Yep, Higlander...MS once did a spot on Highlander. Course the character got killed.

OMG...LMAO...you rock Jess!

AT's face is priceless. it's like she could be saying anything. AT: "Find my happy place, find my happy place." or "WTF?"

random caption...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60...endgame121.jpg

Daniel: "Sam! Sam! Aren't you paying attention?"

Sam: "Unbelievable! Vala has been made leader of SG-1. I've been denounced to working in an engine room. What am I? A fancy mechanic?"

Daniel: "Sam, Jack still leads SG-1. The last 3 years was implanted into our memories by replicators working for Anubis. Remember? It was just a bad dream. Janet's still alive, so is your dad and you left Pete at the alter for me..not anyone else."

Sam: "Phew! I had this horrible nightmare that this unforeseen force kept keeping us apart. It was weird and this force was identified as TPTB."

Ah, I remember that now. I think I have that Highlander episode on tape actually...

I just couldn't resist, the captions just instantly came to me. Some pics just really speak for themselves, don't they.

Good one! Oh, if only it were true... well it's the way I choose to see it anyway.

Originally posted by Kitty Carter-Jackson View Post
                        Love that cap Jackie. If only that were the truth. ::grin::

Your cap was scary Jess'-- scary in the fact that it seems to be the case.

There was a missing scene from Morpheus, but it was Cam and Teal'c. I think there was one with Vala, but I can't remember. Unfortunately it wasn't the SD one.
                        Yeah, I'm wondering just how close I came with it...

That's a shame, but I guess it's to be expected. Maybe that SD one suffered the same fate as that scene MS and AT filmed for Full Circle (where Sam asks why Daniel didn't visit her like he did Jack and Teal'c and he says he didn't think she needed him like they did).

Found some new music videos that I just had to rec...

Listen to your Heart

Goodbye Apathy

Falling Slowly

Secret

The effect on this last one is pretty cool - I think it goes along perfectly with the song.

Comment

I just had a birthday and I wanted to ask for a gift. I hate doing this by the way-- asking for a gift that is. I need a beta. I'm working on like eight or so SD stories and I need to know if I should even continue them and if so where to go with them. I also have a list of ideas that I'm wondering if I should evolve into stories. I really appreciate any help I can get. Thanks muchly.
                          Last edited by Kitty Carter-Jackson; 02 April 2008, 01:56 PM.
                          sigpic

Banner made by Jess!

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
                            Yeah, I'm wondering just how close I came with it...

That's a shame, but I guess it's to be expected. Maybe that SD one suffered the same fate as that scene MS and AT filmed for Full Circle (where Sam asks why Daniel didn't visit her like he did Jack and Teal'c and he says he didn't think she needed him like they did).
                            You see now that never made sense to me. I mean what about with Nirrti? I know she wasn't alone, but still it would have helped. Couldn't he have visited her in her dreams there? Or what about in Prometheus? Wasn't she alone for a good portion of time in that one? I mean I know Jonas was there, but I think they were separated. I can't recall. I don't watch S6 much, with the exception of Changeling, I really like that ep. Or maybe in Forsaken, she sort of needed someone there (someone like Daniel maybe) while the humans were holding her prisoner. So she wasn't dying like Jack and Teal'c, but she was in pain and she was hurting (more than physically.) I think seeing Daniel would have promoted her to fight, just like her hallucination of him in Grace did. Knowing that Daniel was there for her would've helped immensely. Maybe I'm thinking about this too much...

Maybe Coop was prepping us for Seasons 9, 10 and Vaniel... ::grumble, grumble::
                            sigpic

Banner made by Jess!

Comment

yep, some pics truly speak for themselves....as does this one. But I got to add to it:

Daniel: "So much for a romantic evening with just the two of us."

Sam: "Next time we get abducted by aliens...make sure it's on on "strip tease" night. I hope Colonel O'Neill doesn't see me in this. One look at my breast and I can just imagine the words that will leave his lips. Daniel, stop looking there."

Comment

Originally posted by Kitty Carter-Jackson View Post
                                I just had a birthday and I wanted to ask for a gift. I hate doing this by the way-- asking for a gift that is. I need a beta. I'm working on like eight or so SD stories and I need to know if I should even continue them and if so where to go with them. I also have a list of ideas that I'm wondering if I should evolve into stories. I really appreciate any help I can get. Thanks muchly.
                                First of all...

Happy Birthday!!!

Daniel has a kiss for you...

Daniel, the kiss is for *Kitty*...what are you doing???

Oops... Guess he just couldn't wait, lol

Anyway... did you get an offer yet? If not, I'd be happy to help you out. Just let me know.

Comment

Working...
                                X