This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was and what could have been

I could not watch SG1 on friday i could only tape it so i waited, then last night came and then i sat there as i watched one of my favorite characters look and act like a complete and utter idiot. While it was an ok episode there were some major flaws that made me want to puke. the biggest problem with it was the fact that they would even consider showing the schematics of the only known weapon that can destroy reps to a rep. yeah i have heard the argument "Carter tought she was in pain and thought she was helping." but i think thats still abit out of balance with common sense lets say for instance she was telling the truth and did want to help reps can wirelessly link that works both ways people which says to me we could have given them all they needed anyway. i guess im just alittle too intelligent to think it made any sense. Up until that episode i was ok with Carter being in command of SG-1 but now im not so sure. We will have to wait and see. so i ask the opinions of other in the area as i love to here what others think, am i all wrong was it not all Carters fault that now the reps are practally unstoppable. Was it Tealc's fault for not blasting her the second she stepped through the gate at the alpha site (which i what i would have done). Or Jack's fault for taking over at the SGC...........

ps. hello to all i have lurked here for some time but after watching Last weeks SG-1 i had to post about it. thanks for allowing the babble.
    The enemy has spoken

Welcome to the forum I agree with you I watched the episode and could not believe what had taken place it was utter stupidity if you ask me. I think it was one of the major flaws in an episode this season.

PS it might be best to talk about this in the official episode thread where this has been discussed in great detail by many people.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...050#post296050
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
      PS it might be best to talk about this in the official episode thread where this has been discussed in great detail by many people.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...050#post296050
      Had no idea that even exisited to tell you the truth thanks.........
      The enemy has spoken

Comment

Originally posted by Enemyone
        I could not watch SG1 on friday i could only tape it so i waited, then last night came and then i sat there as i watched one of my favorite characters look and act like a complete and utter idiot. While it was an ok episode there were some major flaws that made me want to puke. the biggest problem with it was the fact that they would even consider showing the schematics of the only known weapon that can destroy reps to a rep. yeah i have heard the argument "Carter tought she was in pain and thought she was helping." but i think thats still abit out of balance with common sense lets say for instance she was telling the truth and did want to help reps can wirelessly link that works both ways people which says to me we could have given them all they needed anyway. i guess im just alittle too intelligent to think it made any sense. Up until that episode i was ok with Carter being in command of SG-1 but now im not so sure. We will have to wait and see. so i ask the opinions of other in the area as i love to here what others think, am i all wrong was it not all Carters fault that now the reps are practally unstoppable. Was it Tealc's fault for not blasting her the second she stepped through the gate at the alpha site (which i what i would have done). Or Jack's fault for taking over at the SGC...........

ps. hello to all i have lurked here for some time but after watching Last weeks SG-1 i had to post about it. thanks for allowing the babble.
        Had the replicator looked like anyone else..then I would have wondered why she was so attached to that particular rep. But the fact that the rep DOES Look like her and made her believe she went through the same things that Sam went through with 5th...really does make it more believable that she would be more sympathetic to that one replicator than she would normally.

To sum it down:
        It's hard not to trust yourself...especially when that believed perfect duplicate of you has gone through the same pains as you AND after all...then there is the fact that sam...believing this rep to be her duplicate...would think to herself "I'm not capable of that"...she placed her way of thinking on the replicator...thinking that if she..sam...couldn't decieve and kill..then the replicator being a duplicate wouldn't be capable of it EITHER. And that's what makes the final moments so much more impacting...when she destoys fifth...only then does Sam realize that while this thing may look like her and be her duplicate...it's evolving in the opposite of Sam. Taking the road Sam MAY have taken if the situation was reserved and she was the replicator.
        It feels good to be alive.
        Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Working...
        X