Dr. Fraiser idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. Fraiser idea

would she have known the gate address to get back home since she rarely went off world? i have an idea for a fic but i need to know the awnser to this, my guess would be no.
    sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ussthor

Originally posted by USS Thor View Post
    would she have known the gate address to get back home since she rarely went off world? i have an idea for a fic but i need to know the awnser to this, my guess would be no.
    If not specifically stated in the show than anything is fair game but honestly no matter where she goes in the milky way it's the same 6 symbols plus POI so I figure that is stargate 101 for any SGC members regardless of rank or position. Does she likely know a list of addresses no, but getting home probably so.

Comment

But don't let that stop you if you have something good. Perhaps some mishevious alien kids swapped a few of the "keys" on the DHD like you do with stickers on an unsolvable Rubik's cube. Or the tired old "black hole" exerting some unwanted wormhole effect. Or temporary tv show amnesia. Or she is temporarily unconcious and her offworld companion/patient doesn't know, or gets mixed up and they end up somewhere unknown. When a door shuts a window opens. Good luck to you.

Comment

Tbh, I'm kind of thinking it would be SOP for any member of of the SGC to have knowledge of various addresses, IE the alpha/beta sites and earth. Saying that, if she didn't have an IDC, then it wouldn't really matter.....?

Comment

thanks
          sigpic

Comment

Seeing how they managed to take the gate back, 'win' the battle and take their wounded with them, I more or less assumed they would've taken the fallen ones with them as well. I highly doubt they would leave Janet's body behind, especially knowing that certain Goa'uld have a sarcophagus and as CMO and doctor she would have pretty valuable information. I doubt Daniel, Sam, the medics and other SGC personnel would leave their beloved CMO behind.

If for some strange reason they did leave her body (after Daniel called and probably got a medic to look at her) to rot on P3X-666, I don't think she'd have a GDO if she even had one on her before. Plus her code would be locked out of the system, so the only way home if she miraculously survived is the Alpha Site. I don't think she knows a list of planets, although she would know the address to Earth, the Alpha Site and maybe the Land of Light (seeing how it was her first and that her help could've been needed on the planet when she found the cure and to advise them on their diet). She might also know the address of Hanka, since that's where Cassie came from and she's been there herself IIRC.
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
              Seeing how they managed to take the gate back, 'win' the battle and take their wounded with them, I more or less assumed they would've taken the fallen ones with them as well. I highly doubt they would leave Janet's body behind, especially knowing that certain Goa'uld have a sarcophagus and as CMO and doctor she would have pretty valuable information. I doubt Daniel, Sam, the medics and other SGC personnel would leave their beloved CMO behind.

If for some strange reason they did leave her body (after Daniel called and probably got a medic to look at her) to rot on P3X-666, I don't think she'd have a GDO if she even had one on her before. Plus her code would be locked out of the system, so the only way home if she miraculously survived is the Alpha Site. I don't think she knows a list of planets, although she would know the address to Earth, the Alpha Site and maybe the Land of Light (seeing how it was her first and that her help could've been needed on the planet when she found the cure and to advise them on their diet). She might also know the address of Hanka, since that's where Cassie came from and she's been there herself IIRC.
              Some well thought out stuff for you here Thor. Were you referring to the Heroes ep though or were you going to do something prior to this point in time? Did they have a funeral for her toward the end of that? I can't remember if they had the body in there or no funeral at all. I have to agree that I can't see them leaving the body. But if you wan't to use this episode as a jumping off point then just start with a 2nd wave coming through forcing survivors to leave quickly and then when they tried later for a recovery mission malp showed the place was barren.

Comment

I would imagine that anyone permitted to travel through the stargate would be ordered to memorize the stargate address of Earth and the Alpha Site.

Comment

Heh. I kind of play off this myself with my Cromwell fic, in that he doesn't know how to dial home because he and his subordinates were never intended to do any gate travel at all, merely to defend it against an alien incursion. So when he wakes up at the foot of the Stargate on P2A-870, he's pretty thoroughly lost -- he doesn't know where he is, and he doesn't know how to get home.

Janet, on the other hand, would most likely know the address for Earth.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                  Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                  sigpic
                  now also appearing on DeviantArt
                  Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

I'm no Dr. Frasier expert but I'm assuming that she'd know the earth address seeing as how she was invaluable to them as a doctor. It'd be cool if she didn't know the earth address, makes for a pretty good story but still...
                    Back from the grave.

Comment

thanks everyone and i was thinking of using a AU crossover similar to the one episode where janet and martouf made appearances
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X