Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps the reason Ra used humans as his personal guard in the movie and not Jaffa is a security thing. Being a supreme system lord would make him a huge target for both the Tok’ra and other system lords. If he had Jaffa onboard his ship then the Tok’ra or Goa'uld could easily infiltrate his ship and dress up as Jaffa and he wouldn’t be able to distinguish between Jaffa and blended humans, but by only having Human soldiers as soon as one of them is compromised he would be able detect it as we know Goa'uld can detect other symbiotes! Perhaps on his other ships he had Jaffa soldiers.
    General Hammond "I thought the arm bands were meant to make them stronger, not stupid"

Comment

Originally posted by system lord nu
      I think his human First prime Anubis from the movie was on steroids sind he punched his staff weapon and snapped it while he was fighting O'neil
      Perhaps if Ra had been putting him through the sarcophagas it would explain his increased strength!
      General Hammond "I thought the arm bands were meant to make them stronger, not stupid"

Comment

i like the idea anubis was a goa'uld but not the horus,

there isnt really any evedience that he was running out of jaffa, i mean he thot he was goin to a world with no technology or brains, why would he need some jaffa?
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I kinda like the idea that Ra's control was so absolute he could use lesser Goa'uld as soldiers. A Goa'uld in a human host is stronger then a Jaffa right?
          sigpic
          I am Zim, Irken Invader Zim. I am responsible for the safe obliteration of the human race, not you!' - Zim - Invader Zim
          'Don't worry, officer. You are in a filthy Earth brain hospital. Your feelings are normal. There's a squid brain in your head! ' - Zim - Invader Zim
          'Now, to unleash screaming temporal doom! ' - Zim -Invader Zim

Comment

The original idea behind the Anubis First Prime was this.

The best warrior would be selected as First Prime. And when someone thought he was stronger, he would challenge the Anubis First Prime to a battle and the winner would become Anubis. So, in a series of cycles of life and death, Anubis became associated with the God of Death/Life.

Now, that is very possible with the Goa'uld approach. When another human beats the Goa'uld Anubis First Prime, then he could take over the better human because clearly, that guy has a better physique than the rest.

Hows that?

Comment

Originally posted by UltraMarioMan
              I kinda like the idea that Ra's control was so absolute he could use lesser Goa'uld as soldiers. A Goa'uld in a human host is stronger then a Jaffa right?

Yup, hense why Jaffa fear Ashraks... Remember when Teal'C was remembering how much only one ashrak had done so much damage in some mines that Anubis had?

Comment

I keep hearing people say that Ra was on the way out of power even before the movie. What episode states that?

Comment

Originally posted by Chops
                  I keep hearing people say that Ra was on the way out of power even before the movie. What episode states that?
                  None, theyre just delusional.

Comment

Originally posted by Unas
                    None, theyre just delusional.
                    No, it's speculation; it's not completely clear when Ra was at his prime, because he was Supreme System Lord, but his rivals also seemed to be gaining in power prior to the movie (particularly Apophis). It also doesn't help matters that the movie doesn't do quite a good job of portraying just how big his power base was, but that's somewhat due to Devlin and Emmerich (sp?) not being able to think quite as big as the show's writers.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

How do you no Ra's rivals were gaining power prior to the movie?????? I always assumed that Ra controlled most of the territory occupied by the Goa'uld and after he died the other system lords began to claim parts of his territory for his own of which Apophis was on of those that came out on top as was Her'ur.
                      The member formally known as clwaurie.
                      I'm not actually sure any of you will understand what I mean but in the words of Kurt Cobain "NEVERMIND".

Comment

Working...
                      X