Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watching SG-1 for the first time! Plus a blog!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bane is one of my very least-favorite episodes, just for the bugs. Ugh. Good Teal'c though.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      Bane is one of my very least-favorite episodes, just for the bugs. Ugh. Good Teal'c though.
      Ugh....hate Bane...it's the other one beside "Message in a Bottle" that I can't stand watching...best part of Bane is the very last scene.
      sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
      http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

You guys are making me biased. xD
        Well, I watched two episodes of X-Files before hitting the sack last night, so I think I'll be fine. One of them had bugs, too. Flesh-eating bugs. They ate people's faces. It was pretty fantastic.
        I'm a Stephen King fanatic. I thrive on guts and gore and the grotesque. ;D

...Oh, wait, this blog is on Stargate.
        Better put in the DVD!

Comment

Well, I DID say it has good Teal'c...
          sigpic

Comment

Okay, I don't know what you guys were watching, but "Bane" (2x10) was not that bad. Yes, bugs. But we never really had to deal with a swarm. I was expecting Alien grossness or The X-Files' Flukeman (from the first season episode "The Host") or something really nasty like those alien things from Stephen King's Dreamcatcher.

Personally I thought the plot overall was kind of stupid. It didn't feel quite Stargate.
            But I will say that Ally is the greatest thing since sliced bread, and you'll see me talk about her a lot in my review. She's just great.

The ending is goofy but hysterical. Had to love it!! So great! I'm forced to agree with LC that the final scene was the best.

TOK'RA IS NEXT!!!! YAY!!!!!! MORE EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!!!

Comment

Did you catch the totally unwarranted shot of the Seattle skyline?

Seaboe
              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                Did you catch the totally unwarranted shot of the Seattle skyline?

Seaboe
                That was Seattle?! Lol! I kept trying to figure out where they were. xD I kept thinking Denver, but.. haha, wow, a little "whoops" by the setting people, hm? We all know Teal'c's athletic but he's not that fast. I'm surprised I didn't catch that.

Comment

Originally posted by CMWriter View Post
                  Personally I thought the plot overall was kind of stupid. It didn't feel quite Stargate.
                  But I will say that Ally is the greatest thing since sliced bread, and you'll see me talk about her a lot in my review. She's just great.
                  Well, I didn't want to spoil by saying THAT part of it, so just left it at the bugs. But, yeah, kind of stupid. Ally is terrific.
                  sigpic

Comment

I tackled both parts of "The Tok'ra" and.. wow, a whole ton happened. Writing this review is going to be tough.
                    I think I'm going to keep the summary part to 500-1000 words max and then just focus on final thoughts for most of it, because so much happened and it's just thrilling! Really fantastic two-parter.
                    Also: Jacob Carter is awesome. That is all.

Comment

I tackled both parts of "The Tok'ra" and.. wow, a whole ton happened. Writing this review is going to be tough.
                      I think I'm going to keep the summary part to 500-1000 words max and then just focus on final thoughts for most of it, because so much happened and it's just thrilling! Really fantastic two-parter.
                      Also: Jacob Carter is awesome. That is all.
                      yeah the tok'ra is a pretty cool two parter. though i will tell you this, from season two onward, it just keeps getting better and better.

Comment

Although a love hate relationship will develop with them.
                        sigpic
                        Check out my blog/forum! http://williamtelltale.blogspot.com/

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                          yeah the tok'ra is a pretty cool two parter. though i will tell you this, from season two onward, it just keeps getting better and better.
                          That's what I like to hear. I'm sure there'll be misses (there are, every season, every series) but I'm used to that. It's the overall concept that matters most. (:

Originally posted by Phinguyver View Post
                          Although a love hate relationship will develop with them.
                          Oh really? Well.. only makes it more interesting, no?

I'll be starting my review soon and then I'll get it up here.

Comment

That was Seattle?! Lol! I kept trying to figure out where they were. xD I kept thinking Denver, but.. haha, wow, a little "whoops" by the setting people, hm? We all know Teal'c's athletic but he's not that fast. I'm surprised I didn't catch that.
                            They weren't actually in Seattle. They weren't even supposed to be in Seattle for plot purposes. That's what makes the sudden appearance of the Seattle skyline so bizarre. At least it wasn't the Space Needle.
                            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                              They weren't actually in Seattle. They weren't even supposed to be in Seattle for plot purposes. That's what makes the sudden appearance of the Seattle skyline so bizarre. At least it wasn't the Space Needle.
                              That's what I mean! It would be crazy if it had taken place there though. xD If they'd just left out that skyline shot it would've been fine... lol...

Comment

I love the Tok'ra. I would have loved for the series to go in-depth with them, far more than it did, and give them the kind of dimensional treatment so richly deserved by characters with the potential to be as complicated as a Tok'ra host/symbiote pair can surely be... but...

I LOVE THE TOK'RA!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                                Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                                sigpic
                                now also appearing on DeviantArt
                                Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Working...
                                X