Sam Carter/Daniel Jackson Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JessM View Post
    Okie doke... it's from a Dec. 1997 article called "No Nookie on Stargate" lol:

"When we first started the series, there was talk of starting up something between Jack [Anderson's character] and Sam, or Sam and Daniel [Michael Shanks's character], and we all nixed that," Tapping says. "Richard and I right away said, 'Never.' A, it could never happen because he's her superior officer, and B, we don't want it to kill the show. I think the beauty of the relationship between the four of us on the team is this great friendship that we have, and this wonderful respect and admiration for each other. Adding anything into that mix would be silly, because I think right now it works as a team of really good friends."

It's interesting because I think her quote rings true this season especially... well IMHO of course... and is a bit sad how we don't get to see much of the great friendship between all the team members.
    Thanks for hte hug *hugs* I can see her point. I don't get with v/d, they handled romance and the term feel for 9 years what's changed?

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's the reason too. I'd love to see more Teal'c/Sam friendship though from her recent interview it sounds like we'll get something at the end (wish same was true for her and Daniel but I repeat myself ). I think I'd rather have her paired with Cam more instead of being on her own all the time. It does make her look like a fifth wheel, and I can definitely see why Amanda would feel that way.
    It really does and Sam is not a fifth wheel. She fits in right there with everyone member of the term. I just really don't understand why tptb are her on her own so much I just don't get it

Yeah that's what I'm thinking... in that case I wish they hadn't said anything at all... again it was like more false hope, at least to me. It's silly but there have been times during this season where I wondered if rooting for Sam and Daniel's friendship was a waste of time if it's not going to be shown at all. I can't bring myself to root more for the other friendships or ships even if they are popular but I have wondered sometimes if it was worth it to like S/D when we get nothing. I still love it in my heart but sometimes feel so discouraged.
    True, they did give everyone flase hope and gave the shippers no hope. I can see why you feel that way. You upset and s/d and it makes it hard to go onto other ships/friendships. I think it's wroth it for all the seasons of great s/d we had and the chance of more s/d that might come in the movies.

Yep it was really nice. Think I might have mentioned it before but about a year ago there was this rumor on the Spoilergate group (on Yahoo) that Sam and Daniel would have a huge fight in season 10, driving them further apart. I was so saddened to hear that and I hoped it wouldn't happen...after the nice friendship that they've had.
    I get the feeling that won't happen. I don't think tptb are that stupid to destory or hurt the relationship like that. They may not have many scenes with or about each other but havinga huge fight/driving them further part are two different things. There no reason for them to fight, and when they do disagree they makeup right away I think it's be the stupidest move the tptb have ever made is they do that. Sorry I'm starting to rant but just the very idea of it makes me very angry. I don't want the friendship messed with anymore then it already has been. Besides the fact I can't think of what they would fight over to the point they be driven apart even more I don't think it'll happen. I'm pretty sure AT would have said something about it, since she was already voicing her upset with the lack of s/d of late.

Yeah I agree with that. I think it would be cool to have an AU fic where Pete never came along and Sam went for Daniel. My friend Jocelyn (fishyone on this site...she hasn't posted here in quite a while) was writing a fic where Pete was killed during Chimera and Sarah didn't survive because Osiris killed her, I guess released the poison or whatever it was. So Sam and Daniel both experience a painful loss but they help get each other through it. She only has 4 or 5 chapters written though and I hope she will write moer.
    That sounds cool As of late I'm trying to only read finished storys since I've been burned too many times with really inetereting storys never being finished.
    Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

Daniel: Ah, young love. There's nothing like it
      Sam: I know. They remind me of us when we first got together.
      Daniel: *sigh* Yeah, you still can't keep your hands off me

Comment

Originally posted by angelfire east View Post
        Thanks for hte hug *hugs* I can see her point. I don't get with v/d, they handled romance and the term feel for 9 years what's changed?
        No prob and thanks for the hugs I know what you mean. The only thing I can think of is that the writers love the v/d dynamic and are trying to milk it as much as they can at the expense of the other characters. Back before S9 even with the S/J stuff, Sam and Jack weren't paired up in every episode and highlighted to such a great extent. In another discussion at this site people were saying it might also be because there was a variety of writers back then and now they only have a few people who like to write the same things, so they're kind of stuck in a rut. Or something like that....

