Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who didn't hate seasons 9 and 10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I the only one who didn't hate seasons 9 and 10?

Surely I can't be the only one?

Come tell me why you do or don't hate them.
    sigpic

While I preferred the events that took place prior to the Ori, I still enjoyed Seasons 9 & 10 and felt there were some really strong portions.
    sigpic

Comment

Agreed with Spimman. I prefer the Goa'uld as the enemy rather than the Ori, but I also like Ben and Claudia a lot, so..
      "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
      "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
      "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
      "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
      >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Yeah, I didn't like the Ori as an enemy, but I really enjoyed the stand-alone episodes with Mitchell & Vala.
        sigpic

Comment

I didn't dislike it. There were several episodes that I really liked, and one or two that I don't care to see again (like "Collateral Damage").

Comment

I'm only into the beginning of season 10, I don't love the Ori, and I miss O'Neill, but other than that I like it so far.

Comment

I didn't hate them at all. I didn't like the Ori, but I loved Ben Browder and Claudia Black.
              sigpic

Comment

I loved S9 and S10. It was a vast improvement over the trainwrecks were I felt RDA was phoning it in.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Sparrow View Post
                  Surely I can't be the only one?

Come tell me why you do or don't hate them.
                  I didn't like anything after about the middle of Season 7, and even that was stretching it.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                  Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                  sigpic
                  now also appearing on DeviantArt
                  Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Like 9 but love 10... as far as my sister and I are concerned, Vala saved SG1 big time.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

One of my favorite scenes in the entire series is Vala's "miss me?" to Daniel.
                      sigpic

Comment

I loved all 10 seasons. It didn't bother me to see O'Neill go because I have 8 seasons on DVD with him in it. Just wish there would have been one or two more seasons so we could have seen more of SG1 and Mitchell.

As long as I'm wishing, might as well add that I'd have loved to have seen one season with both O'Neill and Mitchell in the series... I just think there could have been some great eps of O'Neill trying to be base commander and Mitchell trying to lead SG1 with O'Neill looking over his shoulder (backseat driving/letting go ).
                        sigpic

Comment

Well ive seen series 9 but not ten.

one episode i really like is where daniel is in a bar and apparently he is talking to anubis..

i had no problem wiith jack no longer being there.
                          jack was a bit too funny.

i felt the other members of sg-1 where more important than jack they helped solve problems with there knowlege. etc.
                          whaty was jack good at compared to those 3.
                          Last edited by REPLICATOR SAM; 09 July 2013, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by REPLICATOR SAM View Post
                            Well ive seen series 9 but not ten.

one episode i really like is where daniel is in a bar and apparently he is talking to anubis..
                            i had no problem wiith jack no longer being there.
                            jack was a bit too funny.

i felt the other members of sg-1 where more important than jack they helped solve problems with there knowlege. etc.
                            whaty was jack good at compared to those 3.
                            That scene is in Season 8, "Threads". He's in a diner where he talks to both Oma Desala and Anubis/Jim.

Comment

I kind of stopped watching during Seasons 9 and 10. While I liked Cam, I was disappointed Jonas never made another appearance, didn't like the new and improved Action Jackson (Geek Daniel had been my favorite character) and thought Vala was sexpot awful (never been so disappointed, because I loved CB's Aeryn Sun).

But since time has passed I think I might go back someday and watch them. Just to see what I missed. I did watch the series finale and wasn't too impressed.

Sorry for the sour grapes.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X