Unas general discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unas general discussion

I was watching a episode today with unas and I thought it would be interesting to discuss them. They are honestly one of my favorite speices and there culture and lingual systems are actualy close to those in the amazon. I know this because I lived in brazil and enteracted with many of the different tribes.

Cool. Although I assume the Brazilian tribes would have a slightly larger vocabulary... Still, the Unas are a poorly understood species, and surely had the best makeup of an alien race ever.
    sigpic

Comment

i also enjoyed when i realized that the unas were going to be in an episode. i like how daniel was able to learn some of their language and communicate with them. i also like how they weren't what they seem when you first met them. the first time you saw one he was a goa'uld and not a typical unas.
      sigpic

Comment

I just always wondered why there weren't any females...

Comment

Originally posted by Selene1212 View Post
          I just always wondered why there weren't any females...
          i wondered that too. maybe there are we just never saw them.
          sigpic

Comment

I think there are females they just stay in the cave systems that the unas live in. Arent there some in the episode were daniel first encounters them? The Brazilian tribes or at least a large majority of them have broad range use for certain words. As well there vocabularys are smaller as they aren't necessary, the large majority of them only count up to ten or hands. An interesting side note is that from my moms and grandparents story's of them there were quite a few tribes that thought the missionary's were gods or demons that controlled great magics and medicines

Comment

I've always liked the fact that the Unas language is just a primitive form of the Goa'uld language. "Ka" instead of "kree" and whatnot.
              I would have liked to learn more about the Goa'uld society while they were using Unas hosts. It must have been thousands of years between the Goa'uld first taking an Unas host and when they were developed enough to figure out the stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                i wondered that too. maybe there are we just never saw them.
                Or maybe we did and couldn't tell the difference...

Comment

Working...
                X