It really does and Sam is not a fifth wheel. She fits in right there with everyone member of the term. I just really don't understand why tptb are her on her own so much I just don't get it
        Exactly, she is just as important as the rest of the team. I don't get it either. I hope they show more of Sam working with the team, especially in the movies.

True, they did give everyone flase hope and gave the shippers no hope. I can see why you feel that way. You upset and s/d and it makes it hard to go onto other ships/friendships. I think it's wroth it for all the seasons of great s/d we had and the chance of more s/d that might come in the movies.
        Seems like they almost enjoy doing it Especially as they leak more and more spoilers. I remember the old days when we'd only find out about huge stuff (like MS coming back in S7) and episode storylines weren't leaked out like 6 months before we saw them on TV. Even though I find it hard to stay away from spoilers now lol, I kinda liked it that way. Aw yeah I guess you're right there. Will celebrate the great stuff from over the years and just hope for some more in the movies.

I get the feeling that won't happen. I don't think tptb are that stupid to destory or hurt the relationship like that. They may not have many scenes with or about each other but havinga huge fight/driving them further part are two different things. There no reason for them to fight, and when they do disagree they makeup right away I think it's be the stupidest move the tptb have ever made is they do that. Sorry I'm starting to rant but just the very idea of it makes me very angry. I don't want the friendship messed with anymore then it already has been. Besides the fact I can't think of what they would fight over to the point they be driven apart even more I don't think it'll happen. I'm pretty sure AT would have said something about it, since she was already voicing her upset with the lack of s/d of late.
        No problem, rant away! I've done my fair share of it certainly I was not happy to hear about it and I couldn't think of a good reason. I'd hate to see any characters having a falling out like that. I agree, it would have been very stupid of tptb to try something like that. I'm really glad they haven't and I guess if they had, we'd probably hear about it from AT.

That sounds cool As of late I'm trying to only read finished storys since I've been burned too many times with really inetereting storys never being finished.
        I don't blame you. Same thing happens to me. Another friend is writing this AU series that starts back in S1 and she's been talking about it for months now but I haven't seen it... I'm dying in anticipation, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Col.SamanthaCarter View Post
          Daniel: Ah, young love. There's nothing like it
          Sam: I know. They remind me of us when we first got together.
          Daniel: *sigh* Yeah, you still can't keep your hands off me
          Heehee... good one!!

A couple more caps from Moebius... part 2 this time. I love how Sam went right over to Daniel after Teal'c roughed him up... so sweet

Comment

Heehee... good one!!

A couple more caps from Moebius... part 2 this time. I love how Sam went right over to Daniel after Teal'c roughed him up... so sweet

Yeah...I can almost hear Jack off screen saying, "you sure you two aren't a couple?" or something like "what's with all the touching?"

Comment

#5 #6

spoiler for '200'
              Spoiler:

All icons by mata090680

Yeah I guess it isn't completely one-sided but you're right in that they are showing one side more. I was really glad to see something coming from Daniel in Morpheus... and I guess Quest Part 1... so it's not all totally one-sided. I just hope it doesn't become that way.
              As do I, as do I.

I've posted a bunch of the ones I've made and I have a ton of them on my website. Awww...I think it just takes practice. Thanks for posting these Again I love the geeks, and love the "wtf" in #4
              Thanks

That's true... can't beat the geek love and Rodney had some good lines in there. Yeah, I was a bit surprised at the way "our" Daniel was a bit rude. He probably was feeling bitter or bad about his friends being killed, and it must have been freaky. I remember his reaction when he asked where his AU self was and AU Teal'c said he shot him.
              Yeah I think he was really bitter about seeing his friends die since he pointed out each of their mistakes. I think he was a little freaked out that hte whole timeline was messed up too. I mean wow you've friends are dead and something they (you) did screwed up the whole timeline.

[QUOTE=JessM;6189414]
              Spoiler:
              Yeah I think it could be interesting. The first one I'm not too sure about since I'm not a huge fan of the Ori, but it is supposed to wrap that storyline up. Yep that's how I see it too. In "Listen to Yourself" I had Vala look like she really hadn't aged at all despite being 20 years older.

Spoiler:
              I'm not a such fan of the Ori, hwat can I say I'm a suckker for villiens like Baal "Listen to Yourself"? Forgive but what's that? My mind is coming up blank.

