No announcement yet.

Baal/Sam Carter Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've downloaded slash vids without there being warnings that they are slash vids and...ugh...

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
      I've read fics where I can see a continuation of an episode or, in particular, where a character has remained true to a portrayal. They're rare, though.

Vids edited in such a way as to change what happens in a scene. I've seen a couple of SG-1 and SGA slash vids, for instance (and it's not just slash), where they're edited to up the slash quota.
      That, I'm afraid, is a technique often used by all sides of the various Ship/Slash pairings.

It's because some videos might be about an episode, some about the ongoing relationships btw the characters, some have a theme, some don't. And some, are designed to give us an alternate view of an ep, much like fics do. 'Missing scenes' or just using images out of context to create a completley different series of events.

I've seen Sam/Jack vids where they use shots of Sam with Jacob (hand shots etc usually) and make it look like Jack. I've seen Jack/Daniel vids that use Sam/Jack ship scenes to make it look like Jack's looking at Daniel. I've seen Rodney/Shep vids that use random looks out of context to create subtext...

And of course that Sam/Baal vid, the name/creator of which has currently slipped my mind, that cut together scenes from two entirely different eps to make it look like Sam/Baal were angsting over each other (and quite effectively too ).

Anyway, my point is that vids are no different to fanfic in that fans reinterpret and sometimes completely change the material we're given to work with from the show.

Now a Sam/Thor vid I'm yet to see...but I'm sure it exists .

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich
        ooh, i DO believe it's time for a link

yes, he said it at his message board!

Woooo!

Baal has a message board!! *Jumps around like crazy*.

*hangs head in shame that this vital info escaped her*.

This just goes to show just how much uni and work and interstate travel has interferred with my obsession lately.

It's a travesty.

Checking it out now...although i gotto get to uni dang.

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
          I've downloaded slash vids without there being warnings that they are slash vids and...ugh...
          Lol.

Yes I imagine that could have been a bit of a shock to the system heh.

On the other hand, there are plenty of SG/A friendship vids out there. It's only if you see them as slash that they become slash.

Although when the lyrics are "Don't be alarmed if I fall head over feet, and don't be surprised if i love you for all that you are", I guess it would be a little hard to miss the Slashy subtext. Or should that be overtext??

Comment

I'd call that being thumped on the head by a blo*ody big anvil!

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
              And of course that Sam/Baal vid, the name/creator of which has currently slipped my mind, that cut together scenes from two entirely different eps to make it look like Sam/Baal were angsting over each other (and quite effectively too ).
              are ya talkin about merrin's?? cuz if you're not and there's baam vids out there i haven't seen, then

as for this kind of thing, if it's done well, then it's great! i'm really not so picky about vid content as long as it's well edited!!!

Comment

Interesting point made in another thread. Ba'al is a Canaanite god but his planet Erebus is Greek.

Comment

LOL!!

wait... baal has a planet???

ummm.... *needs to rewatch some eps! *

oh wait!! do you mean the one controlled by one of his underlings?? cuz the underlings still tend to still keep to the culture that they have followers from, despite what their overlords' cultures may be

though baal is ALSO an egyptian god (the same god IIRC, not just two that happen to have the same name) and egyptian culture was combined heavily with greek when the greeks conquered them and took power... so, there ya go! a connection

Comment

Whoa!!! I didn't know Ba'al had a planet either....oh boy, needs to go catch up on the episodes and pay attention more.

And Ba'al is an egyptian god...hmmm...maybe I should mention ba'al in my paper I have to write (doing it on the egyptian culture)...hehe....
                    sigpic

Comment

ok, getting around to what i said earlier <I was gone watching SG with a friend for a bit> I meant taking scenes and placing them to the sound file of the Matrix Reloaded trailer. so, if Trinity was speaking, put Carter with the lips sinked, if Neo is talking, have Ba'al lip sinking. And use scenes that fit the general idea of the commericial. So for the talk about the machines, use scenes of Replicators.

hope that helps.
                      'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

That would be cool WT! I can just picture it in my mind now.
                        sigpic

Comment

ok... i have to admit, that's a bit... odd... though i admit the fact that i hate the matrix doesn't help but it'd be coolies to have some other nifty trailer music (merrin has tons ) and have the ACTUAL characters speaking

Comment

Em, you should put something together and when you do...I wanna see it....
                            sigpic

Comment

well, I was using the Matrix as an example. You could really do it to just about anything.
                              'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

ah, ok... well, still trying to find characters saying what the voice-over is saying and having it match would be a bit too much work IMO...

PM, i would LOVE to go do it but sadly, i have novid proggy

Comment

Working...
                                X