Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anubis' new friend (This contains a Reckoning Spoiler)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anubis' new friend (This contains a Reckoning Spoiler)

DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS PROBABLY THE BIGGEST SURPRISE IN "RECONING PART 1", BUT IF YOU'VE ALREADY SEEN IT, THEN PLEASE TELL ME IF YOU AGREE WITH WHAT I'M SAYING, OR WHAT YOUR OPPINION IS, RATHER THAN JUST COMPLAINING THAT I DIDN'T WRITE "SPOILER" IN THE TITLE!

Spoiler:

After watching reconing I've been wondering how long Baal has been working for Anubis, especialy since when Anubis said "Trust in me", Baal replied "Always".

Did Baal really oppose Anubis during the war between the system lords and Anubis, or were Baal and Anubis in cahoots? If I remember properly Baal was allied with Anubis between the meeting when Anubis was first revealed untill Full Circle, so did Baal ever switch sides? Is it even possible that Baal was working with Anubis even before the rest of the system lords knew about him?

Well? Any opinions? Eh?
    Last edited by Skydiver; 26 January 2005, 12:49 PM.

VirtualCLD: calm down it's the guy's (girl's ?) first post. And this is the season 8 folder so season 8 spoilers shouldn't be to much of a shock.

Dinoflo: We have a policy hear when disscussing episodes that have not yet aired in some palces (EI) America) you need to add a line to your title saying 'Spoilers Reckoning.'
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

Comment

Im not sure how long Baals been workin for Anubis

However i specalate and this is just speculation from me that if Baal was workin for Anubis it would have been

After the episode Summit (Season 5) Due to Baal complainin that his fleet were getting destroyed ect he was probly not an ally unless he was lying or using it to allow anubis into the System Lords fold

Then changed sides again at the end of season 6 (i believe)

Season 7 he was most likley enemys still with Anubis (unless he was just playing both sides and trying to get lucky, (ya know baal, always goes for the option that can benifit him even if he fails) as he attacked Anubis fleet and destroyed Anubis mother ship over Jonas world (However Anubis did escape meaning that it could of been pre-planned if Anubis believed he was the powerfullest gou'old he would not of fled/got to his escape ship intime i think (was a short attack before it was destroyed) Baal also said to Anubis to surrender even tho he had clearly already won (instead of just destroying Anubis) if would be foolish for Baal if his Human Jaffa Army had tryed to take over Anubis ship due to Anubis seemed to have the best fighters and Kull Warriors (even tho he could of just blown Anubis ship out of the sky it would not tecnically kill Anubis as he could just have taken over Baal or anyone elses body to get to Baal)

perhaps Anubis was already ready and knew? (Baal could of informed Anubis after he knew Yu left and Baal could taken out Anubis fleet for his own reasons to make him look powerful or used it as cover to allowed Anubis to hide and re-group) to make them look enemys when they are not

Also at the end of season 7 Anubis gets destroyed and all of Anubis fleet seem to go to baal

Maby Because Baal was the next inline (as a Gou'old system Lord he was most likley seen above all the other beings due to him been a major gou'old and subservent to Anubis) he could command the Kull warriors due to Anubis absence, while the kull warriors were still tecnically loyal to Anubis, due to Baal working for Anubis they were allowed to have orders taken from Baal (due to him been seen as second in command)

Then again Baal could of just backward engeneerd the Kull Warriors untill Anubis came back and reclaimed the rest using superior tecnology

Also i believe that Baal was possibly working for Anubis (or on behalf of himself) on Zero Hour wanting to know where the "Ancient Weapon" was that camalus spoke of (due to Baal had Anubis Holograph tecnology)
      Last edited by *Crash*; 26 January 2005, 02:41 PM.
      I Have Information...

Comment

Originally posted by *Crash*
        Im not sure how long Baals been workin for Anubis

However i specalate and this is just speculation from me that if Baal was workin for Anubis it would have been

After the episode Summit (Season 5) Due to Baal complainin that his fleet were getting destroyed ect he was probly not an ally unless he was lying or using it to allow anubis into the System Lords fold

Then changed sides again at the end of season 6 (i believe)

Season 7 he was most likley enemys still with Anubis (unless he was just playing both sides and trying to get lucky, (ya know baal, always goes for the option that can benifit him even if he fails) as he attacked Anubis fleet and destroyed Anubis mother ship over Jonas world (However Anubis did escape meaning that it could of been pre-planned if Anubis believed he was the powerfullest gou'old he would not of fled/got to his escape ship intime i think (was a short attack before it was destroyed) Baal also said to Anubis to surrender even tho he had clearly already won (instead of just destroying Anubis) if would be foolish for Baal if his Human Jaffa Army had tryed to take over Anubis ship due to Anubis seemed to have the best fighters and Kull Warriors (even tho he could of just blown Anubis ship out of the sky it would not tecnically kill Anubis as he could just have taken over Baal or anyone elses body to get to Baal)

perhaps Anubis was already ready and knew? (Baal could of informed Anubis after he knew Yu left and Baal could taken out Anubis fleet for his own reasons to make him look powerful or used it as cover to allowed Anubis to hide and re-group) to make them look enemys when they are not

Also at the end of season 7 Anubis gets destroyed and all of Anubis fleet seem to go to baal

Maby Because Baal was the next inline (as a Gou'old system Lord he was most likley seen above all the other beings due to him been a major gou'old and subservent to Anubis) he could command the Kull warriors due to Anubis absence, while the kull warriors were still tecnically loyal to Anubis, due to Baal working for Anubis they were allowed to have orders taken from Baal (due to him been seen as second in command)

Then again Baal could of just backward engeneerd the Kull Warriors untill Anubis came back and reclaimed the rest using superior tecnology

Also i believe that Baal was possibly working for Anubis (or on behalf of himself) on Zero Hour wanting to know where the "Ancient Weapon" was that camalus spoke of (due to Baal had Anubis Holograph tecnology)
        I heard a rumor off a friend a couple of years ago that the Anubis we see in SG1 isn't actually Anubis at all He's someone else.

