This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lack of Organic Items

I must ask since it came up in a thread about the new emeny for the new season. In the new season the new enemy is supposed to be able to nock of the go'auld and the repicators, So someone thought they might have organic ships and other stuff.

So the question is why in this sci-fi show is there not many things organic in nature. Yes i am sure there are a couple things that are or kind of look like it, but but things are metal and better and harder metal.

All i can think about is the show Babylon 5. most advanced ships that everyone wanted or wished of were indeed organic. Lastly you would think that if the ancients did indeed have so much intelligence then why wouldnt they have what is described in use for other advanced races in the other sci-fi shows?
    Last edited by Feli; 24 February 2005, 03:19 AM.

Because by to our current knowledge in science (well...to MY current knowledge of our current knowledge...[face_oneill_raise_eyebrow]...anyways..), Biological things like spaceships wouldnt work so well. Technospaceships>organic spaceships and organic laser guns.

Technology>Nature, 'nuff said.
    FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

Not finished this one needs to be deleted.... Read the finished thread above

Comment

I think it's because of the races that use beam weapons. Metal are good conductors and can handle currents to create magnetic fields (which I'm assuming is used to launch the energy volleys used by Go'uld and Asgard motherships). Organic compounds are resistors at normal temperatures and if the alternating current passes through a resistor, that's less current that can be used to create the magnetic field to contain the energy volleys on Go'uld and Asgard motherships.

My theory is relying on Tokamak reactors and how they confine the plasma by using a large magnetic field. And magnetic field intensity is proportional to the current (not going to look through my E&M book right now).

Comment

There might be such technology, but if you are thinking like something out of Babylon 5 then you are going to be disappointed.

Organic Tech does not mean better tech, it merely means a different way of doing things.

Comment

Then it would really be "Fargate".

Ben Browder, Claudia Black, and Leviathanesque ships/race. All that's missing is some muppets and some odd coloured people.

I really hope stargate doesnt go for 'forehead/skin colour of the week' aliens.

Comment

'forehead/skin colour of the week'
              LOL!

What about ridged nose? or pointy ears?
              Parap pup pup paaa ... I'm Lovin' It!

Comment

Working...
              X