what do you miss most about sg1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
    for me it is the sense of wonder at where they would go and what they would find as they went through the gate that i really miss.
    ^this

and the characters and storyline.
    sigpic

Comment

Aww, reading your answers is really making me want to go and watch an episode of SG-1. Haven't done that in years!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
        Aww, reading your answers is really making me want to go and watch an episode of SG-1. Haven't done that in years!
        hah, i'm in the middle of another rewatch. just started season 6!

that said, what i loved about sg-1 is that its so much fun seeing how the stargate program advances from day 1 right up through Atlantis. everything just builds up so gradually that you barely notice the fact that we went from doing everything on foot and trying to hijack deathgliders to building our own fleet of battlecruisers. it's just so epic in scale but yet it happens so slowly. Atlantis didn't have that, the gradual build-up of resources since they started out with Atlantis in overall good shape. SGU had it, we went from knowing nothing about Destiny and controlling it via the apple core to plotting our own flt courses and having two brand new shuttles.

Comment

I really miss the relationship between the team. And the Mythology behind the storylines I found to be really interesting. The comradery and friendship between the main cast also seeped through which made the show really fun to watch.
          -Jaffa Warrior

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
            I'm thinking that too. For years i had a very hard time rewatching SG-1 episodes knowing how it ended especially with regard to Sam/Jack

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
              I'm thinking that too. For years i had a very hard time rewatching SG-1 episodes knowing how it ended especially with regard to Sam/Jack
              i like to think that they got together some time during atlantis, because sam was hinting at in that episode where her, keller and mckay are stuck in that room.
              sigpic

Comment

The fact that it was hardly shown on terrestrial television here in the UK.
                Ok Channel 4 did show it as part of the T4 segment. But they stopped showing it after the end of season 8.
                "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                To thy own self... Be true
                May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                  Ok Channel 4 did show it as part of the T4 segment. But they stopped showing it after the end of season 8.
                  Yeah, for my brother SG-1 ended with season 5 - no Jack, no joy.

Comment

Jack was around longer than that, but I stopped enjoying it as much after Season 5.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                    sigpic
                    now also appearing on DeviantArt
                    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                      Yeah, for my brother SG-1 ended with season 5 - no Jack, no joy.
                      But Jack was in in until the end of Season 8. Daniel was the one that left at the end of Season 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                        our terrestrial tv is awful (thank god for sky) so im just suprised they showed it at all.
                        sigpic
                        The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

The mythology, hands down!

Comment

I miss the political storylines, we didn't get those nearly as well with SGA and hardly at all with SGU. Keeping it a secret, NID, ect.

Comment

The Jack-Daniel relationship, the quippy jokes, the sense of humor.. I miss it all..

*tear*

Comment

Originally posted by Kab View Post
                                The Jack-Daniel relationship, the quippy jokes, the sense of humor.. I miss it all..

*tear*
                                You made me cry

"Daniel....Jack.....Daniel"

i'm going to have to do a rewatch
                                no means no, and so does pepper spray
                                Sig by The Carpenter
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X