Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Lost City had been the end...(spoilers LC)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
    That'd go over well.

Jack: "Nyah, nyah! We beat Apophis!"
    Rebel Jaffa: "Yes; when were you planning on getting that teltac you came begging to us for back?"
    Jack: "Um..."
    Rebel Jaffa: "So we hear Tek ma'te Bra'tac saved your collective hash again."
    Jack: "I got frozen! Gimme a break."
    Very nice. Well done.

My $.02-- I'd have been more pleased with LC than with Full Circle as a last episode.

As long as we're on topic, perhaps Teal'c or Prophet (or anyone) can clear something up for me.
    Had LC been the feature film, would it originally have gone straight from Full Circle to Lost City? Or would Full Circle have ended differently?
    "Frankly, we're not surprised when she starts pulling large bombs from skin-tight catsuits..."
    "Not only can Josette Simon really, really act, she gets the show's best introduction - she rescues Avon, announces he's the most beautiful man she's ever seen, then explains the only other man she's seen is her father, whose surname is, blissfully, Mellonby."
    "This is a future where the women are beautiful, the men are ugly, and the only drink is creme de menthe."
    --BBC CultTV's web review of Blake's 7 season 3 DVD (21.06.05)

Comment

I don't think the original plan was to have it go from Full Circle straight to the movie. Most of the storyline wouldn't make sense for example the Super Soldiers. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they were planning a season seven and that would finally tie up with the movie?
      __

__

Comment

It just would'nt have worked leaving it at full circle and then making the movie,as was just posted we have the super soldiers that have come in season7,the growth and return of promethus(stranded in memento season6) so season 7 has been full of the info needed to bring the end(TLC)so if it had been a feature,season 7 would have been needed what ever has happened
        "Silence"Kneel before your God
        Apophis is the english Translation for "APEPI" Serpent god of the night

Comment

Full Circle would undoubtedly have been different, as would the movie version of Lost City. What you probably would have ended up with would be SG-1 searching for the lost city in order to stop Anubis and his Eye-powered "death star".
          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Mr P, you are quite right. That would have made sense to be the ending. Anubis gets the Eye, they find trace of a lost city and they go stop Anubis. All in all, simular to what happened througout season seven
            __

__

Comment

I would have liked to see the stuff that they cut from the original script put in. Examples: the leaving of Atlantis, the stuff with Aiyanna, and the other stuff they showed in the artwork.
              Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
              Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
              Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
              Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
              Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
              Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
              Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger
                I would have liked to see the stuff that they cut from the original script put in. Examples: the leaving of Atlantis, the stuff with Aiyanna, and the other stuff they showed in the artwork.
                Well, part of last S DVD will be "Inside Lost City (3 part behind the scenes look at the last episode)" so there is hope that there will finally be shed some light into what TPTB had originally envisioned.

If LC had been the last thing we had ever heard of SG-1 (even with the major changes for the possible movie), I would have loved this ending with frozen Jack. A big question about the Ancients would have been answered, there would have been enough action and VFX, and there wouldn't be the ugly discussions between JS-shippers and anti-shippers like either "oh, they're finally together" - "blech" or "I'll never watch anything produced by those TPTB for letting us shippers down" - "well that's your own fault". It would have been an ending where all the fans could reunite in their sadness (or hate at TPTB ) and everyone could have imagined their own happy end with the beginning of Atlantis. (That's at least my impression and you're free to disagree).
                No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

I really hope that the DVD sheds some light on the real original planned ending for Stargate and they show the artwork with Atlantis flying off. I think that would have been great if it did happen
                  __

__

Comment

I really hope there is good special features on the finale ... i can't wait
                    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Judging by the DVD commentries it seems there will be
                      __

__

Comment

Darnit...now I have to go watch TLC again.

Off the top of my head, I don't think it would have been as good a series ending as Full Circle was. Then again, when they wrote and filmed Full Circle, they actually thought it was the end, so I'm glad that worked. I only think TLC wouldn't have worked as a series end because you can't leave the Main Character (O'Neill) hanging like that. You could ascend him, kill him, rescue him or send him to another dimension, but you can't just leave him in limbo and hope that the storyline gets wrapped in the mess that is an opener to an entirely different series.

As an aside, I think Those Damn Furlings would make a fine title for a spin-off.
                        Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                        O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                        - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                        - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                        once done, cannot be undone...
                        brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

You're right. They wrote it as it WASN'T the end, unlike Full Circle
                          __

__

Comment

IMO Full Circle wouldn't have made a good show ender.

It worked fine for bridging into s7 but IMO it was severly lacking for a show ender.

As for TLC being the end, if they had made it a movie like they had originally planned, then yes I'd say it probably would have been very good for ending the show, because they would have brought things to a better conclusion. IE Jack wouldn't be stuck on ice, and the team wouldn't be waiting for the 3 month review proccess to see what the civilian leaders decide, etc. etc...

So while it wouldn't be the best ending for the whole show IMO, it would definately have been good. However I liked it better as a season ender then a show ender

Here's hoping s8 ends just as well
                            ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                            The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

I hope season 8 ends good as well, i liked TLC though, i liked it alot. Ok, i will not repeat, but i also don't think Full Circle wouldn't have been a good ender for a series.
                              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I agree. I liked season 6 and Full Circle would have been a terrible end. i hated season 7 but glad it happened because because TLC was so good.
                                It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Working...
                                X