Spoiler:
              LOL I'm not optimistic about a ship being started between them either. Maybe it'll be a kiss like the one between Sam and Daniel in 2010. Either way, as long as it isn't Daniel and Vala (well...again)
              Spoiler:
              It could be a kiss like the one in 2010. I can't help but think that their have Vala pretend to be his girlfriend or something silly like that. It could be v/d but I really don't see them as "finally", thought I don't see Cameron/Vala as finally really unless you looking at it from a prue Farscape fan stand point who wants to see their two favorite actors kiss again
              Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

No prob and thanks for the hugs I know what you mean. The only thing I can think of is that the writers love the v/d dynamic and are trying to milk it as much as they can at the expense of the other characters. Back before S9 even with the S/J stuff, Sam and Jack weren't paired up in every episode and highlighted to such a great extent. In another discussion at this site people were saying it might also be because there was a variety of writers back then and now they only have a few people who like to write the same things, so they're kind of stuck in a rut. Or something like that....
                True, I read in one of the stargate mags that MS and CB both talked about not wanting the relationship to always be driving each other up the wall because you can easily kill the laughs but doing it too much and I think that's whats happening a little with v/d. Sorry rambing, losing my point. Stuck in a rut is a good term to use.

Exactly, she is just as important as the rest of the team. I don't get it either. I hope they show more of Sam working with the team, especially in the movies.
                I hope so too. If Jack does come back from the movies I'm hoping she paired with him. But it'd be more likily Daniel/Vala, Jack/Teal'c and Cameron/Sam with a some mixing Jack/Sam/Cameron/Teal'c. Maybe some Daniel/Jack if we really lucky.
                Spoiler:
                But they haven't said a word about Jack being in the movies at all

Seems like they almost enjoy doing it Especially as they leak more and more spoilers. I remember the old days when we'd only find out about huge stuff (like MS coming back in S7) and episode storylines weren't leaked out like 6 months before we saw them on TV. Even though I find it hard to stay away from spoilers now lol, I kinda liked it that way. Aw yeah I guess you're right there. Will celebrate the great stuff from over the years and just hope for some more in the movies.
                Really? I guess either they have someone who loves letting the internet fandom sutff or your right And read fanfics

No problem, rant away! I've done my fair share of it certainly I was not happy to hear about it and I couldn't think of a good reason. I'd hate to see any characters having a falling out like that. I agree, it would have been very stupid of tptb to try something like that. I'm really glad they haven't and I guess if they had, we'd probably hear about it from AT.
                Thanks I hate characters falling out too.

I don't blame you. Same thing happens to me. Another friend is writing this AU series that starts back in S1 and she's been talking about it for months now but I haven't seen it... I'm dying in anticipation, lol
                lol I know feeling all too well. It drives you nuts

Yeah...I can almost hear Jack off screen saying, "you sure you two aren't a couple?" or something like "what's with all the touching?"

Comment

More pictures.

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s8/8...DVD%5F001.html

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s8/8...BK%5F1321.html

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s9/9...amelot195.html

Comment

Great caps

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPower View Post
                      Sam: And you say I'm the one who can't keep my hands to myself...
                      Daniel: Sorry Sam, it slipped...
                      Sam: Yeah, uh huh, that's what you said last time!

Comment

Sam: And you say I'm the one who can't keep my hands to myself...
                        Daniel: Sorry Sam, it slipped...
                        Sam: Yeah, uh huh, that's what you said last time!
                        to which Daniel replied, "You know you like it"

Comment

Originally posted by angelfire east View Post
                          to which Daniel replied, "You know you like it"
                          LOL of course she did who wouldn't? It's Daniel

Comment

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s8/8...ng%5F0128.html

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s8/8...ng%5F0298.html

Comment

*snicker* Yeah I can, too... they sure aren't shy about the touching, are they?

Comment

okay about whether AT was talking about Micheal or Mitchell. I read this:

Spoiler:
                                LINE IN THE SAND
                                After several successful tests using Merlin's device, General Landry sends SG-1 to use the device to protect a village from an aggressive Prior. But when the displacement field collapses bringing everything back into phase, the team and the village are left dangerously exposed when the Ori attack. Despite being critically injured, Carter is able to escape with Mitchell, though the situation looks bleak for Teal'c and the stranded villagers who face execution at the hands of the Ori.
                                So I guess it's not Daniel

Comment

Working...
                                X