Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still believe that the best new villain would be some kind of giant robot that flies through space... eating stargates (for some reason)

Comment

Originally posted by diamond-dust
      Off topic here but is it me or does Stargate Atlantis just look tacky. I haven't seen it and I don't plan on doing so. SG-1 all the way. There's a cartoon out there somewhere too lol.

Does any one think it could be possible for a Goa'uld to inhabit another more advanced species than humans? The Asguard for example? You see where I'm going with this?
      u shuld really check out atlantis, its been very good so far
      and right now, im prefering to SG-1
      the first series i think has been better than the first series of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by gate traveler
        I still believe that the best new villain would be some kind of giant robot that flies through space... eating stargates (for some reason)
        that's just like star trek

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
          **SPOILER*** Giant multi-colored monkeys are the new enemy!!!
          Uhm, Aschen, you're not supposed to mix the orange and blue pills.........
          sigpic
          Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
          "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Buddha
            I think that the writers and producers are in a bind. Just a new Goa'uld is NOT going to cut it.

However, they can't just make an alien race out of the blue, or even use one of the already existing aliens like the Retu, because that would leave one half of the Stargate plot magic out of the formula:

STARGATE IS ABOUT THE FUTURE AND ABOUT THE PAST.

The Goa'uld are part of the magic, the original magic, because they tie in to the Egyptian Deities. The Asgard fit the formula too, because they are the archetypes for the Norse Gods (though Supreme Commander Thor doesn't really live up to his tempestuous representation the way, say, Apophis lived up to his). Even the ancients tie into ancient earth history, being the original latin speakers and telling their tales to the ancient Greeks and Romans about Atlantis.

Coming up with a new enemy that ties into earth history is the key. The Egyptian, Norse, and Greek pantheons are already explained, as are some of the Babylonian, Celtic, and Chinese myths and legends. We've even had American Indians in space with stand ins for various Great Spirits. What does that leave?

Demons and Devils? (maybe... then again maybe not)
            Djinn? (Genies, Marids, and the like... lamp-dwellers - sounds bad to me)
            Space Druids (that sounds DREADFUL)

And I'm outta ideas...

Anyone else think of any good ancient myths or history that could be turned into a decent "new" adversary for SG-1?

Dude you forgot the christians
            that is if the enemy is this fallen angel whats his name?....

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox
              I have a feeling that
              Spoiler:
              the team are going to do something, while in the past at the end of this season, which will wipe out or change the Goa'uld in some way (I have no info to support this in any way, I just have a feeling in my waters that it's going to happen).

So a new villan would be needed for S9.

We will have to wait and see.

But speculating is fun.
              Dude WTH?
              Feeling thats what the producer basicly said and besides all post around the forums .
              feeling pffft..

Comment

what about the new enemy being a new super-replicator.
                all are humanoid and similar to supersoldiers. they posess knowledge of ancients/goauld/tauri, and can defeat all of their weapons.

btw, why is it that the knox are never affected by the replicators?
                hmmmm, what if the carter replicant decides to go to pegasus and take the wraith's technology and destroy them?
                Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
                Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

Originally posted by 9-Chevron
                  Dude you forgot the christians
                  that is if the enemy is this fallen angel whats his name?....
                  Lucifer.
                  sigpic

Well, not anymore... Good bye Atlantis!

Comment

I think that the writers are going to come up with something that we'd never expect. They always suprise us with these weird turns-of-events. That's what's so great about the show
                    Last edited by lengau; 22 January 2005, 07:56 PM.
                    Hey. they're the Powers that Be! They can do whatever they damn well please!!!

Comment

It's gotta be Replicarter allied with the Aschen or probably the Wraith.

That would be a good way for the Atlantis team to take the stage if they decide Season 9 is the end.

Comment

Of course, if they truly love their craft, they could go with something eldritch.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8r^Ry
                          that's just like star trek
                          Actually that is just like Lexx the series.

Comment

well i guess everyone who comes to this forums already watch the stargate the movie , you dont? you are in the wrong place

Anyways do you guys remember those flash backs when Daniel was reading the glipht in that pyramid about Ra's past remember that alien face that was supposed to be him he looked kind of like a wraith , what if this new enemy in season 9 is Ra taking over wraith body or maybe this furlings we never seen

thoughts?

Comment

Ra needed humans because the race the Goa'ulds were using before (unas?) were dying out and could not be preserved by the symbiotes.

If a symbiote can keep a human alive for hundreds of years (without a sarc), and a Wraith can live indefinately on its own without a symbiote, then it would be a demotion to go from Wraith to human hosts.

Also, the Wraith don't even know about our galaxy.

But by all means, roll out the Furlings!!!..

Howbout Evil supreme system lord Ra's clone in a Furling host ?
                              That would explain how we went from "Your a pig, but I like your cat" to "I missed you"

Comment

They might just bring Ra back from the dead. If Ra had not died, he would most probably have been the one to defeat the other system lords. It would kind of bring the show full circle...start with Ra, end with Ra.

Comment

Working...
                                X