This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crossover Episodes

While they happened often on Atlantis, they were a rarity on SG-1. Does anyone know why the crossovers were always shuffled to the spin-off show? There was the Time Jumper in the eighth season. I guess you could count McKay's appearances in "Moebius" since they occur after he went to Atlantis. There were virtually no crossovers in the ninth season. For the tenth season, there was "The Pegasus Project" which was basically an Atlantis episode with SG-1 credits. hah Then there was McKay again in "The Road Not Taken." Do we count Col. Ellis's cameo in The Ark of Truth?

Probably because they wanted SGA to benefit from the success (and viewers) of SG-1, not vice versa.
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Fair enough, I'll grant you that. At least we got "The Pegasus Project." I guess another angle is that the Atlantis characters had reason to go back to Earth, allowing for the SGC to be featured and for various characters to appear. On SG-1, there was never really a reason to go to Atlantis (besides the failed attempt and "The Pegasus Project"). Still, it would have been nice, no?

Comment

From the start of SGA, i felt there was not much of a reasonig for SG1 to cross over except to render assistance.. Or to research something (such as when daniel and mccay were looking for Janus's lab.

Comment

There were plenty of SG-1 crossovers on Atlantis without it being "SG-1 helps the expedition." In fact, it was downright frequent! Sometimes, there were a few crossovers in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
            There were plenty of SG-1 crossovers on Atlantis without it being "SG-1 helps the expedition." In fact, it was downright frequent! Sometimes, there were a few crossovers in a row.
            I don't remember it being *that* frequent but yeah, there was a constant SG-1 presence in the show even though it was supposed to be separate. I do think most of them were Earth people there for support.
            Back from the grave.

Comment

Well lets see.. Other than the 'dream scape' in S1 no crossovers.
              Don't remember any in S2 though with sam showing up in rodney's dreams in "grace under pressure" you might call that a cross over.
              S3 had mccay and mrs miller.. the real world, not sure if 1st strike counts.
              S4 adrift and lifeline would count only cause of samantha, then you get miller's crossing and midway.
              S5 had first contact and the lost tribe cause of danny, and enemy at the gates.. you MIGHT stretch it and say brain storm also was one due to being on earth.

Comment

Well, if SG-1, SGA and SGU would be still ongoing, we would probably get full cross-overs between the characters from all three shows in/for all three series. SG-1's cross-overs with the SGA and SGU would probably be featured in SG-1 movies, since the series was ended long before the second and third series got canned. Now SGA's cross-overs could happen either within the series itself, but we'd need at least two to three more SGA seasons to actually see a proper cross-over, since nobody would want a rushed thing or a teamup just for the sake of it.
                For SGU, I think the SGA/SGU cross-over was more likely to happen if the third series would be still on TV, since the SG-1 that was last seen was probably disbanded by the start of SGU (Daniel had his own team in SGU, and by watching "Air, Part I", I got the impression that Sam also got a team of her own). And since SG-1's battle against evil invasion forces was all done by then as well, I just imagine Teal'c going back to his home planet to live with his family or something.

Vala and Daniel probably hooked up as well (eventually) and Laundry promoted to a higher rank or just retired.
                Last edited by Mnikolic; 11 April 2013, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X