Casting for SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Calluna View Post
    I meant more about putting "him" in quotes rather than JD being an assy actor.
    I say that because for half the movie I honestly thought that he was a girl...

And I'm still not quite sure...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
      I wouldn't want someone to be acting in my movie if they didn't really want to be there...
      Apparently it happens all the time. The money is apparently more important to them than the fact that they don't want to be involved.

And it's interesting that he did participate in the movie in spite of not wanting to, and then came back and had a cameo appearance in "Continuum".

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        And it's interesting that he did participate in the movie in spite of not wanting to, and then came back and had a cameo appearance in "Continuum".
        Different actors; Jaye Davidson was in Stargate and Jay Williams in Stargate: Continuum (as well as Moebius)
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I say that because for half the movie I honestly thought that he was a girl...

And I'm still not quite sure...
          Ok. I just reacted because I know Jaye Davidson recieved a lot of hate mail to that effect after "The Crying Game" and that was apparently one of the reasons he never persued acting as much as he might have. He was certainly pretty androgynous for most of his career but it touched a slight nerve for me.

Apparently it happens all the time. The money is apparently more important to them than the fact that they don't want to be involved.
          I know a few actors and most of the parts they accept are for money not love of the role, none of them are well known enough right now to be choosy because they have to work or they'll starve. I remember an old quote from AT where she said that when she graduated college she vowed to only do Arthouse movies and threatre but when she got the check from her first commercial and it paid the rent for a few months...........

Of course I'd prefer all the actors I like to adore the roles they play, and most Stargate actors are appriciative in interviews, but I don't begrudge anyone just trying to pay the bills as long as they aren't a pain in the ass on set.

Comment

Originally posted by Calluna View Post
            but I don't begrudge anyone just trying to pay the bills as long as they aren't a pain in the ass on set.
            Which, apparently, he was.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X