Stargate SG-1 Rewatch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Mmm... maybe I should just go ahead then, and hope for the best.
    Oh, go on, you don't know until you try!!

Me watching SGU, and you SGA -- seems like fair trade-off.
    Sounds good to me. Who knows, we might come away from this rewatch with more of an appreciation of what made our least favourite series great to watch for the other!

Comment

My rewatch starts tomorrow... didn't have my DVD's along for the weekend.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

My rewatch starts tomorrow... didn't have my DVD's along for the weekend.
        Sounds great! I've started and have watched the first episode.

Comment

One more question before take-off... we just discuss the episodes in the already existing episode threads?

Comment

I thought we were discussing them in this thread? If there's no kind of a site rule against it, it would be a lot easier to keep track of one thread than it would be to subscribe to all the episode threads.
            sigpic

Comment

That's fine by me. ... I have to admit that is fairly simple.

Comment

I'd love to discuss the episodes in here but it might get confusing after a while... anyhow, here be my thoughts on Children of the Gods.

Comment

One more question before take-off... we just discuss the episodes in the already existing episode threads?
                  I apologize, I should've specified earlier. I believe it would be easier to keep up and discuss everything on this thread. I believe it will make things so much easier to do. That way only the people doing the Rewatch will be discussing it. =) I'm excited to get it started!

Comment

In the past indvidual rewatches have been on the original thread
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Children of the Gods was a great Pilot episode for the series. This episode is the reason why I started watching Stargate to begin with. It made me fall in love with the characters and I love how their relationship grows from there.

As I watched Children of the Gods this weekend, I always take in something new it seems. This is something I've heard gone over before, but I still do not understand how Apophis was able to take his Jaffa back through the gate. The gate shuts off and they seem to open the wormhole again. Did Apophis have a remote control like object to open the gate? This is just springs my curiosity.

By the end of the episode, you know you're in for a journey. The group has just learned of the many Stargates around the galaxy and that they could reach some of these destinations. The episode ends with the thought, what will happen to Teal'c? For a first tome watcher this is a major cliffhanger in the Pilot. But we all know what happens

All in all a great episode to start a wonderful series!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        In the past indvidual rewatches have been on the original thread
                        Originally posted by bradjohnson View Post
                        I apologize, I should've specified earlier. I believe it would be easier to keep up and discuss everything on this thread. I believe it will make things so much easier to do. That way only the people doing the Rewatch will be discussing it. =) I'm excited to get it started!
                        I'll be posting in both threads... of course, there could be minor adjustments.

Children of the Gods was a great Pilot episode for the series. This episode is the reason why I started watching Stargate to begin with. It made me fall in love with the characters and I love how their relationship grows from there.
                        I can't be entirely sure whether COTG was the first episode I saw since I was flipping through channels the first time I watched an episode of SG1 and I sorta flipped right into the middle of the action. However, after that one time I did get into the show by watching it in order, and quickly caught up to the fourth season which was then being aired in the US (I'm from Europe).

As I rewatched the episode I literally smiled at the thought of how much I have enjoyed watching SG1 as a team, and as a show. The characters, the stories, the backdrops, the effects, the excitement and the adventure.

As I watched Children of the Gods this weekend, I always take in something new it seems.
                        Like unsteady foamy rocks (when they're defending the chapa'ai on Chulak) or rubbery staff-weapons bouncing back and forth as a reaction to being thrown forward in order to block the path to Apophis' private chamber.

This is something I've heard gone over before, but I still do not understand how Apophis was able to take his Jaffa back through the gate. The gate shuts off and they seem to open the wormhole again. Did Apophis have a remote control like object to open the gate? This is just springs my curiosity.
                        I believe a scene was added in the director's cut (not the showtime version) in which they show Apophis dialing the gate in the control room.

However, in the original version I can only explain it as a jump in time. They cut away the dialing and immediately go from arriving through the gate to leaving again.

By the end of the episode, you know you're in for a journey. The group has just learned of the many Stargates around the galaxy and that they could reach some of these destinations. The episode ends with the thought, what will happen to Teal'c? For a first tome watcher this is a major cliffhanger in the Pilot. But we all know what happens
                        COTG remains a good beginning to the story that is SG1. And you can't help but wonder what's going to come next... I mean, we just learned that there more "Gods" out there, and even more stargates. There's a whole load of trouble to get into next.

Comment

COTG remains a good beginning to the story that is SG1. And you can't help but wonder what's going to come next... I mean, we just learned that there more "Gods" out there, and even more stargates. There's a whole load of trouble to get into next.

Agreed! Watching Children of the Gods just makes me excited for the adventures I know they will partake in. Stargate SG-1 is definitely a series that could be watched a million times over!

Comment

As I watched Children of the Gods this weekend, I always take in something new it seems. This is something I've heard gone over before, but I still do not understand how Apophis was able to take his Jaffa back through the gate. The gate shuts off and they seem to open the wormhole again. Did Apophis have a remote control like object to open the gate? This is just springs my curiosity.

All in all a great episode to start a wonderful series!
                            I could give you some technical reason but the simple reason TPTB messed up. The first few seasons of SG1 have continuity errors that are just ignored as the Stargate world is fleshed out. The Jaffa undergo many story changes as the series develops
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              The Jaffa undergo many story changes as the series develops
                              Like the Wraith - from hard to kill to one bullet will do the trick!

Comment

Like the Wraith - from hard to kill to one bullet will do the trick!

Thats just a science fiction cliche. The Jaffa were hard to kill at first but then became easy to kill. If you are a Star Trek fan , the Borg and Jem'Hadar became easy to kill
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X