This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How will they make BB and MS different?

Hi, this is my first post here. I hope this hasn't been talked about already. But I think Ben Browder and Michael Shanks do look very similar. They have the same hair, body type, height, bone structure. No, they're not identical, but they are close enough that a lot of people have mixed them up. In a recent interview, someone from Stargate PTB joked that they'd shave BB's head to make him different from MS. But you know they probably wouldn't do that.

So what could they do? I think they'll need to do something or it might get confusing to new viewers. Will they have MS grow his hair long again and wear glasses? Will they dye BB's hair? Since BB's character will be in the military, he has to keep his hair short, right? (I don't know too much about these things.) And he probably can't grow a beard or goatee. And he can't wear anything different?

What do you think they'll do?

I'm not sure it will be a problem but the idea you suggest of asking MS to grow his hair again is a good one, he looked cool with longer hair and it would make them less similar.
    The member formally known as clwaurie.
    I'm not actually sure any of you will understand what I mean but in the words of Kurt Cobain "NEVERMIND".

Comment

Werent they talking about shaving BB's head lol...

Comment

Oh, they'll do something.

I'm goin for BB's hair being dyed blonde.

Or - whose to say he wasn't somehow disfigured in that ol' air crash he was involved in - nothing too drastic now, maybe a manly scar. Wouldn't want to muss up his gorgeousness, no Sireee! But then, that would doom BB to a life of silicone glue right enough. Or, make one wear a green T-shirt and one wear a black one (nod to Farscape for those not tuned).

Does anyone know, are these guys the same height? Hell, I just don't care enough, just bring them on!!!

And, hey, leave MS's hair alone - he's not allowed to grow those girlie flowing locks again, that's just so...old.
        Never go to bed angry. Stay up and plot your revenge!

Comment

MS is 6' and BB is 6'1", according to IMDB. So they're close enough to the same height to be very similar.

The show could have some fun with their similarities. Like someone could tap who they thought was Daniel on the shoulder but BB's character would turn around. But I think it would be better for the show if they were more distinctive, imo.

Comment

Camera rises on forested planet, locals are approaching heroes SG-1

Carter
            Daniel, what do you think?

MM
            I'm still not Daniel, ma'am.

Carter
            Right! Right! So, MM, what do you think?

Daniel
            Uh . . . Sam, I'm Daniel.

Comment

Ben and Michael are different. Wait until you see them together.
              Similar, but not identical at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Galluslass
                Or - whose to say he wasn't somehow disfigured in that ol' air crash he was involved in - nothing too drastic now, maybe a manly scar.
                It's been done...ever heard of Mackenzie Calhoun ?
                sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

I think in certain pictures BB and MS look very similar. Especially some of those stock still photos.

But I agree with zahncrelnik that once you see them "in action", playing their characters side-by-side I don't think we're going to have any trouble distinguishing between them. Unless, of course, TPTB deliberately try and play that up.

Daniel wears glasses, presumably MM won't. Daniel could put highlights in his hair to make it more blonde. MM having a scar might be interesting - I've always liked that scar in Jack's eyebrow. I hope neither one of them are compelled to grow a goatee or shave their heads!

If all else fails they can just put the names on their uniforms.
                  Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

I don't think MS and BB look that much alike - from certain angles maybe.

Once they get together on-screen I think there will be significant differences. I'll be staring at both anyway.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                      I don't think MS and BB look that much alike - from certain angles maybe.

Once they get together on-screen I think there will be significant differences. I'll be staring at both anyway.
                      You are SO right!! Both are gorgeous, I will be staring at both too!

Comment

I'm a fan of both actors and really don't see this overwhelming similarity that would make it necessary for them to "do" anything.

Besides, Daniel already wears glasses. How much more difference is needed?
                        I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Janus
                          Seen my post in the name thread? But a scars such as that of the Excalibur's Captain is low key enough that you could only tell at ranges where you could tell MS and BB apart anyway. And beside M'K'N'ZY is only exsists in book form so its useless in a debate about actors.

You could make BB an alien but we already now he's a F302 pilot. shaving his head would be a good idea really. And confine Dnaiel to his beretta and have MM always carry a big honkin rifle (an m-4 with all the cuttings maybe) would help off world.
                          sigpic
                          Banner By JME2

Comment

I also don't think they look that similar. They will be very different characters and BB will likely have quite short hair as an AF guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Janus
                              I know I know that name, but I can't place it.
                              My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
                              -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
                              -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
                              -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Working...
                              X