Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where Did The Whole Merlin Thing Come From?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stone Henge maybe ancient ?
    The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father

Comment

janus got a little too involved in dark ages england?

Comment

guys go on the how do people feel about the arthurian turn sg-1 might take thread! it got all of the stuff on there.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

whats the actual mytho behind janus?
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
            whats the actual mytho behind janus?
            Janus is a two faced God.That I know from 007: Golden Eye I think he's roman deity no idea what he represnet though .Just google it.
            sigpic
            Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
              Janus is a two faced God.That I know from 007: Golden Eye I think he's roman deity no idea what he represnet though .Just google it.
              Hah who said Video Games don't edumacate!

Comment

I like this new direction. As long as TPTB handle it well enough it should turn out to be great.
                "I'm the greatest because I'm alive. That's it. Period.
                I'm not greedy. If I can catch a Goa'uld equipped with all kinds of fancy toys without risking my neck that's a damn good compromise."

Spoiler:

Comment

hey, I've liked everything major they've done so far, so I have no reason to doubt what they'll do in S9 Merlin or no Merlin.

Perfecto!

Comment

Personally, I don't like this because it's european history and that's always done. what i mean is, i liked how it was something other then exploring aliens who were english or whatever. "IF" they can put a different twist to it and make it unique, then it will be fine. I hope they can pull this off, but I have to say I'm not really looking forward to it.
                    'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Wandering Tamer
                      Personally, I don't like this because it's european history and that's always done. what i mean is, i liked how it was something other then exploring aliens who were english or whatever. "IF" they can put a different twist to it and make it unique, then it will be fine. I hope they can pull this off, but I have to say I'm not really looking forward to it.
                      I understand your misgivings.
                      I'm not greedy. If I can catch a Goa'uld equipped with all kinds of fancy toys without risking my neck that's a damn good compromise."

Spoiler:

Comment

There are actually two Merlins in Arthurian legends.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                          Please explain.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead

Care to elaborate?
                            'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

C'mon Giantevilhead.

Spoiler:

Comment

There's texts about two different Merlins, one of them went crazy and lived in the woods and one of them got trapped in a tree. It's certainly possible that they were the same person but since they have very different origins, it's likely that they were actually two seperate people.

Comment

Working...
                                X