The Nox & Genocide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Nox & Genocide

Suppose Omoc, the Tollan councilman, had approached their allies the Nox about their Anubis dilemma:

A Goa'uld has attacked our world with incomparably superior weaponry, and have given us the option between helping them exterminate human worlds or being exterminated ourselves.

How do you think the Nox would have responded?
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

They certainly would not have gone along with it. They may even have warned earth about it. I don't think their pacifism would allow them to keep quiet about it.

Comment

I think the Nox would have shielded them from Anubis and allowed them to escape somewhere else. Although I wonder how Anubis would handle the Nox. It would have been an interesting storyline.

Comment

Yeah well it is strange that they did not show the nox again... after the asgards gave them a lot of technology, i would have guessed that the nox would have helped them even more as they are now "trustworthy". But they were pretty much forgotten. I also hate how every tollan was exterminated. I would have wanted their contributions to continue and a representative of both sides should have been helping us just like the asgards did.

Comment

Originally posted by destiny khan View Post
          Yeah well it is strange that they did not show the nox again... after the asgards gave them a lot of technology, i would have guessed that the nox would have helped them even more as they are now "trustworthy". But they were pretty much forgotten. I also hate how every tollan was exterminated. I would have wanted their contributions to continue and a representative of both sides should have been helping us just like the asgards did.
          The Asgard didn't give the Nox any technology. The Nox had their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
            I think the Nox would have shielded them from Anubis and allowed them to escape somewhere else. Although I wonder how Anubis would handle the Nox. It would have been an interesting storyline.
            Or the Ori for that matter.
            It was one of the great mistakes SG1 made, never interacting with the Nox again after pretence.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              The Asgard didn't give the Nox any technology. The Nox had their own.
              oh yeah... i meant "humans" by "them".... nox should have helped earthlings when earthlings had technology enough for space travels and what not. We can understand that the tollans were exterminated so no contact from them but the nox were our allies.

The nox were as advanced as ancients in my book. Their healing and mental capabilies were pretty much close to ancients... tollans were mere humans and asgards were only intelligent but not as intelligent as the nox who had prior like abilites. And they looked like people who could ascend and might have a dna close to that of the ancients. I think the writers chose to ignore them and focused solely on the ancients. The nox could have atleast helped us with the technology that is not military.

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                I think the Nox would have shielded them from Anubis and allowed them to escape somewhere else.
                Then why do you think the Tollan didn't go that route?
                sigpic
                "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by destiny khan View Post
                  oh yeah... i meant "humans" by "them".... nox should have helped earthlings when earthlings had technology enough for space travels and what not. We can understand that the tollans were exterminated so no contact from them but the nox were our allies.

The nox were as advanced as ancients in my book. Their healing and mental capabilies were pretty much close to ancients... tollans were mere humans and asgards were only intelligent but not as intelligent as the nox who had prior like abilites. And they looked like people who could ascend and might have a dna close to that of the ancients. I think the writers chose to ignore them and focused solely on the ancients. The nox could have atleast helped us with the technology that is not military.
                  Prob, even when we started with the tolan, we were 'still children' to the nox. Since they had their gate closed off for so long, we don't know if we had 'advanced' from children status in their eyes. So no sharing of anything.

Comment

as nox policy in the failed invasion by zipacna pointed out, the nox may conceal a weapon but not fire it, treading a very thin line. they would not agree with using force to repel the goa'uld and thinking humans had to "learn" as they put it, they would not incite a human attack as it is not the way they believe, if they were present they would prevent deaths occuring to either side.

so why didn't they hide the tollans? maybe the tollan people are a bit proud and arrogant, (the goa'uld couldn't possibly take out all our cannons - fail) only by being exposed more to earth ideas was narim able to ask for help.

as for nox giving technology, it does not appear to be their way to be violent and so they probably don't have offensive weapons tech and probably don't want to associate with humans as we are still not ready yet, sure ou can have ships that can cut down your enemies but that is not the nox way. they may have been as advanced as the ancients but the ancients were more technology based the nox appear to be spiritual like near ascended being, having shed the use of technology for their goals.

i think it is noted the tollan weren't all wiped out but they were ravaged beyond the ability to rebuild their former level of society. the nox never really stated an alliance with earth, (we were too young minded) they were however, and i find it interesting this isn't looked into more on the show, in an alliance with tok'ra and tollan (both stated more advanced than us) and previously a member of the four races. but the nox are neutral so they are friends to everyone.

either the tollans were loyal enough not to endanger the nox or the nox were pulling the asgard trick of you need to help yourselves that writers use to create a story where it can't just be stopped by the more powerful races.

Comment

I think that the tollans were to arrogant to ask for help, if I remember correctly they didn't want Earth's help either. I think that they didn't ask the Nox for help, because if they did the Nox would have found a peaceful way to help them escape.

I also like to think that maybe after Earth got Asgard technology they were able to reopen a relationship with the nox.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                        I think that the tollans were to arrogant to ask for help, if I remember correctly they didn't want Earth's help either. I think that they didn't ask the Nox for help, because if they did the Nox would have found a peaceful way to help them escape.

I also like to think that maybe after Earth got Asgard technology they were able to reopen a relationship with the nox.
                        When did we lose our relationship with the Nox? The last we heard about them was Season 5, "Between Two Fires", and things were fine at that time.

Comment

Working...
                        X