This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Maybe we should rename the show "As the Stargate Turns"...."

The problem with that is it never turns, it doesn't ever do anything almore. Wait that does match the sounds of season 8, nothing happens, zzzzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzz.

BTW - Wasn't Voyager's last episode called EndGame? And Highlander 2? Both of those suck, I see three strikes and it's out!
    It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by prion
      Another NID storyline?

Will we ever get the team through the gate again? Seems we're getting stuck with more and more stories of the team on Earth, dealing with politics, love plots, etc.

Maybe we should rename the show "As the Stargate Turns"....
      Like Sands Through the Hourglass, so are the Days of SG-1....::tootling music in the background::

Gotta give 'em one for that really original episode title too.

Comment

Could be a good episode, but if it's anything like Ressurection, it'll be garbage. Man, that episode left a BAD taste in my mouth.

SPOILERS
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        Yeah, I read somewhere that Kinsey was still going to be around next year, outside of the political system though. So it could have to do with him, which would be cool IMO. I would also love to see Sarah/Osiris back. There was some speculation that she wasn't properly de-Goa'ulded, and that the episode title Chimera was a hint, something having to do with the mythology of the Chimera story.
        Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
        http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

*smacks everyone who's complaining, very hard*

Wow! So we know that the episode features so ex-NID action, now called "The Trust" (Oh God, it's similar to a name in another show, THEY'RE RIPPING IT OFF!!!), and that it features 'the heist to end all heists'. Sorry if I feel optimistic about this episode, which looks like it will continue on some story lines from loads of episodes (as opposed to Icon, which seems Revisions-ish, but nobody complains because it's about Daniel...).

Now, some good stuff. "The heist to end all heists"? What jumps out at me at first is the Stargate, I mean, what's bigger? (They've already tried Prometheus) BUT Joe's quote doesn't actually say the Trust are performing said heist, what if it's SG-1? I don't know what it would be, but it could be them!

And I really hope to see Sarah or Osiris back in this episode (preferably both ), why don't you all focus on that instead of the *gasp* Two NID episodes!!! :O

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
            "The Trust" (errmm kind of sounds like "The Covenant" and Sydney, Vaughn and Arvin had it first!), "shadowy international business cabal", "get alien technology" was that this sounds like an episode of "Alias" to me.
            Well then Alias sounds like a rip-off of the X-Files and its short lived spin-off Millenium. Its Sci-Fi, and nowadays conspiracy theory is deeply imbedded into any sci-fi show but especially in those based on earth.

As for the ep in particular, here are some more theories
            -heist to end all heists has gotta be the Stargate or at least a Stargate, maybe with the help of Prometheus they get one from another planet.
            -touching on Chimera, maybe Pete comes in to give a hand because the Trust are civilians
            -touching on Last Stand and Summit, probably using that chemical that Daniel used on Yu so that the Trust can infiltrate the SGC or maybe they finally talk about the Goauld eating symbiotes or maybe the Trust got its hands on the Tok'ra poison that kills symbiotes

Just some thoughts...

Comment

As I've said before, plenty of people have complained about the lack of original plot in Icon(I don't know why you say "Revision-ish" sounds far more like a cross between 100 Days and New Ground to most of the rest of us) but at least that takes place on another planet, involves The Big Round Thing as an integral part of the plot(as opposed to just a Big Round Secret to be hidden or revealed) and humanity on another world--something I always liked in the original concept of the series which seems to have become almost completely lost, the idea of finding and helping to inform and/or free the descendents of humans taken centuries ago through slavery or misdirection of their beliefs. Helping them to find out part of their true history as well as the interest in seeing how their developmental path diverged from their home world(Earth). How the team's interaction with them changes both them and the members of SG-1, for better and for worse.

Now Icon isn't about that per se but at least it does involve some vague resemblance to that original idea(too bad when they rip themselves off they don't even rip off particularly good episodes, though I did rather like New Ground). Whereas Endgame and most of the other spoilers this season involve being Earthbound, the NID(in one form or another), conspiracy and rogue operations. Affinity is Earthbound(Teal'c gets himself a troubled honey(in keeping the SG-1 Gets L**d theme they seem to have going) and ends up involved in a murder mystery--where's Angela Landsbury when you need her?), Avatar is Earthbound, Lockdown is largely Earthbound, Zero Hour might be half and half depending on how they handle the SG-1 captured scenario.

So far it seems like Icon and New Order might be the only episodes we've heard of so far that have any real focus on what is actually through the Stargate as opposed to the SGC trying to hide the Stargate, keep the Stargate to themselves or tell someone on earth about the Stargate. Making the Stargate a relatively inactive prop, an object to be possessed, a chess piece, as opposed to an active part of the plots. I always had alot of affection for the BRT, it was almost like another character, a fifth member of the team despite being technically inanimate most of the time.

Comment

wait wait, the heist to end all heists? are they copying the Ocean 11's plot? the team travels to another world to break into a vault!!!!!

Why not? At least it would be different.

snore.

Comment

They better have Jennifer Garner guest star. Alias/Stargate crossover! Oh yeah!
                  "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

well to me it needs all those aspects to show that the characters are human, and the politics is needed because esentially the stargate is run by the government on the show. IMO, they need the earth bound eps to help the show evolve i mean it is essentially sg-1 so aslong as those characters are in it as far as im concerned its true to the shows title.
                    Back onto topic i like this episode and the other episodes described for s8 so far, i love the NID and 'the hiest to end all hiests' im certain has somethin to do with the stargate itself.

Comment

Originally posted by David85
                      "Maybe we should rename the show "As the Stargate Turns"...."

The problem with that is it never turns, it doesn't ever do anything almore. Wait that does match the sounds of season 8, nothing happens, zzzzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzz.

BTW - Wasn't Voyager's last episode called EndGame? And Highlander 2? Both of those suck, I see three strikes and it's out!
                      The episode name "Endgame" was also in Babylon 5... And believe me, it was a great episode!
                      sigpic
                      In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Endgame was Highlander 4; 2 was The Quickening, 3 was The Sorcerer/The Final Dimension.

If Endgame is to have the 'heist to end all heists', all I can say is that they'd better have Minis.

O'Neill: Barrett! You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!
                        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

id love to see a mini go through the stargate theyd probably fit, id love it if that happened in endgame

Comment

Originally posted by the_fours
                            id love to see a mini go through the stargate theyd probably fit, id love it if that happened in endgame
                            "Alright, now floor it, then hit the brakes or we'll be in the peltac!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                              "Alright, now floor it, then hit the brakes or we'll be in the peltac!"
                              take a right turn at the pyramid and for good sakes dont scratch the paint work if you hit any jaffa.

not that im endorsing running people down

Comment

"What? Me in the back of the teltac? With my Asthma?"

I could keep doing this all day.

Is a teltac the Goa'uld equivalent of a Mini, do you think? Small, nippy; a surprising amount of room in the back.

Comment

Working...
                                X