Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many times have you rewatched Stargate SG1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've watched a lot of episodes more then once. But the show as a whole, only once all the way through. I've tried to do a rewatch, but I end up skipping episodes I didn't like and then jumping to ones I loved.
    sigpic

Comment

I've rewatched the whole series about 15-20 times.

Comment

I have re-watched Sg-1 atleast 4 times maybe 5, SGA maybe twice, and i actually haven't re-watched SGU

I also maybe do a Stargate re-watch every 3-4 years or atleast whenever i get in the mood to start a Stargate re-watch which is usually 3-4 years apart, i recently completed my 4th or 5th time re-watching SG-1 not 2 years ago
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

Dang... I'm seeing some posts with 20-30+ times watching the show, and here I am making myself re-watch it for the first time. While I am enjoying experiencing the show for the first time after about eight years of having finished it and moved on to other shows, I still remember some of my favorite episodes and am growing impatient to see them.

Still, watching it again after so many years is almost like seeing it all for the first time. Even for the episodes I do remember, there are many details I'm probably only picking up on this time around, and perhaps I have a better understanding of things now that I'm older.

At least, I would hope.

Comment

Well SG-1 I was catching reruns in high school that the Sci-fi (or now Syfy) channel would play, then I just recently bought the full SG-1 series, I've owned SGA series for a while and have probably re-watched the full thing 5-7 times, then re-watched SGU while it was airing then twice since I bought it on DVD. because the nature of my watching on Sci-fi channel I have probably re-watched certain 'fan favorite' episodes on the plus side of twenty time.

Great news however, I am re-watching SG-1 through with my girlfriend, she's a first time viewer, so seeing her excitement, frustration, awe and love for the show makes me feel a new vigor for my old show.

Comment

I was going to start.

Comment

On the original run on TV I thought I only saw the first season, but I'm watching on Netflix now and I'm nearly finished Season Two and a lot of those episode seem very familiar so I think I must have seen those too.

Does anyone have any advice for watching Stargate (and others shows) and avoiding looking at the screen grab/synopsis of the next episode?

I know it should be a simple matter of looking away, but I can't help staring and reading and more often than not, the text and images are complete spoilers.

How do I break the habit?

Comment

It's on Netflix?

Comment

Originally posted by jestermon View Post
                    It's on Netflix?
                    That depends on what country you live in
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

I've probably watched the whole series 5 or 6 times. I've watched some episodes more times than that though.

*The episodes I've probably watched the most are: Children of the Gods, Cold Lazarus, Enigma, Tin Man, There But for the Grace of God, Within the Serpent's Grasp, Secrets, The Serpent's Lair, Serpent's Song, 1969, Legacy, Point of View, Forever in a Day, Jolinar's Memories, The Devil You Know, Urgo, The Other Side, Window of Opportunity, Scorched Earth, 2010, Absolute Power, Exodus, Enemies, Between Two Fires, 2001, Menace, Meridian, Frozen, Abyss, Unnatural Selection, Paradise Lost, The Changeling, Full Circle, Fallen, Grace, Heroes: Pts. 1 & 2, Lost City, Lockdown, Reckoning: Pts. 1 & 2 , Threads, Babylon, The Fourth Horseman: Pts. 1 & 2, Collateral Damage, Ripple Effect, Arthur's Mantle, The Pegasus Project, Counter Strike, The Quest: Pts. 1 & 2, The Road Not Taken, The Shroud, Bad Guys and Unending.

I've probably watched Window of Opportunity the most out or all of them.

*Sorry about the really long list, I was really bored lol.
                      sigpic

Comment

I've gone through the series a few times, minus the ones I don't like.

Comment

I should do a big Stargate rewatch someday because I only watched the entire thing once. Shameful I know.
                          Back from the grave.

Comment

Currently doing a second complete rewatch (now half-way through season 8). So after this rewatch, it'll be three times total I've watched SG-1.

Comment

Originally posted by ZRFTS View Post
                              I should do a big Stargate rewatch someday because I only watched the entire thing once. Shameful I know.
                              Well, ten seasons is a lot of time to devote to watching a show, especially one that you can watch continuously on DVD. With everything else out there to keep myself occupied, that's one big reason why I'm only watching the show again for the first time after ten years.
                              rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Originally posted by Janet Fraiser View Post
                                Well, ten seasons is a lot of time to devote to watching a show, especially one that you can watch continuously on DVD. With everything else out there to keep myself occupied, that's one big reason why I'm only watching the show again for the first time after ten years.
                                True...

There's a lot of stuff you missed out on; tons of ships, tons of discussion, tons of remorse for the cancellation of Stargate.

At least the GateWorld has it all archived.
                                Back from the grave.

Comment

Working...
                                X