Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to Cassandra, Young O'Neill and the Harcesis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In "Heroes, Part 2," I'm sure there was dialogue about Sam taking in Cassie. Are you sure there wasn't?

Comment

No, but it's been a while. It very well could have been there. I just never got the impression that Sam ever adopted Janet's full responsibilities as a parent. If she did take her in, I think it would have only been until she was old enough to move out.
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
        I don't believe that Sam adopted or took in Cassandra or anything like that, but she mentions her a couple times so I thought the implication was she lived on her own but they had kept in touch.
        I am sure the SGC put her up somewhere, and took care of her to some extent financially, etc.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

No, but it's been a while. It very well could have been there. I just never got the impression that Sam ever adopted Janet's full responsibilities as a parent. If she did take her in, I think it would have only been until she was old enough to move out.
          Taking in a teenager who's almost an adult does not require one to adopt full parental responsibilities. It's just providing the almost-adult with a residence so they can finish school.

Comment

I have always found the whole teen Oniell debate interesting.

My take on the situation Teen Oniell while yes has the experiences and memories of someone older is still a teenager, at the end of the episode onwards he is making his own choices and experiences thus becoming his own person he is no longer Oniell he just has his memories. Not to mention the fact he is a teenager so his body is still undergoing changes which will no doubt effect the way his minds work , I know I certainly did not have innocent thoughts when I was a teenager and having actual adult memories might have made me act more responsible so inturn teen oniell most likely will hold off anyway.

My question about it all is at what point is it then "ok" for him to starting seeing women when he is 18, 25, 50?

I understand the whole sheep in wolfs clothing side is coming from which is perfectly valid I just have different ideas on this subject.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by spratty View Post
              I have always found the whole teen Oniell debate interesting.

My take on the situation Teen Oniell while yes has the experiences and memories of someone older is still a teenager, at the end of the episode onwards he is making his own choices and experiences thus becoming his own person he is no longer Oniell he just has his memories. Not to mention the fact he is a teenager so his body is still undergoing changes which will no doubt effect the way his minds work , I know I certainly did not have innocent thoughts when I was a teenager and having actual adult memories might have made me act more responsible so inturn teen oniell most likely will hold off anyway.

My question about it all is at what point is it then "ok" for him to starting seeing women when he is 18, 25, 50?

I understand the whole sheep in wolfs clothing side is coming from which is perfectly valid I just have different ideas on this subject.
              I don't necessarily have a problem with him seeing women, just the teenage girls and/or Cassandra relationships that are mentioned. He's known Cassie since she was about 12 years old and is probably one of the closest things she still has for a father figure (and he perhaps for a daughter) and watched her grow up. Not to mention that his own son, Charlie, would have been older than the clone himself had he not died as a kid... so I find it difficult to imagine Jack (of any age) getting it on with a girl young enough to be his daughter. I know there are (often rich/famous) men who have a thing for girls young enough to be their (grand)daughter, but that's not a vibe I ever got from Jack. If anything, I always thought he was more into mature women (Sara and Laira are clearly adult/mature women, rather than naive girls), so I wouldn't be surprised if the clone would end up as a "boy toy" to an older woman.
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

My take on the situation Teen Oniell while yes has the experiences and memories of someone older is still a teenager, at the end of the episode onwards he is making his own choices and experiences thus becoming his own person he is no longer Oniell he just has his memories.
                He's more than a teenager with O'Neill's memories. He is O'Neill. Remember the episode? He spent most of it thinking he had been rejuvenated to a teenage state. For all intents and purposes, everyone believed that he was O'Neill until it was discovered that he was a clone. I would think of it more like a middle-aged person being reset to a teenager and given a chance to live all over again.

I would say when he's 18, a legal adult. Having some fifty years of memories, experience, and personality in your head will only lead to wiser decisions.

Comment

i think that sam did take her in. she was almost 18, so she probably started college and needed some support but not as much as she did when she was growing up.
                  sigpic

Comment

The only references to Cassie were in "Heroes", when Sam was trying to write something for Janet's memorial and Teal'c comes in and she says she needs to go pick up Cassie.

And later in the episode when Sam tells Jack
                    She's a strong kid, she survives, you know.
                    Again, later in S9, "Ex Deus Machina", when she tells Agent Barrett

I needed something with more flexible hours. Janet's adopted daughter Cassie was going through a hard time...

Comment

Working...
                    X