Sam Carter/Daniel Jackson Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel
    Sure, I'm not a S/D 'shipper at all, and they let me post here! I think what you really need to be is a fan of their friendship, whether or not it's romantic, and since you are a 'shipper, you probably have more of a right to be here than me!

Yup, you described it well, Myn

Hey I was wondering if I could get everyone's opinions on this. I found the AOL vignette for this Fri's ep (as well as a little snippet of the next ep after that) on YouTube (the AOL site doesn't work for me). Someone from the Daniel/MS thread posted some screencaps from it, and I almost squeed when I saw that it looked like Sam and Daniel were talking to each other.

Well um after watching it I'm kinda disappointed.

Spoiler:
    Not only is Vala there as well but it looks like Daniel looks at her and talks to her more than he does to Sam (I don't even think he even looked at Sam while she was talking to him). And he seems awfully flippant/dismissive of Sam too. It's so sad how things have changed that Sam and Daniel can't even have a scene together without Vala being there and that they're doing the D/V pairing up again. Plus the scenes from The Quest Part 1 look like more D/V pairing. *frustrated sigh*

You can watch it here. Please let me know what you think. And apologies to anyone here who might like D/V - I've just been really depressed this season about the state of Sam and Daniel's friendship (see Myn's sig banner for that lol). I think it's sad that tptb don't want to portray it anymore.

Comment

Check out this one:

clicky

Comment

Awesome pic, MasterPower! Mind if I snurch it?

Oh, and thanks for the welcome, I will.
        46-43! and 45-44! and 49-22-11!!
        sigpic
        Ain't it good to know you've got a friend. ~ Carole King

Comment

Hey
          Master Power that's awesome, very cool.
          I feel kinda silly saying welcome to Gate Girl but I feel at home on this board even though I don't post (much) I read everything (stalker) and love the ship. So welcome to the board.
          Oh and a huge HI to everyone else.
          -JC

Comment

Originally posted by JessM
            Yup, you described it well, Myn

Hey I was wondering if I could get everyone's opinions on this. I found the AOL vignette for this Fri's ep (as well as a little snippet of the next ep after that) on YouTube (the AOL site doesn't work for me). Someone from the Daniel/MS thread posted some screencaps from it, and I almost squeed when I saw that it looked like Sam and Daniel were talking to each other.

Well um after watching it I'm kinda disappointed.

Spoiler:
            Not only is Vala there as well but it looks like Daniel looks at her and talks to her more than he does to Sam (I don't even think he even looked at Sam while she was talking to him). And he seems awfully flippant/dismissive of Sam too. It's so sad how things have changed that Sam and Daniel can't even have a scene together without Vala being there and that they're doing the D/V pairing up again. Plus the scenes from The Quest Part 1 look like more D/V pairing. *frustrated sigh*

You can watch it here. Please let me know what you think. And apologies to anyone here who might like D/V - I've just been really depressed this season about the state of Sam and Daniel's friendship (see Myn's sig banner for that lol). I think it's sad that tptb don't want to portray it anymore.
            I watched it. From what I saw he did look at Sam when she was talking. He seemed a little upset. Now I don't know why he was upset but the look he gave Vala makes me think she did something that annoyed him.

As for Quest Pt 1 well it looks like Vala is being a pain and looking over his shoulder. Sam is standing across from him probably because she knows there is no point to try to read over his shoulder.
            Thanks Jess for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Girl
              Hi, I'm a multi-shipper, but I think Sam/Daniel is my favorite one. I loved the earlier episodes before the writers made it apparent that they wanted Sam and Jack together. So, I'm wondering if I'm welcomed here; I mean it is okay if I like more than one ship, right, or do have to be a D/S shipper only?
              Come on in and find a seat. Anyone is welcome here as long as they don't try to make trouble. We aren't as strict as some ships can be, but we won't name any names. Welcome!
              Thanks Jess for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPower
                Check out this one:

clicky
                Very cool! Like this a lot. I'm an idoit when it comes to the photoshop world, so was this hard?
                Thanks Jess for the Sig!

