This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thor39
    I'm not very well versed in norse mythology but are there any good websites where I can read up about it or an recommended books?
    The Encyclopedia Mythica website is a good start; the articles are short but they cover a wide field.
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
      The Encyclopedia Mythica website is a good start; the articles are short but they cover a wide field.
      The best start would be to read the younger and elder Eddas, in full.

Comment

He is crafty and malicious, but is also heroic
        well that does sound like Loki from SG-1

Crafty: when his people were busy recovering from the replicators he decided to sneak back to earth after hearing about O'Neill and he did it without the Asgard knowing (even thought they monitor all hyperspace activity at Earth

Malicious: was will to kidnap and experiment on people why creating clones that would die

Heroic: all he cared about is saving his people. he was doing the wrong thing but for all the fight reasons

sigpic

Comment

From what I've read, I thought they did a good job portraying Loki.
          sigpic

Comment

I don't think we know how the Asgard Loki acted in the many years before on earth with ancient Norse Mythology... he could have started off more mischevious and not so malicious and his personality could have shifted and changed over time as he realized it was a race against the clock with the clones, and decided to take more drastic measures.
            Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
            more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Working...
            X