Comment

Probably after the events of Lockdown.

Anubis was drifting in space after The Lost City. He could not have controlled Baal at that point.

After Lockdown, Anubis probably showed up at the door of Baal. Anubis cannot teleport. He needs to travel. So, he showed up at Baal's. Showed off his amazing power (In one host now, and now, in another!) and then forced Baal to submission.

Comment

During Homecoming, Baal personally tried to tell Anubis to surrender. They couldnt have been allies then. If Baal was an ally, he would have dismissed Tealc's disclosure of Anubis's location or failed to act on their plan. Instead, he dealt a huge blow to Anubis's momentum.

Comment

Originally posted by Calicto
              Showed off his amazing power (In one host now, and now, in another!) and then forced Baal to submission.
              Wouldnt it have been more convenient if he just took over Baal's body?

Comment

Ok, why were some people trippin' about the spoiler. The original starter of this thread clearly stated that what he wrote contains a spoiler. It isn't the fault of the original thread starter that people don't read the original thread title. I'm not trying to be mean, but dang.....unless the "spoiler" part was added after the fact. If so, then my apologies. :-D

Comment

It was after the fact, I guess I'll go delete my original post.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
                    It was after the fact, I guess I'll go delete my original post.
                    Even after the fact, putting the names of Anubis and Baal in the thread title line constitutes a spoiler. Now those who really didn't want to know ahead of time that Baal and, more importantly, Anubis are in Reckoning Part 1 have no choice but to be spoiled as soon as they see the thread titles page.

I really don't understand why folks don't simply use the episode threads to discuss such specific issues.
                    To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Yes, the title of the thread is a spoiler : someone who did not see "Reckoning" can understand (Spoiler for "Reckoning") :
                      Spoiler:

there is Anubis in "Reckoning" and there is a relation between Baal and Anubis in "Reckoning".

I disagree with Buzz Lightyear : it's not an episode thread but a thread about 2 characters. That is different. Here, it has a link with the seasons 5, 7, 8.

The hypothesis of such a relation between Baal and Anubis is interesting. It could even explain how Anubis has succeeded to rebuild his empire without the System Lords knowing that he was 'alive'. Anubis could have stayed behind Baal for more than one thousend years.
                      Spoiler for "Reckoning" :
                      Spoiler:

In "Reckoning", Baal seems to be the Supreme System Lord untill we see there is a Goa'uld (Anubis) at his head. Yet, the System Lords did not know it. There is no reason why it is the first time there is another Goa'uld behind Baal.

Comment

Way back in season 5 'Summit' Ba'al seemed fine with the idea of letting Anubis back into the System Lord club. Considering that Ba'al believed Anubis to be destroyed last year, and then he goes and pops up again, Ba'al might actually believe Anubis is a god; He is ascended, and possesses powers that no Goa'uld have, even though Anubis was once a Goa'uld. Anubis was also the most powerful of Goa'uld, since he is able to find/build technology on par with the Ancients.

It seems to me that if you know someone is more powerful than you, and you have a will to survive, you'd ally yourself with them pretty darn quickly.
                        Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

I have to say that some of the people here are unbelievably pathetic when it comes to spoilers.

Exhibit A:

The Thread Title - "Anubis and Baal (This contains a Reckoning Spoiler)".

Exhibit B:

The warning - "DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS PROBABLY THE BIGGEST SURPRISE IN "RECONING PART 1"

Now unless you happen to be a labotomised, deaf, dumb and blind mutated chimpanzee, you should be able to infer from the above to exhibits that:

A). Ba'al and Anubis are doing something together in Reckoning.
                          B). That, despite the spoiler warning, the combination of thread title and warning has just ruined the surprise.

We all neard to learn what "subtlety" is.

BYE
                          "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Dont forget that is clearly states Anubis is in Reckoning
                            The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaBlu
                              I have to say that some of the people here are unbelievably pathetic when it comes to spoilers.

Exhibit A:

The Thread Title - "Anubis and Baal (This contains a Reckoning Spoiler)".

Exhibit B:

The warning - "DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS PROBABLY THE BIGGEST SURPRISE IN "RECONING PART 1"

Now unless you happen to be a labotomised, deaf, dumb and blind mutated chimpanzee, you should be able to infer from the above to exhibits that:

A). Ba'al and Anubis are doing something together in Reckoning.
                              B). That, despite the spoiler warning, the combination of thread title and warning has just ruined the surprise.

We all neard to learn what "subtlety" is.

BYE
                              1. It's lobotomy.
                              2. Would you like a banana?

I guess I neard (whatever that is) to learn what subtly is (note the spelling).

You could have said what you said in a much nicer fashion, don't you think?

Comment

Working...
                              X