Comment

Check out this one:

clicky
                  Aww that is so cool! Stupid question but did you make it?

(also noticed the "OMGWTF" file name...lol)

Comment

Originally posted by JC_21
                    Hey
                    Master Power that's awesome, very cool.
                    I feel kinda silly saying welcome to Gate Girl but I feel at home on this board even though I don't post (much) I read everything (stalker) and love the ship. So welcome to the board.
                    Oh and a huge HI to everyone else.
                    -JC
                    Hi again, JC! How are things going?

Comment

Originally posted by debbycake
                      I watched it. From what I saw he did look at Sam when she was talking. He seemed a little upset. Now I don't know why he was upset but the look he gave Vala makes me think she did something that annoyed him.

As for Quest Pt 1 well it looks like Vala is being a pain and looking over his shoulder. Sam is standing across from him probably because she knows there is no point to try to read over his shoulder.
                      I went back and watched it again and yeah I guess you could be right. The thing that bugged me the most was the way he said "Hi Sam!" and had that grin when they first came in. It seemed kind of fake and sarcastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Girl
                        Hi, I'm a multi-shipper, but I think Sam/Daniel is my favorite one. I loved the earlier epis odes before the writers made it apparent that they wanted Sam and Jack together. So, I'm wondering if I'm welcomed here; I mean it is okay if I like more than one ship, right, or do have to be a D/S shipper only?
                        Well everyone else has already welcomed you, and with always ready arms to any one who likes S/D as friends - or more....

Post away!!
                        Hallowed are the ORI!!! And then shoot them!!

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel
                          Sure, I'm not a S/D 'shipper at all, and they let me post here! I think what you really need to be is a fan of their friendship, whether or not it's romantic, and since you are a 'shipper, you probably have more of a right to be here than me!

Oh Myn, we are not gonna roast ya for your faults

Spoiler:

Comment

Check out this one:

clicky
                            Oh so sweet!! It could be used as another "missing scene" and it looks like a fairly recent pic since the background you can see Landry (yes my nose is touching the screen - I admire and rip off umm... pay homage too such good manips)

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by JessM
                              Ok watched with the sound off (darn office) It looks like they do have some scenes (don't know what they are saying... my lip reading skills are nill) but the way Daniel inclines his head and sidenotes to Vala makes me think

Spoiler:
                              that something may be up. Or it could just be the fact that they have been captured. It looks like they may blow up the Odyssey - what the frak? But I think body language wise he is still kind of "Oh we will get through this, but we wouldn't have been put into this if not for her. (Vala)"

So maybe I can actually LISTEN to the thing when the secretaries smoke break comes up.... either that or I will have to wait until tonight.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by rebelwriter03
                                Ok watched with the sound off (darn office) It looks like they do have some scenes (don't know what they are saying... my lip reading skills are nill) but the way Daniel inclines his head and sidenotes to Vala makes me think

Spoiler:
                                that something may be up. Or it could just be the fact that they have been captured. It looks like they may blow up the Odyssey - what the frak? But I think body language wise he is still kind of "Oh we will get through this, but we wouldn't have been put into this if not for her. (Vala)"

So maybe I can actually LISTEN to the thing when the secretaries smoke break comes up.... either that or I will have to wait until tonight.
                                Yeah...you don't get the whole scope of it when the sound is off sadly. But

Spoiler:
                                I think you may be right. Didn't Vala have some history with the Lucian Alliance or something? I thought I remember something like that. Maybe she is the reason why she and Daniel get captured?

It's hard to tell just from that. Would love to know what you think when you can listen... the thing to really look for is when they come in and he says "Hi Sam!"...the tone of voice... and that grin he has (which seems fake/sarcastic to me...unless I'm reading it wrong...*really hopes*).

Comment

Working...
                                X