X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avenger 2.0

Oh Felger, you silly man!

This is such a hilarious episode.

Let's use a virus to disable the gate (and unwittingly the entire network). Ba'al's one sneaky Goa'uld there, though when an opportunity arises from which one can get more power... it was just too good to pass up on.

The episode in which Carter carries the Carter Special. A friend of mine replicated that weapon and added it to his collection. I'm jealous at his wall but especially at that gun, cause it looks awesomesauce.

//++//

Birthright

Let's bring in the Amazones. It's a good story, not great. The greatest opposer will change her mind in the end, love interest for Teal'c (Chris wrote the episode after all), and all round kick-ass goodness.

There's a flaw in Mollek's, or whatever his name is, design to kill the girls. If the boys get to live, but the girls in their generation don't -- who do they mate with when they come of mating age? Even with their long life they will have to have a mate at some point in time to sustain Mollek's armies.

Anyway... loved to see horses again, especially the black one was pretty and regal.

Carter's reaction is priceless on two occasions. First when O'Neill says he's eager to help in whatever way when Daniel suggest they could be captured as mates (bar Carter then). And the second time when she tries to explain the "special bond"... awkward!

And I really liked the few actual chainmail jewelry that was presented. Loved that!

//++//

Evolution I

And all of a sudden Nicaragua looks suspiciously like British Columbia, odd... I thought it was all jungle.

Anyhow, Daniel and Lee away to Honduras to go find the Fountain of Youth, and then they get kidnapped. Just great!

All the while the other third of SG1 learns once again that plan A never works, and back-up plans are essential to have.

First time we see the supersoldiers. They are awesome and scary, and mostly unstoppable.

That's one armor I'd love to own in replica version.

//++//

Evolution II

So, Anubis has a whole army of these Kull warriors. How screwed does that make us... very, I'd say. I at least expected Carter to say as much when they look down upon the many, many warrior bowing down to their lord and master.

They at least manage to destroy the queen bee, no more little goa'ulds for Anubis to print with evil thoughts.

All the while Daniel and Lee are having plenty of fun high up the mountain, being tortured for information. You just know Lee will spill his guts in the blink of an eye.

But, if the rebels left the device on while they were chasing down their captives turned runners, wouldn't it have revived those dead guys lying in the grass? Or were they too far away from the device? Or exposed not long enough perhaps?
    Last edited by Falcon Horus; 07 November 2013, 08:58 AM.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Grace

Carter bangs her head against the wall, and as a result lots of figments of her own making start to appear, except for the girl who keeps singing Twinkle, twinkle, little star ... now I'm stuck with it, and I don't even know the text passed the first line.

So, she's stuck in a nebula... If I'm not mistaken, this has been done before in Star Trek, loads of times, in Farscape so I guess Stargate couldn't stay behind. Nebula's really are tricky places to be in.
      But oh look, the attackers managed to get themselves stuck along with the Prometheus. Nice flying there, dudes!

It's a very uneventful episode really... there's Carter, concussed and slowly going cuckoo.

And they had to repeat that whole business in Atlantis three or so years later... Why?

Fun to see Grodin as the weapons officer. Was he Grodin back then too? He isn't credited under a name, just as a weapons officer. Nevertheless, cool to catch his cameo.

//++//

Fallout

Jonas Quinn is back! And so are the Langarians... oh gosh, I'm with Jack on this one. No patience in the world is enough to stick it out with these people.

It's also the his and her-style episode. So, that's what's fashionable on Langaria now... hairstyle wise anyway.
      But they were such a nice pair together. Too bad his girlfriend turns out to be a Goa'uld. Good thing, we're best friends with the Tok'ra who can help out when it so pleases them.

And we learn a bit more about naquadria and naquadah. Interesting science!

I really enjoyed this episode, and I loved seeing Jonas again even if it's only for one episode.

//++//

Chimera

So, Osiris comes beaming down for a visit and invades Daniel's dreams in order to locate the lost city which I imagine is Atlantis. You'll get there, just you wait...

Anyhow, at the same time Carter is humming the Stargate-theme in the elevator cause apparently -- [sing-song voice] Carter has a boyfriend! ... who comes out of nowhere. So that's where they stole the idea from with Kanaan on Atlantis. He also came out of seemingly nowhere. He just appeared, same as Pete. No build-up, just poof and he was there.

Pete seems like a nice guy, very romantic... and then he does a background check. Now, some folks might find that err... stalkery? ... but he knew Sam was keeping something from him, and relationships cannot be build on lies, they don't last. So, in a way I understand what he did, but it still doesn't give him a good start with me. However, Carter at the same time was convinced she blew it with him when he said as much... how relationships need an open and honest base to build on.

Anyway, onwards... Finally, Daniel figures out what is happening... or rather Teal'c does, and they set a trap for Osiris. Pete chose a wonderful time to come wandering into their little set-up. Nice timing he has.

And most importantly... Daniel saves Sarah. Well, the Tok'ra do, but of all the people he's lost to the Goa'uld he at least can save Sarah and I think for him as a character that's very important progress. Too bad though, that we never revisit Sarah and how she copes with what Osiris has done to her.

//++//

Death Knell

First of: do we pronounce the K or is it a silent K? Is it Knell or 'nell? It's Knell, right?
      Never mind. Just watched the Director's Series with Peter Deluise and he pronounces it as 'nell.

Anyway... this episode is Carter whump galore, and we get the family discount too. Kick-ass Carter trying to blow Kull warrior (Dan Payne rocks it good!) to kingdom come, and it almost works. That scene where he rises from the sand is just awesome. Carter's so frakked in that moment.

Other Carter is out cold under half a tree but I'm sure he got his kicks in too.

And the alliance between the Tok'ra, the Jaffa and the Tauri is now officially kaput! Well, it's not entirely dead but they do go each their separate ways. I do agree with the Jaffa that they need to find their place again, he does have a good point. The Tok'ra are just arrogant little weasels who haven't changed a bit since we first met them.

Anyhow, lots of explosions in this one... lots of whump which I lurve! And then some. Not bad.
      Last edited by Falcon Horus; 08 November 2013, 02:49 PM. Reason: Peter Deluise knows best.

Comment

Is it too late to join the re-watch?

Comment

Originally posted by Optics View Post
          Never to late !!!
          Signature removed by popular demand...

Comment

Originally posted by Optics View Post
            Never too late, and if you should start from the beginning that's all fine. We don't mind discussing it all over again.

Comment

Working...
            X